• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

daw840

Smokey said:
10pm central sounds good.

I think there are a few who are going to play tonight so that should be good.

ChrisJames, if your around I can try to go to my buddies house and get our game in last minute.

AB, we could try to connect again. IDK if it will work, but I guess it's worth a shot.

ecnal

Smokey said:
:lol

the tears in the chatroom were amazing though

i hate you :lol

ill be around tonight for a game or two:

celtics, magic, blazers, bucks, & bulls.

edit: daw, i see your post above, will you be able to play tonight after we advance?

Birdman02

Smokey said:
10pm central sounds good.

I think there are a few who are going to play tonight so that should be good.

I'm playing Vidako at 8 cst and Diddy right after that one's finished...we should be done right around 10.

Birdman02 said:
I'm playing Vidako at 8 cst and Diddy right after that one's finished...we should be done right around 10.
home at 5:30.

edit: home now. let's get this is rollin!

...scrim anyone for a warm up game before my game with bird?

daw840

daw840 said:
ChrisJames, if your around I can try to go to my buddies house and get our game in last minute.

AB, we could try to connect again. IDK if it will work, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Are either one of you around right now? I have a little spare time.

DMczaf

I never called you a cheeser, but that play was BS. I miss a jump shot and you chuck the ball down from under my basket to a waiting lebron 90+ feet away. That's not a fastbreak, that's just cherry picking.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
I never called you a cheese, but that play was BS. I miss a jump shot and you chuck the ball down from under my basket to a waiting lebron 70+ feet away. That's not a fastbreak, that's just cherrypicking.

I didn't make him go there. He took off when you took your shot. I just passed to him because I saw him leak out. And seeing as I had missed two midrange shots with him I figured a nice high percentage DUNK at the end of an extremely competitive game would be a nice stamp to make sure I gave myself a nice lead with 30 seconds left.

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
I never called you a cheese, but that play was BS. I miss a jump shot and you chuck the ball down from under my basket to a waiting lebron 70+ feet away. That's not a fastbreak, that's just cherrypicking.
This...although this has happened to me a few times, i forget who did it to me, but it sucks, i just came down and Kobe threw his nuts on 6 defenders, yeah six. It evened out :D

DCX

DMczaf

Anytime I throw the ball too far down court (like let's say....90 freaking feet) I would dribble back out because its such an unfair play. Pretty much most people I've played do the same thing.

I wish 2K would increase the risk of those passes going out of bounds, because thats all random ranked people do after a missed shot (at least the people I played)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
Anytime I throw the ball too far down court (like let's say....90 freaking feet) I would dribble back out because its such an unfair play. Pretty much most people I've played do the same thing.

I wish 2K would increase the risk of those passes going out of bounds, because thats all random ranked people do after a missed shot (at least the people I played)

I recall you hitting several threes on me with very similar plays. I didn't make Bron stand on the baseline.

But seriously in a game that tight and that competitive you wouldn't have thrown the ball downcourt if I took a three, missed and you saw your guy leak out? Really? Because I don't know a single coach that wouldn't take that fast break pass.
I've never played a random online yet so I don't know. I think saying I'm like a random is rather insulting but oh well I'll take it.
But I don't see any difference between that last play and the multiple threes that we all take in the fast break. You hit several on me just like that. Running up court, push the ball to your lead man and take the shot.

Oh well. I honestly had an awesome time in that game. You were destroying me in the first quarter. I came back a bit in the second. You moved farther ahead again in the third and then I got hot with my bench and went into the fourth with a one point lead. I made some defensive switches that helped me out and I got the win. It was an awesome game on both sides.

At least that's what I thought.

GG DM.

daw840

Truelize said:
I recall you hitting several threes on me with very similar plays. I didn't make Bron stand on the baseline.

But seriously in a game that tight and that competitive you wouldn't have thrown the ball downcourt if I took a three, missed and you saw your guy leak out? Really? Because I don't know a single coach that wouldn't take that fast break pass.
I've never played a random online yet so I don't know. I think saying I'm like a random is rather insulting but oh well I'll take it.
But I don't see any difference between that last play and the multiple threes that we all take in the fast break. You hit several on me just like that. Running up court, push the ball to your lead man and take the shot.

Oh well. I honestly had an awesome time in that game. You were destroying me in the first quarter. I came back a bit in the second. You moved farther ahead again in the third and then I got hot with my bench and went into the fourth with a one point lead. I made some defensive switches that helped me out and I got the win. It was an awesome game on both sides.

GG DM.

LOL. Last season, when I beat you, you told me I play like a random. Just sayin. I am a little insulted now.

:lol :lol

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:

GG DM.
need a reset with Konex

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
daw840 said:
LOL. Last season, when I beat you, you told me I play like a random. Just sayin. I am a little insulted now.

:lol :lol

I think I said it in a different way though. You had asked me how to change your game up because Aka had blasted you in the thread.

DCX said:
need a reset with Konex

On the way.

Edit: did that work? First time I've tried it from the website.

DCX

DCX
I don't know what can be done about it...it's two days of this shit, he says router, i say its him! I never had a problem with anyone else.

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
DCX, you can have the win since my team's so shitty lol. I doubt it's me cos you keep disconnecting and I have no issues with anyone else :p

Thing is, I have a router as well but I'm not gonna go through the hassle of disconnecting it until we play a game that means something (When I have my Lakers next season! mwuwhwhahaha)

Cloudy said:
DCX, you can have the win since my team's so shitty lol. I doubt it's me cos you keep disconnecting and I have no issues with anyone else :p

Thing is, I have a router as well but I'm not gonna go through the hassle of disconnecting it until we play a game that means something (When I have my Lakers next season! mwuwhwhahaha)
i knew you we're trying to tank.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
can i get a reset? I'll try one more time.

DCX

Done. Give it another try. One for the road.

Laziness said:

You wont disconnect your router? I do it for every game. It's the only way I can play and get a good connection.

DCX

DCX
Fine, well i just wanted to play, i haven't played in a bit, need to keep up with it you know. Oh well, we tried. Til next time.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
So what happened w/ the Lakers v Hornets game?
It wouldnt connect. We tried like 3-4 times. It kept signing me out, primary account has signed out some bullshit like that after a minute of play...the only time thats ever happened to me :/

DCX

DiddyBop

birdamn has had me on pause for the longest time:lol think hes busy with soemthing

Smokey said:
wtf asshole

what is w/ pacers + raptors game? the score has been stuck on 6-2 for 10 minutes...

im getting on aim..lets do it

Top Bottom