• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

charsace

I'm done with this game after I'm eliminated from the playoffs. Win or lose it never felt like I did anything that mattered in the outcome of the games. Next year's game would have to do a complete 180 for me to get it. I don't see how live 09 could have ever been worse than this game to use for a league.

Can't wait for monday to come. Trading this in towards reserving Dragon Age. 2k has lost a my money unless they do something because this game is rubbish.

DCX

DCX
Cerrius said:
I would trash talk, but it's not really my style. GGs Chars, til next year if you are playing...VC and Devin need to pick up their tickets at will call btw. :D

DCX

well i had a pretty good series with hey low 2. i lost in game 7, but that's not surprising. he is the better player!

i can't wait until next season when i can get a new team. i love dirk but beyond that i just have a bunch of oldies. i also hate the fact that if you have a PG with a slow release you are basically fucked on drive and pop type shots. tony parker can cross me over and get a shot off with not much space needed, but kidds release is so damn slow people see it coming from a mile away.

also, beyond dirk i hit a big time cold streak with my shooters. when carroll is on he's ridiculous, but if he's not on there is nothing you can do to get his game going. he misses point blank layups and is only good off screens. the only other player aside from mcgirk who could create his own shot is stackhouse, but not much. i couldn't hit dick from him down the stretch but his driving ability was the best on my team.

anyhow, i was lucky to even make the playoffs. next season im going to pick a younger team with a fast PG! like goldenstate or something!

charsace

DCX said:
I would trash talk, but it's not really my style. GGs Chars, til next year if you are playing...VC and Devin need to pick up their tickets at will call btw. :D

DCX
Virtual VC and Harris no longer exist. I shattered their world (literally).

DiddyBop

i think the reason all this whining and bitching is going on this season is because we've spent enough time with the game now and know its ins and outs. we've finally come to terms that *gasp* its a videogame and not real life nba basketball. yes some things are broken in the game and sports games are so hard to recreate because sports are soo dynamic, its hard to capture that in a videogame.

and FMT, i will kill you if you dare touch GS:D

Smokey

Good effort by you FMT.

And chars I feel ya. Although I wouldn't of snapped the game in half:lol but I understand why.

Only series left is Cavs/Pacers!!! Come on!!

Round 2:

Bobcats
Cavs/Pacers

Wolves
Magic

---

Blazers
Suns

Lakers
Hawks

charsace

Think I will go buy another copy of 2k after work on monday. Having the chance of getting a good defensive team is too enticing to pass up.

charsace said:
Think I will go buy another copy of 2k after work on monday. Having the chance of getting a good defensive team is too enticing to pass up.
:lol :lol
you've got issues. and i mean that in the nicest way possible.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman I will be available to play after 5:30 est tomorrow and Monday evening. Please send me a message here so we can sort out a time.

charsace

Another problem with this game is how quick the defense recovers when someone penetrates. It's probably caused by the court being too small, but it is still annoying to have open 3pt shooters only to have the defender get to your man before the ball.

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
Another problem with this game is how quick the defense recovers when someone penetrates. It's probably caused by the court being too small, but it is still annoying to have open 3pt shooters only to have the defender get to your man before the ball.
you had good looks...just contested...hell there was one shot your man hit a three with bynum and kobe in his grillz! I was like wtf...it differs. Kobe hits shot he has no buiness hitting, but thats why he's rated 100 :)

DCX

Birdman02

Truelize said:
I am here and I can play.

Sorry, True, this weekend has been as bad for me as the work week was for you. My inlaws are on the way over now, and the earliest I'll be able to play tonight, if at all, will probably be sometime around 10-11 est. I should be good to go tomorrow night around 9:30 for 2-3 games.

I'll post a little later if it looks like I'll be able to play tonight.

charsace

DCX said:
you had good looks...just contested...hell there was one shot your man hit a three with bynum and kobe in his grillz! I was like wtf...it differs. Kobe hits shot he has no buiness hitting, but thats why he's rated 100 :)

DCX
I think is actual rating is 101. The problem I have is when you draw guys deep into the lane then kick it out and the defender takes 1 step and is in your face. When this happens its not hard to see that the court is too small. Also when you drive into the paint the guys clog it easily because it is too small.

i agree with that, i think they need to improve the spacing even more than they've done this year. it has gotten better over the years, but there is room for improvement. about the ONLY thing i like in NBA live is the size of the court seems to be better.

but if you have actually played NBA live you will realize that even though the court is "larger", the closing out on people is similar to NBA 2kx.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
Sorry, True, this weekend has been as bad for me as the work week was for you. My inlaws are on the way over now, and the earliest I'll be able to play tonight, if at all, will probably be sometime around 10-11 est. I should be good to go tomorrow night around 9:30 for 2-3 games.

I'll post a little later if it looks like I'll be able to play tonight.

If you can play a game tonight after they leave I will be around. I'm mountain time so if you have the energy to play at 11 or even 12 est then I can play.
Let me know.

I am understanding about being busy, it's the rest of the group that is aching to get moving along. :D

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't want the warriors anyways! i'll be taking the rockets.... or celtics!

wtf

i get the rockets and i called them earlier.

you and madenko need to stop being band wagoners and gtfo!

Smokey said:
wtf

i get the rockets and i called them earlier.

you and madenko need to stop being band wagoners and gtfo!
21o291c.gif

you know who im picking now.

any idea on how we're going to pick teams? (draft style or otherwise?) i want to get some practice in with my potential new team!

also, if it's possible, can blackace have the blazers? he's definitely interested in playing this season and asked for them a while ago.

i have no interest in miami my friend! infact i was a lobbyist who said you should HAVE miami this past season after cerrius had it in season 1, but mrbob decided to be a doucher and take them from you!

don't matter to me if there's a draft or if we just "talk it out" to get our teams, but i need a lot of practice since i won't be using the mavs. need to get the teams shot releases down!

Smokey

charsace said:
I thought there was a draft? How do you know I don't want TWac?

fuck no..won't be a draft as long as I have a say in the league. Too much of a clusterfuck hell we have enough problems as it is w/ regular teams sometimes...

and i'm a fan of the rox the rest of you posers are not. i picked bobcats to only prove a point , but i'm goin' back to tracy lamar after this season...

that is..if we ever finish because true and birdman seem to want to take their sweet time making 2k love:lol

Top Bottom