• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Mrbob said:
No, I'm not gonna stand here and take his bullshit game anymore. Either he changes it or I'm going total cheese on everyone the rest of the year. I don't give a shit anymore. If we have guys who can do anything, I will as well.

How do I abuse the game? I mixed it up nicely with jumpshots, drives, etc. etc. and here you are bitching because you couldn't stop me.

Grow up. You knew I was going to bring it against you and now you're butthurt. Please.

LOLZ the bench didnt even shoot in the Heat game, that is BS

DCX

I had starters in basically all game, rotating in and out. So did MrBob. Maybe fatigue should be modified a bit? When Beasley was off the bench I'd run the offense through Steve Francis and Mike Miller and when they go out I go back to Beasley, etc. etc.

Heat bench only had Travis Diener with 3 pts btw, so don't try to pin that on me only.

DiddyBop

there is no reason to take that many shots with one player,no one is gonna think youre cool for scoring 150 pts with beasley:lol . at least try to make the game enjoyable for both players. not even taking one shot wit your bench? cmon.

there is no need for the game to be overturned but like,just play proper,having the guard one player basically the whole game is not fun. i see where bob is coming from but he is also overreacting a bit.

Mrbob said:
Doubles teams are broken in this game thats why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPS29BWHLlE&feature=channel_page

You know this, and you abuse the game.

No, I'm not gonna stand here and take his bullshit game anymore. Either he changes it or I'm going total cheese on everyone the rest of the year. I don't give a shit anymore. If we have guys who can do anything, I will as well.

LOL that youtube guy love/hates 2k9 with a passion

Mrbob

Hahaha, you do all those double end moves with beasley down low back in layup thats unblockable. You'll pump fake 3 or 4 times to try and get my guy in the air. If I don't jump up you'll nail a shot. If I do jump up, you fade into my guys into attempted jump shots causing a foul.. Your game is garbage. Worst player ever in these leagues. I've never seen anyone come close to pulling the crap you do.

The only thing you brought was a big block of cheese to the party.

i didn't feel cheesed with beasley from a "glitch/AI is stupid" standpoint even though he dropped 51 on me. rarely did i ever get a "bad" matchup with him (nene was always on him or bass was always on him).

also, the stamina issue was in the game the first few games of the season. remember our game CB? we had to tell smokey to adjust it after that. look at my box score from my first 2 or 3 games, i never had to do 1 sub cause my guys weren't getting tired. then people said it was because they boosted dirk and kidd's stamina rating but it was ALL my guys! didn't happen to me at all in my 2 games tonight but who knows

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
no i had a seperate issue. Where fatigue didnt drop at all. 100 the whole game.

Me and the other person made a couple situational subs throughout the game but our starters played mostly. Never had the problem after that game

i think 2k should patch the game so that if you assign someone to guard someone else then he simply sticks to that man WHEREVER he goes regardless of whether the man with the ball is being covered yet or not

oh i forgot to thank cerrius for giving me the ball back when i got one of those bullcrap "moonwalker" animations for a backcourt violation :lol

strikeselect

Mrbob said:
Hahaha, you do all those double end moves with beasley down low into the layup thats unblockable.

They're not unblockable.

You'll pump fake 3 or 4 times to try and get my guy in the air. If I don't jump up you'll nail a shot.

Well duh, if you don't contest I nail jumpshots. That's just how it is.

If I do jump up, you fade into my guys into attempted jump shots causing a foul.. Your game is garbage.

1. Stop Jumping! That's a bad habit.

2. I was only able to draw the pump fake foul on you 3 times in our game but nice try making it seem like that's ALL I do.

Worst player ever in these leagues. I've never seen anyone come close to pulling the crap you do.

The only thing you brought was a big block of cheese to the party.

33e678z.gif

charsace

Good lord Cavs are an easy option team. They block everything, throw every shot because of high defensive rating, and lebron gets an auto animation everytime he does something with ball.

GG Truelize.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
charsace said:
Good lord Cavs are an easy option team. They block everything, throw every shot because of high defensive rating, and lebron gets an auto animation everytime he does something with ball.

GG Truelize.

Our game was a blockfest in the first half. It was amazing. You didn't actually even see a lot of Bron's auto animations at all. Those are just his normal dunk and shot animations. He has a couple where I will just be dribbling and try to cross over for a quick pull up and he will do this huge spin dribble and then a James Worthy finger roll.

And FMT is right, Bron is a raging bull in real life.

Oh wait; I know which animation was stupid crazy. I threw down a "rock the craddle" dunk on two or three guys. Haha. Yeah that was cool.
But nothing was bigger that game then Vince doing the "honey dip" elbow dunk on Big Z and Swift. That was amazing.

Barrage

viakado said:
DCX let's go.
gg barrage

*sigh* Yeah gg.

It's clear i'm just not getting the timing difference between online and offline. Jumpers that are money just constantly brick on Live. I guess i'm gonna have to build my game from the ground up, just work on jumpers in scrims and not care about the score (What's gonna happen? I lose by 30? ain't no different from usual.)

Smokey

Barrage said:
*sigh* Yeah gg.

It's clear i'm just not getting the timing difference between online and offline. Jumpers that are money just constantly brick on Live. I guess i'm gonna have to build my game from the ground up, just work on jumpers in scrims and not care about the score (What's gonna happen? I lose by 30? ain't no different from usual.)

This game can be random at times.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
sup fellas... im back.. thanks Fmt/wells

two suck ass games tonight...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh i forgot to thank cerrius for giving me the ball back when i got one of those bullcrap "moonwalker" animations for a backcourt violation :lol

Smokey wasnt so generous... D will did the moonwalk and cost me the game.

EDIT: love this new tag...

Smokey

Malleymal said:
sup fellas... im back.. thanks Fmt/wells

two suck ass games tonight...

Smokey wasnt so generous... D will did the moonwalk and cost me the game.

EDIT: love this new tag...

Well it wasn't obvious to me if that was what happened or not. I was playing close defense on you because it was a close game. I was right up there towards half court w/ you, and I thought you were trying to make a move and your foot went backcourt.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I figured you didnt know it... i didnt care either way... it wasnt meant to be... I just need to learn how to defend that damn alley oop, I know EXACTLY when they are coming, but I can not stop them...

as for that manual D thing... we have to look into that ish sometime when switch to defend a guy if the guy catches the ball and starts his move and THEN i switch to the defender, after the lag is done usually that leaves the offensive guy about 3 feet away from me and gives them the open J or room to drive and get an easy shot...

PS: What up Via I need some more practice lets get it in tomorrow....

Good looks to whoever posted my availability while i was in purgatory.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
elbow dunk in game..wat

He almost got it twice on me. I blocked the second one. The elbow was sick but I forgot about the reverse windmill from the 2000 dunk contest. Vince's animation package is sick.

Or as Kenny would say. "It's so sick it's got the flu"
Then Magic would jump in with "the dunk contest is BACK. It's Back"

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you two gon fuck or what

I think we should institute a new rule. Over 30 shots with one player and its an automatic loss. We protect PiP abuse in this league. Might as well help protect player abuse as well.

Twolves had 57 shots total, 39 from beasley alone.

Mrbob said:
I think we should institute a new rule. Over 30 shots with one player and its an automatic loss. We protect PiP abuse in this league. Might as well help protect player abuse as well.

Twolves had 57 shots total, 39 from beasley alone.

Bob I hate to say it but I'm just going to be as blunt as possible, you gotta stop complaining. It has been proven that you can stop these beasley tricks. this is how he likes to play the game and as long as he's not driving in the paint every play i'm fine, i wouldn't want to take away his fun

yes it is bullshit that he takes 39 with beasley. you know what though? that's your advantage, as far as knowing how to defend his gameplan.

I'm not going to play in a league where we just keep adding rules and rules. It honestly gets really fucking annoying having to even have my gamecast on just so I can check some PIP rule when I know myself that I don't cheese. just play the game and make adjustments during the game instead of getting pissed about it

last night sheed exploded (in real life and in 2k!) and malley kept single covering him. funny thing is a shit load of my points came from fadeaways. was it realistic that he made almost all of them? definitely not. do you think a real life time would let him shoot that much? nope. but in this league you give the man you think will score and I can't blame cerrius for that, he's using the wolves ffs.

and by the way i can't play till sunday evening

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
Bob I hate to say it but I'm just going to be as blunt as possible, you gotta stop complaining. It has been proven that you can stop these beasley tricks. this is how he likes to play the game and as long as he's not driving in the paint every play i'm fine, i wouldn't want to take away his fun

yes it is bullshit that he takes 39 with beasley. you know what though? that's your advantage, as far as knowing how to defend his gameplan.

I'm not going to play in a league where we just keep adding rules and rules. It honestly gets really fucking annoying having to even have my gamecast on just so I can check some PIP rule when I know myself that I don't cheese. just play the game and make adjustments during the game instead of getting pissed about it

last night sheed exploded (in real life and in 2k!) and malley kept single covering him. funny thing is a shit load of my points came from fadeaways. was it realistic that he made almost all of them? definitely not. do you think a real life time would let him shoot that much? nope. but in this league you give the man you think will score and I can't blame cerrius for that, he's using the wolves ffs.

and by the way i can't play till sunday evening
I understand how he feels, i felt the same way. It's one thing ahving a gameplan, it's another when you borderline exploit. The thing he isnt cheating, by our rules but he is definately taking advantage. Listen i have Kome and if used the same way, he could average like 54 ppg, i don't..and to be honest, i dont know how. I just play the game of basketball....some of you play the game of NBA 2K9. Cheating? no. Cheap? Yes. It was frustrating having Wallace go MJ on his fadeaways against me, but in the end he shot the ball like 12-13 times. You could have scored like 45 with he just doing that.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
I understand how he feels, i felt the same way. It's one thing ahving a gameplan, it's another when you borderline exploit. The thing he isnt cheating, by our rules but he is definately taking advantage. Listen i have Kome and if used the same way, he could average like 54 ppg, i don't..and to be honest, i dont know how. I just play the game of basketball....some of you play the game of NBA 2K9. Cheating? no. Cheap? Yes. It was frustrating having Wallace go MJ on his fadeaways against me, but in the end he shot the ball like 12-13 times. You could have scored like 45 with he just doing that.

DCX

But this is a sim league. Kobe SHOULD be getting 54 ppg! If you aren't making that happen you are not playing in the spirit of this sim league!:lol

Mrbob

DCX said:

DCX

Exactly.

Junk players should be banned from the league. Period. You aren't even going to attempt to play the game like real basketball, go play random people online.

People get pissed off by all the rules in the Madden leagues, but the rules help keep people honest and play legit.

ok how do you double team someone? because i click LB and nothing happens most of the time. am i supposed to hold it down or just click it once? i tried both and absolutely no one comes over to double team!

Mrbob

It doesn't work.

Your opponent can just jump up and take a shot in your double team like no one is there. Double team is broken in the game don't use it.

Mrbob

So pheeniks, you say stop complaining, but here are the shooting percentages against teams this year in all 18 of my games.

Twolves - 49%
Blazers - 47%
Bucks - 46%
Bulls - 48%
Magic - 31%
Mavs - 41%
Suns - 48%
Hawks - 57%
Hornets - 37%
Pacers - 37%
Nuggets - 48%
Nets - 41%
Lakers - 49%
Spurs - 39%
Jazz - 38%
Pistons - 47%
Cavs - 45%
Twolves - 68%

One of these percentages is not like the others. I know Cerrius is your guy so you have to try and protect him, but the facts don't lie.

