• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

holy crap i had one of the best shooting performances of my videogame life with mcgirk. 20/23, 42 points. i think i was 16/16 at one point. i felt bad for HEY LOW 2 because there was really no skill involved in getting the shots to go in. i didn't have to fight through the D or have good post moves, i was just spotting up and shooting and mcgirk was taking care of business.

anyhow, 2 wins in a row and i'm up 2-1 in the series. either one of us could easily be down 3-0 though, close games!

DMczaf

(7:33:42 PM) mrbob2k1: about to tank my final 2 playoff games in nba
(7:33:44 PM) mrbob2k1: then I"M DONE

It's no longer MrQuit, its now MrTank!

Mrbob

Good series kirby!

I had a shot in each of the games after the first one...but I couldn't close the deal in the end. So close...yet so far!

I'll be focusing on mlb now so I'm done with nba, but maybe i'll see you guys in nba2k10.

Wait...no!

Live 10 berieve!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Good series kirby!

I had a shot in each of the games after the first one...but I couldn't close the deal in the end. So close...yet so far!

I'll be focusing on mlb now so I'm done with nba, but maybe i'll see you guys in nba2k10.

Wait...no!

Live 10 berieve!

(7:33:42 PM) mrbob2k1: about to tank my final 2 playoff games in nba
(7:33:44 PM) mrbob2k1: then I"M DONE

i have a feeling my series against the magic is going to go 7 games. a fun series so far.... up and down, fast paced game.

tony parker is fucking ridiculous. i know it's evened out with mcgirk hitting everything, but at one point tony parker went 1 on 3 into the paint and flicked in a layup. this was against dirk, nene, and kidd.... comes on man. then he does all these crazy fucking reverse layups and shit and they always go in!

in addition, once dwight howard gets the ball ANYWHERE near the rim he's is throwing it down. you have 2 options, either you give him the uncontested dunk or he gets the and-1. he's a fucking beast. i wish i could complain but ive seen him do the samething in real life.

for all the complaining about the game (rightfully so in most cases) a lot of the "superstar" players perform as they do in real life. part of the issue with the game is that sometimes nobodies perform like the superstars as well.... <333333 carroll!

Smokey

this is a shot in the dark, but malley are you around to play?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have a feeling my series against the magic is going to go 7 games. a fun series so far.... up and down, fast paced game.

tony parker is fucking ridiculous. i know it's evened out with mcgirk hitting everything, but at one point tony parker went 1 on 3 into the paint and flicked in a layup. this was against dirk, nene, and kidd.... comes on man. then he does all these crazy fucking reverse layups and shit and they always go in!

in addition, once dwight howard gets the ball ANYWHERE near the rim he's is throwing it down. you have 2 options, either you give him the uncontested dunk or he gets the and-1. he's a fucking beast. i wish i could complain but ive seen him do the samething in real life.

for all the complaining about the game (rightfully so in most cases) a lot of the "superstar" players perform as they do in real life. part of the issue with the game is that sometimes nobodies perform like the superstars as well.... <333333 carroll!

seems like yesterday you were bitching about having a shitty year and not being in the playoffs!

we also have our first playoff victory. congrats to kirby on his defeat of ricky bobby. and bob thank you for a joyous and eventual season my friend. you will be missed.

well i thought after starting 0-5 i was done for.

magic tied up the series in the last game. i swear if i could get any TYPE of production in this series from anyone but mcgirk it would be a giant help. as it is now dirk is shooting like 70-80% in games, and the rest of my guys are in the 20's and 30's. i don't know wtf 2k did to jerry stackhouse from last year but i have had a really bad year for some reason with him. even carroll has gone cold of late.

guess i'll have to ride mcgirk till the wheels fall off. oh, and the devean george injury early in game 1 has really hurt my defense. he is a great perimeter defender and has good length, plus he can knock down some long range shots from time to time. now my rotation is fucked at SF. oh well :(

Birdman02

Well, I had a nice little surprise waiting for me when I started my series against True last night. Roy Hibbert's out 16 games with a lower back strain.....it happened in one of my simmed games, and I didn't notice before we advanced (and now I guess there's no way to heal him). Luckily, Jeff Foster stepped in and was a rebounding machine...15 rebounds, 8 offensive. He also hit a late FT to make it a 3 pt game with less than 10 seconds left.

I'm sure I'll miss Hibbert's size and shot-blocking as the series goes on, but Foster stepped up BIG in game 1.

GG, True. You missed a few wide-open shots on fast breaks, so I feel pretty lucky to have taken game 1. Should be a really good series.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah that was a pretty good game. I had a great time. It was a heart breaker for me, I went cold there for a bit and it was really hard to fight back. Foster won that game for you though. Big Z didn't even attempt to get that last rebound. That was the game right there. Looking forward to the rest of the series

Smokey

I healed both of the players that were injured. If an injury happens let me know and I will heal them.

Injuries are ok for the regular season because they have a chance to come back, but not in playoffs.

I think Hibbert and another player was hurt (on Mavs), but they are ok now.

smokey when does the league advance? i'm worried because i won't be around tomorrow and i have to help my aunt move on saturday. that leaves sunday to play but i dont know what hey low's schedule is looking like either. plus our series is going at least 6 games, probably 7 games!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey when does the league advance? i'm worried because i won't be around tomorrow and i have to help my aunt move on saturday. that leaves sunday to play but i dont know what hey low's schedule is looking like either. plus our series is going at least 6 games, probably 7 games!

well whenever the series first round finished, which usually doesn't take too long. But if you want a day we can set it at Tuesday.

Smokey

did steve francis get player of the game in game#6 of pistons/wolves?

wat

cavs/pacers
mavs/magic
nets/lakers

cmon we're waiting on you slackers

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've been working too much lately. No time for games lately.

I am available on Saturday anytime before 5 est. Hopefully you are around Birdman.

does anyone know how else i can get ahold of HEY LOW 2? he was on early this morning and responded to my message from thursday, but then he hasn't been back on today yet. doesn't he have AIM or something where i can get a concrete time?

Top Bottom