• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

This Romanian girl scored lower than the Chinese girl? WTF is that shit :lol

Even with the start value difference the Romanian did much much better

Atlagev

So, everyone knows that the NBC coverage is taped. However, is the announcing taped afterwords, too? Or do they call it live and then air it as it was called?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
woodchuck said:
some of us are watching because we know who wins <3 shawn and nastia

Bolt's 200 m race is tomorrow morning. i'm going to try to stay spoiler free so i can watch in prime time
Bolt just being in the race means it's spoiled for you.

Edit - :(

Ceres

Banned
Hootie said:
This Romanian girl scored lower than the Chinese girl? WTF is that shit :lol

Yeah, seems Chung Fei should have lost at least another .1 in execution or the Romanian girl should have had another .1 added to hers. But her starting value was still high enough to put her on top in that case I believe.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
That roundhouse kick by the British guy was ridiculously quick.

Roundhouse kick is where you stand with the kicking foot in back, twist your hips, raise the kicking foot and extend. Very, very fast kick and the most commonly used weapon to score points. When I was on the taekwondo team, we would do roundhouse kick drills all day. Seeing how fast these guys are is amazing, but the Koreans haven't competed yet :D

Hootie

Pavlova looks like she has a nice ass, though it may be the outfits they are wearing that make it look that way.

Either way *fap fap fap*

liquid_gears said:
Yeah, it's delayed. It was on about 10 hours ago. :lol
Shit, I keep forgetting about that, no wonder why the page is updated. I was like "holy crap someone must be editing Wikipedia while watching TV" :lol

Atlagev

You know, Shawn Johnson is just adorable. She's got an air about her that I don't think I've seen since Dominique Moceanu.

Nastia, on the other hand, comes off to me like that girl who wouldn't give you the time of day in high school, and the kind of girl who rolls her eyes when you try to talk to her and she's on her cellphone.

Her creepy Russian dad kinda freaks me out, too...

I'm not saying they *are* that way, but, especially in women's gymnastics, image is big.

giga

Atlagev said:
You know, Shawn Johnson is just adorable. She's got an air about her that I don't think I've seen since Dominique Moceanu.

Nastia, on the other hand, comes off to me like that girl who wouldn't give you the time of day in high school, and the kind of girl who rolls her eyes when you try to talk to her and she's on her cellphone.

It's her smile. Melts any heart :(

Atlagev said:

She's the kind of girl that knows this is very likely going to be her only Olympics so she's going to be very focused.

Ceres

Banned
NetMapel said:
To be honest I thought Nastia should have won this beam event :p She seems much smoother than Shawn.

She was given the better execution score. Shawn just had the better starting value and that's almost where it matters more now.

Atlagev said:

I'm not saying they *are* that way, but, especially in women's gymnastics, image is big.

Nastia is pretty much exactly the stereotypical Russian gymnast. Graceful and looks like a snob. I honestly don't care. I always loved the gymnastics that came out of Russia, Romania, & Ukraine over the the US's. A shame all their programs have kind of fallen flat.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Atlagev said:

Agree 100%. Her dad scares me.

MIMIC

Banned
Atlagev said:

Main Entry: hap·py
Pronunciation: \&#712;ha-p&#275;\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): hap·pi·er; hap·pi·est
Etymology: Middle English, from hap
Date: 14th century
1: Shawn Johnson

And yeah, I totally get that same vibe from Nastia :lol

DMczaf

Atlagev said:

176b48375df7ed3e5a15a24403a5edb9-getty-81973210mc004_olympics_day_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom