• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

so, i finally bought a samsung 72" plasma DLP. blu-ray is sex on it. i wanna experience the full glory of the blood, sweat and tears 2k designed this for.
who's up for a scrim?

Barrage

Never has cowardice been displayed so openly.

From the start, Viakanado feared Calderon's butter-like J. In one of the most disgusting displays I have ever witnessed, Viadako flopped (a practice I, as a San Antonio Spur, knew nothing about). 2 fouls later, and the Spanish Crossbow was benched-to Vindakado's delight.

He snickered as he buried threes like a child murderer does his infant victim. I was out-of-sorts. With only Turkoglu, Duncan, JJ, and Bonner, what token resistance could I offer? So I watched Vikadiko soared over the PIP Maximum of 30 on his way to a commanding lead.

As we all know, Calderon's game is like an M. Night Shymalan movie-the best part is always the first half, before it goes to shit. So with him missing his warm-up period, Calderon was not his usual self.

Until the fourth quarter.

That's when Jose came alive! Shot after shot approached the basket, some almost going in. THe spanish son of Wilt Chamberlain was simply unstoppable.

The score? Who knows. Maybe it was a tie. Maybe it went to Overtime. Maybe i lost by 45. That's not important.

What's important is that a statement was made. I now officially announce Calderon is running for the League Scoring championship.

Make your time, dogs. Make your time.

Smokey

Dm + Konex..magic owner has said he's been sending you all messages but u have not been responding.

he is on now and says he can play tonight, and maybe tomorrow.

DMczaf

Smokey said:
Dm + Konex..magic owner has said he's been sending you all messages but u have not been responding

he is on now and says he can play tonight, and maybe tomorrow.

I think he sent me a message in the middle of my game vs AirBrian and I forgot to reply afterwards because i turned my system off

I'm heading on now

DMczaf

Of course I press the wrong passing icon button on the final play, so instead of running a give and go with Nash for the win, I run a give and THROW THE BALL 30 FEET AWAY TO KAPONO!

DMczaf said:
Of course I press the wrong passing icon button on the final play, so instead of running a give and go with Nash for the win, I run a give and THROW THE BALL 30 FEET AWAY TO KAPONO!

Yea, that last play was odd. I was like "what the hell is he doing". Sucks that it ended that way. I was so nervous.

week 5 opponenets vs detroit.

Memphis Grizzlies
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@ Minnesota T'Wolves
@ Charlotte Bobcats
@ Boston Celtics

i think i can squeeze in a game after we advance tonight. let me know.

daw840

viakado said:
week 5 opponenets vs detroit.

Memphis Grizzlies
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@ Minnesota T'Wolves
@ Charlotte Bobcats
@ Boston Celtics

i think i can squeeze in a game after we advance tonight. let me know.

It all depends on what time we advance.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
daw840 said:
Malley or Cloudy. I should have some free time this evening to get our games in. Sorry about the weekend, I was incredibly busy all weekend.

I can play up to 630 est... 24 starts at 8 tonight

daw840

Malleymal said:
I can play up to 630 est... 24 starts at 8 tonight

Hmm, I will try to get there by then. I get off work shortly and have to go to my friends house to play. I will post when I am there.

daw840

viakado said:
you're on mountain time right?
what the latest for you?
i can't play past 11pm mountain.

I am in CST, plus my friend usually goes to bed pretty early so I will have to see when he goes to bed.

daw840

daw840 said:
Hmm, I will try to get there by then. I get off work shortly and have to go to my friends house to play. I will post when I am there.

I am here now and can play as soon as my GT finishes downloading. Are you available Malley?

daw840

Cloudy said:
IMO, we need to tone down 3pt shooting next season. This is ridiculous lol

LOL. That was a crazy game man. You KILLED me on the 3 pt shots. That was a lot of fun though, even though I lost as usual. I actually felt like I feel this team clicking for me.

Birdman02

Cloudy said:
IMO, we need to tone down 3pt shooting next season. This is ridiculous lol

The best 3 pt shooting team in our league shoots 36%....that would be good for about 20t in real life.

CJ, I'm heading online now if you want to start our game a few minutes early.

Birdman02 said:
The best 3 pt shooting team in our league shoots 36%....that would be good for about 20t in real life.
holy shit. that's me. im the best 3pt shooting team in the league. eat it gaf.
when do we advance? i want to show daw why the pistons are the best shooting team in the league.
beware of rip bibby. beware!

daw840

viakado said:
holy shit. that's me. im the best 3pt shooting team in the league. eat it gaf.
when do we advance? i want to show daw why the pistons are the best shooting team in the league.
beware of rip bibby. beware!

Why me? I suck with this team. At this point I am just playing to finish, hopefully win a couple. C'mon man....don't kick me while I am down!

daw840 said:
Why me? I suck with this team. At this point I am just playing to finish, hopefully win a couple. C'mon man....don't kick me while I am down!
it'll be revenge night. one of your 6 wins came at the expense of the spurs in week 1. remember that?...remember!?!?

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol ive already been down that road conex. i was told to shove it up my asshole!

then i got carrol and agreed! viva 3 point shooters!!

i still don't see how anyone can legitimately argue for lowering 3pt shots.

our 3pt percentages are drastically lower than NBA team's 3pt percentages: lowest 3pt shooting team in the nba still shoots 32%, as opposed to our league where there are 11 teams shooting under 32% and 8 teams shooting in the 20 percentile range.

as for your best 3pt shooter, he is only shooting 39% from 3, compared to the NBA's best 3pt shooter who shoots almost 50%.

there are 43 players in the NBA who shoot over 40% from 3, our league only has 27 players shooting over 40%, and many of those 27 players only have 1-20 attempts compared to the NBA list in which only one of the 43 players has under 100 attempts.

3pt shooting, if anything, is a little bit low compared to real life 3pt percentages (team and individual statistics).

Cloudy

Banned

It's still too easy IMO. I don't care what the stats say. 3 pointers made is a better indicator since we probably take a lot more than most NBA teams..

Top Bottom