• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey guys I'm not available to play until Wednesday or Thursday night. Probably Thursday night. I'll either be way too tired from work and just chilling playing some single player or just burnt out and getting some sleep.

ecnal

can you wait a little bit fmt? something came up.

maybe like 15-20 minutes?

otherwise we can play tomorrow.

yeah i can wait 15 or so, let me know

p.s. i would feel the same way. either carroll is hot and unstoppable, or he can't hit dick. my luck he was hitting against you. mcgirk sealed the deal!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah i can wait 15 or so, let me know

p.s. i would feel the same way. either carroll is hot and unstoppable, or he can't hit dick. my luck he was hitting against you. mcgirk sealed the deal!

Barea was dicking the hell out of my at one point yesterday. he ran up and drilled a damn near 30 footer in transition with 2 guys in his face. next posession he did almost the same thing

Shoulda kept him!

ecnal

gg fmt.

there you go people; a playbook for how to demolish fmt's team of 3 pt shooters.

demolish wally/carrol all game long. :lol

lol after about halftime i was literally just giving the ball to dirk and trying to drive in.... and i still had less points in the paint than you did!

i was going to lose regardless but this was basically every trip down in the first half:

oj mayo gets the ball. then:

a) iso motion with the warping animations, drive to the hole for a dunk or layup which cannot be contested

b) iso motion with warping animations, shoot a contested shot. swish

c) post up, fade away swish contested of course

or

josh smith gets the ball:

a) lebron style raging bull

b) pull up J, missed early, then go back to A

i took 10 3's, a season low. not to take away from your D (it was good) but i wouldn't call that shutting down, there was just no way i was going to win that game. i couldn't play defense and even if i could you'd just drive to the hole for the auto-dunk with either mayo or smith. meh!

ecnal

good observations.

i kept iso'ing mayo in hopes that you'd play some kind of zone or do something, but you chose to leave carrol/wally on an island guarding mayo... and, well, we saw how that turned out. i was going to throw up 30-40 shots with j-smoove, but once i realized you were going to let mayo go 1-on-1 all game with wally/carrol i changed the gameplan to 30-40 shots for mayo :lol

the paint was basically wide open the entire game... you could have pulled dirk/nene off of oberto/smith (who were literally standing beyond the arc) and helped out, but you didn't.

gg :D

p.s. ginobili had a really quiet, but spectacular game. 25 points on 13 attempts, not bad.

kidd was on mayo whenever he was in.

it didn't matter though, it didn't matter if mayo had 52 or 5 i was going to lose. i dont play this game enough to know the post auto-animations or a lot of the other nuances it takes to beat better players. i see people in the post doing all these moves and activating these animations that can't be blocked.... and when i'm in the post i just back down and do a normal hook or something which seems to be blocked easily or miss all the time :/ all i can usually hope for is to catch a hot streak with dirk or one of my 3 point shooters, then hope for a couple misses on the other side! (i'm the worst D in the league and the #'s dont lie brothers!)

it was a gg for about half a quarter, but i already knew it was coming :(

you could have pulled dirk/nene off of oberto/smith (who were literally standing beyond the arc) and helped out, but you didn't.

:lol

why, so mayo and the gang could have morphed through them for an easy dunk?

ecnal

i'm not gonna lie, when mayo did the windmill dunk over nene, i lol'd.

mayo only has like an 80 something dunk, but it appeared like he had a 99 dunk in our game.

look on the bright side: j-smoove didn't drop multiple windmill and between the leg dunks, nor did he set his career high vs you! :lol

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
kidd was on mayo whenever he was in.

it didn't matter though, it didn't matter if mayo had 52 or 5 i was going to lose. i dont play this game enough to know the post auto-animations or a lot of the other nuances it takes to beat better players. i see people in the post doing all these moves and activating these animations that can't be blocked.... and when i'm in the post i just back down and do a normal hook or something which seems to be blocked easily or miss all the time :/ all i can usually hope for is to catch a hot streak with dirk or one of my 3 point shooters, then hope for a couple misses on the other side! (i'm the worst D in the league and the #'s dont lie brothers!)

You and me both, brother. Now that I have MLB 09, this is why I'm counting down the games till this league is over with. It really isn't any fun getting beat the same way game after game with crazy animations down low that lead to easy shots. I really don't want to make the playoffs at this point so I can just be done with it. :lol 9 more games is 9 more hours of playtime I could put into mlb 09 instead, and if I make the post season that is at least four more games. :/

CB3

Mrbob said:
You and me both, brother. Now that I have MLB 09, this is why I'm counting down the games till this league is over with. It really isn't any fun getting beat the same way game after game with crazy animations down low that lead to easy shots. I really don't want to make the playoffs at this point so I can just be done with it. :lol 9 more games is 9 more hours of playtime I could put into mlb 09 instead, and if I make the post season that is at least four more games. :/

Im shocked.