I really don't care if I win or lose in this game, but beat me legitimately. Don't play me like some random opponent online.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok how do you double team someone? because i click LB and nothing happens most of the time. am i supposed to hold it down or just click it once? i tried both and absolutely no one comes over to double team!
hold down LB.

diddy. you. me. let's dance tonight.

edit:
daw840 said:
But this is a sim league. Kobe SHOULD be getting 54 ppg! If you aren't making that happen you are not playing in the spirit of this sim league!:lol
:lol daw, never change man.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Best believe from now on if someone keeps feeding one player I am going to manually control the person that is playing defense on them and steal every inbound pass to them... that is just the breaks.. If I see someone is forcing the issue thats the only way to negate it..

daw840

Malleymal said:
Best believe from now on if someone keeps feeding one player I am going to manually control the person that is playing defense on them and steal every inbound pass to them... that is just the breaks.. If I see someone is forcing the issue thats the only way to negate it..

Personally, I don't see why attempting a steal on an inbounds pass while in your defensive half is against the rules anyway. I understand if it's in the backcourt, but I think it should be allowed in the frontcourt (?).

strikeselect

FrenchMovieTheme said:

hold it down and eventually one of your teammates will come and double team your man.
I did this everytime Wade touched the ball in my game against MrBob and I can tell that made him real uncomfortable.

One of these percentages is not like the others. I know Cerrius is your guy so you have to try and protect him, but the facts don't lie.

I really don't care if I win or lose in this game, but beat me legitimately. Don't play me like some random opponent online.

So shooting a good percentage is cheese now? You played terrible defense. I was getting everything I want.
You got beat Bobby, deal with it.

Mrbob

Cerrius said:
hold it down and eventually one of your teammates will come and double team your man.
I did this everytime Wade touched the ball in my game against MrBob and I can tell that made him real uncomfortable.

:lol

You doing this left my players on the outside open. I wasn't gonna cheese you but the next time you do this I'm just going to shoot with wade since a double team does nothing.

Bulls, Pacers, Suns, any of you going to be able to play this afternoon (before 4:30 Eastern)? If not, I should be able to get a game in later tonight (after 10 Eastern).

well my guys must suck because they never get over on a person. i hold it down and absolutely nothing happens!

strikeselect

Mrbob said:
:lol

You doing this left my players on the outside open. I wasn't gonna cheese you but the next time you do this I'm just going to shoot with wade since a double team does nothing.

Do it. I'll live with those.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well my guys must suck because they never get over on a person. i hold it down and absolutely nothing happens!

Run halfcourt trap and your players will come over to help you with the double team much more often.

I gave up on pressing LB, my players are fucking retarded and it doesn't work. Honestly I manually double team

and wtf bob cerrius is not "my guy" we are just both heat fans, but I speak for myself and others, because yes I admit he does not attempt to play real basketball but in the end its still a video game where the most abnormal shit will happen. and i stand by what i said, he is stoppable. cerrius is by for the most predictable player for me. if you think he exploits beascheese then i wouldn't object to you playing off ball defense solely on beasley, to attempt to pick passes off

my god our division is so fucking dramatic, ecnal STEALS a win from me and won't trade me any of his players, you and cerrius have this, you have the team me and cerrius wanted, somehow beasley lands back in the division and oj mayo ends up on the hawks. great planning smokey :lol

Smokey

ph33nix said:
my god our division is so fucking dramatic, ecnal STEALS a win from me and won't trade me any of his players, you and cerrius have this, you have the team me and cerrius wanted, somehow beasley lands back in the division and oj mayo ends up on the hawks. great planning smokey :lol

I figured that would be a funny division with all these story lines. That's why I put FMT and Truelize in the same division too. Trying to get a feel for the rivalries and make them even better.

btw, pacers/hornets we will have to play after the Rockets/Cavs game tonight. I'm going to the game tonight and probably won't be back until 10ish central. Pretty excited about getting to see the freak of nature Bron Bron in person.

Top Bottom