• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

ecnal

daw840 said:
Holy shit Jeff. Do you think you shot enough 3 pt shots? 39 attempts.

edit: If anyone needs to play me now is the time. I don't have a lot of time to play games. I am the Celtics.

you still here? i'm getting on now...

DiddyBop

fmt,you back to chucking threes?:lol i know the feel so good,i was the biggest chucker last season,but once they start brickin...youre cooked!

charsace

ecnal said:
you still here? i'm getting on now...
Are you prepared for the Carroll Experience? I don't think you are!

Smokey's regret probably involves girl(s) and fighting. I played football in hs and know firsthand that girls can cause a lot of problems in high school; the kind that involves fighting or doing things on school grounds that you shouldn't be doing.

Barrage said:
Hey vikadako! You down for some Old Spurs v New Spurs hoopsticuffs?
playing bob. first. then cb3. i want you last on my list. im saving the sexiest matchup for last.

edit: Pistons vs. Heat. The team that unblocked the verbal agreement. its gonna be a grudge match. stay tuned in.

Barrage

Hey, that's reasonable. Tell you what, take your time. When you get to me, we can swing a deal for Roger Mas-OH WAIT

Put THAT in your TNT Presents The Closer America's #1 Drama Halftime Show!

lol @ the blazers. every miss it seems like there was some ridiculous rebound. i was leading in the game by 1 with under a minute left, fernandez bricks a shot, the blazer guy is in NO POSITION to get the rebound. what happens? as he's falling out of bounds he manages to contort his body and somehow not only get a hand on the ball (which would have been an incredible achievement in itself), but he manages to bank it off the backboard for a bucket!

anyhow, yeah ive gone back to my 3 point ways. what else can i do? i'm dirkless... i can't get my offense going without them :(

Smokey

The Bobcats/Nets game was the SHITTIEST game I've taken part in this season. The game had it's mind up that I was going to lose that game, and I kept trying to fight it. 5/20 from 3 pt land? Give me a fucking break. ZERO pts from my starting PG? What the fuck. I mean, it was a close game and Bogans (who was my most consistent player this game) hit a 3 in the 4th w/ under a minute left to give me the fucking lead. Up by 1 w/ 30 something seconds to go trying to run as much time off of clock. Get it to Wallace pump fake w/ like 3 seconds left on shot clock, go up to shoot and pray to 2K GODS that they let the fucking basket go in, and whoop they call a shooting foul. Knock 2 FT's down, game over.

I won, but i am angry. Clearly I was not supposed to AT ALL.

charsace said:
I got fouled at the end of the game going to the basket and the game doesn't call it. Love 2k.

It was just one of those games man. It was terrible.

Mrbob

I didn't score my first damn points and get a bucket till 3:30 in the 1st quarter...I started ICE COLD going 4 and a half minutes with nothing. He started the game 10-0, but I wasn't about to go down like that.

Nelson heated up in the 3rd and gave me the cushion I needed. One down, three to go!

Birdman02

Fucking 2K....I was up 23 in my game against the Magic, and I get a network error in the 4th qtr. There is no way I'm replaying that game. I was well on my way to a win...none of my starters had played more than 10 minutes.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Fucking 2K....I was up 23 in my game against the Magic, and I get a network error in the 4th qtr. There is no way I'm replaying that game. I was well on my way to a win...none of my starters had played more than 10 minutes.

Yeah I saw that, you'll get it.

daw840

Hey guys, I really didn't want to do this., But I think I am done with this league. I have been playing at my friends house and I think the internet connection here sucks really bad. I mean, last season I was playing with a lower rated team and had a winning record. This season, I am playing with the best rated team in the game and can't seem to make any shots whatsoever. It's not because I don't want to play, I think the lag on this connection is screwing me up royally. Thank you to the Hawks for not beating me worse than you could have, you let the shot clock just drain down numerous times at the end of the game and I thank you for that. I just don't think that I can continue.

Barrage

Birdman02 said:

I got a network error in my game vs the grizz a few minutes ago. Can we get a reset?

Smokey

daw840 said:
Hey guys, I really didn't want to do this., But I think I am done with this league. I have been playing at my friends house and I think the internet connection here sucks really bad. I mean, last season I was playing with a lower rated team and had a winning record. This season, I am playing with the best rated team in the game and can't seem to make any shots whatsoever. It's not because I don't want to play, I think the lag on this connection is screwing me up royally. Thank you to the Hawks for not beating me worse than you could have, you let the shot clock just drain down numerous times at the end of the game and I thank you for that. I just don't think that I can continue.

keep faith, hold on.

you are still in playoffs and we got 2 weeks to go.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Vicaca your ass is lucky i blocked two of your shots in the paint in the last two minutes. you would have been over the PIP limit and i would have ran with that game and not looked back

CB3 said:
Vicaca your ass is lucky i blocked two of your shots in the paint in the last two minutes. you would have been over the PIP limit and i would have ran with that game and not looked back
2yznbyo.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i was following your PIP online while i was playing. A lesser man (FMT) would have allowed you to score!

ecnal

daw840 said:

that sucks. strange because in our game it felt like we had a really good connection because most of my shot releases were nearly identical to the timing offline.

gg though.

gg kirby too lol. wow that was a nail biter, but josh smith hit the game winning JUMPER. :lol

and on a side note, i think i finally have mayo's release down for online games. 36 in the last two games shooting over 50% :D

charsace

daw840 said:
Where the hell do you live? The midwest?

daw840

charsace said:
Where the hell do you live? The midwest?

Yes. What about it?

It seems to connect and run just fine but the shot releases are constantly changing. I get used to the shot release lag midway through the first quarter then it seems to slow down just a little, then it speeds up just a little, then it slows down. It seems like this happens throughout the game.:lol

I probably won't quit, it's just frustrating.

Birdman02

DiddyBop said:
and why the fuck is joe alexander a beast on the offensive glass? that cot damn rookie almost cost me my game last night:lol

:lol

He's been playing out of his mind my last few games.....he's basically sent Troy Murphy to the bench. I sense a severe drop-off coming soon!!

Bob, DCX, I'll be home around 8 CT tonight and would like to get the games in ASAP, and I definitely can't start a game past 11 CT...

Smokey

ONE more game and I finally get Okafor back. I am 5-1 with out him in the lineup, but I really miss his defensive prescence/scoring ability down low. Amir Johnson is a nice little surprise though (thanks viadamenko!!).

damn, looking at the remaining schedule i probably will have to win 9 of my remaining 12 games just to make the playoffs....

fuuuuuuuuck.gif

When do you get Dirky back?

Mrbob

Suck it up, Pheenix. You are the one leaving for the rest of the week so if you have to play your games later tonight so be it! :D

When do you get Dirky back?

i THINK my final game of this week. he was scheduled to miss 9 games at the beginning of the week which is an odd number. either he's going to miss 4 or the full 5. i'll definitely have him back next week though.

thank god....

Mrbob

Pheeniks I can play between 5 and 7pm central tonight if you are home. If not, like I mentioned last night on AIM I can play you at 10PM central.

Mrbob

Since you already have 10 losses and still have to play me not very likely.

Besides, it is against the code for you to beat the Heat. You can't do it. You don't have wait it takes to strike down the team you know and love!

Mrbob said:
Since you already have 10 losses and still have to play me not very likely.

Besides, it is against the code for you to beat the Heat. You can't do it. You don't have wait it takes to strike down the team you know and love!

I murdered Cerrius with the Celtics, so yes I do.

In fact, since it is so fitting with my recent trade, I would like to:

guaransheed1024x768.jpg

My next 3 wins.

Top Bottom