Im surprised you havent decided to just play the people in your division yet and ignore your other games

Mrbob

What is so surprising....there is a huge difference in play style between both seasons. First season people were actually trying to be a little sim like. This season it is basically anything goes do whatever it takes to win games as long as you don't go over the pip limit it doesn't matter.

First season it was about playing bball....this season is about playing nba2k9.

CB3

Mrbob said:
What is so surprising....there is a huge difference in play style between both seasons. First season people were actually trying to be a little sim like. This season it is basically anything goes do whatever it takes to win games as long as you don't go over the pip limit it doesn't matter.

i actually agree with you there.

just that your post reminded me of

I also don't know if I believe in finishing my NFC games. The guy right behind me in the playoff chase just quit, and I highly doubt I'll catch DM for the division so I'm stuck in wild card hell. I also don't want to get out of the 6 spot so I end up playing the Rams instead of someone good, so what is my motivation to finish out these last 6 games when I'm going to make sure I end up in the six hole anyway! Lets start the NFC playoffs now!

this was after you declared that you didnt want to put in individual stats either :lol

I was THIS close to kicking your ass out on the spot :lol

Mrbob

That was a different situation! No one was playing their games anymore, I had the sixth seed locked up. There was no reason to finish out those games since I couldn't move up or down!

DCX

DCX
Lakers can play games tonight after LOST. First come first serve. Daw, i can after 3:30pm est if thats the only time frame you can roll.

DCX

ph33nix said:
can we start picking teams, i just need to see how badly i need to tank, fuck this team i've got :lol
how do you suppose we do that? unless we have some kind of lolinger type statistical break down of playoff brackets.

btw,
Smokey, Daw, or True. let's dance tonight.

daw840

viakado said:
how do you suppose we do that? unless we have some kind of lolinger type statistical break down of playoff brackets.

btw,
Smokey, Daw, or True. let's dance tonight.

I should be around later tonight. I will post when I am.

Smokey

I need to play you diddy, and viamadenko tonight.

I want Wallace's nuts all in ur face on your new 73'' plasma dlp.

you're going to respond with "yeah my g/f said the same thing about my nuts last night". well madenko, i've already taken this comeback away from you so just face the music

Mrbob said:

You sir are correct. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3 and can't play kickass baseball games like the show and have to be stuck with shitty 2k9 baseketballinstead :(

daw840

ph33nix said:
You sir are correct. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3 and can't play kickass baseball games like the show and have to be stuck with shitty 2k9 baseketballinstead :(

You have got to change that avatar man.....it creeps me the fuck out.

daw840 said:
You have got to change that avatar man.....it creeps me the fuck out.
nope. he's stuck with it til the nba playoffs starts.
And bob, nekid kobe is calling you too.

edit:
2uyt4xf.jpg

Hey guys, I've been out of commission yesterday and today because I basically have vertigo, meaning that I've had to stay either in bed or on the couch. I should be feeling better tomorrow and will be able to get some games in tomorrow evening.

Birdman02

Bulls
Suns
Hawks
Nuggets
Mavericks

I'll be looking to get a game or 2 in when I get home from work in about an hour or so....any of you guys gonna be around?

DCX

DCX
Smokey
Trulize
Cerrius
Magic
Daw

I can play after LOST tonight, who will be around that time period? I can play two to three games tonight.

DCX

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
DCX said:
Smokey
Trulize
Cerrius
Magic
Daw

I can play after LOST tonight, who will be around that time period? I can play two to three games tonight.

DCX

I'll be around after the Heat/Suns game

daw840

@ New Jersey Nets
Miami Heat
San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons

I am here. Any of these teams around?

Also, why does my game against Malley show a loss but the score is 0-0?

edit: Alright Vik, I am on and going to the lobby. Hurry your ass up. It's your time to win.

daw840 said:
@ New Jersey Nets
Miami Heat
San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons

I am here. Any of these teams around?

Also, why does my game against Malley show a loss but the score is 0-0?

edit: Alright Vik, I am on and going to the lobby. Hurry your ass up. It's your time to win.
loggin on now.

Okay I have a question.

Is anyone in this league planning on taking the Heat next season? Or can I have them regardless of where I draft?

CB3

ph33nix said:
Okay I have a question.

Is anyone in this league planning on taking the Heat next season? Or can I have them regardless of where I draft?
if you tank im gonna stick you with the bucks.

Top Bottom