• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

DMczaf said:
176b48375df7ed3e5a15a24403a5edb9-getty-81973210mc004_olympics_day_.jpg

DAY-UM

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I really feel bad for Nastia. She just seems like she's under a lot of pressure from her family to win gold medals. Every time she lost gold, she just looks totally unhappy.

Hootie

NetMapel said:
I really feel bad for Nastia. She just seems like she's under a lot of pressure from her family to win gold medals. Every time she lost gold, she just looks totally unhappy.

Give me 1 hour
who am I kidding, maybe 5 minutes lol
with her and I'll make her the happiest girl in the world.

amirite

That japanese gymnast looks like she's about 12.

Not saying the chinese weren't cheating, but goes to show how ridiculous the NBC commentators were about asking viewers to make judgments on age based on how the gymnasts look.

So, earlier national news here just ran a piece on how the american jornalists are calling the U.S track and field people a failure. Reporter said "out of the 23 events so far, the american powerhouse only won 3. In the medal table they are behind russia, who has 4 golds".

Is this just another jelous-i-hope-they-fail reporting by the brazilian media or there's any truth? we all know they are choking, but what does NBC say about it? i bet they haven't said a word, and only foreign media is tearing them apart...

How is it like, any criticism?

Blader

seattle6418 said:
So, earlier national news here just ran a piece on how the american jornalists are calling the U.S track and field people a failure. Reporter said "out of the 23 events so far, the american powerhouse only won 3. In the medal table they are behind russia, who has 4 golds".

Is this just another jelous-i-hope-they-fail reporting by the brazilian media or there's any truth? we all know they are choking, but what does NBC say about it? i bet they haven't said a word, and only foreign media is tearing them apart...

It's been pretty disastrous, especially given the team's potential.

Ripclawe

Banned
seattle6418 said:

There is criticism but not outright you sucked articles yet in the media but its lurking ready to pop out.

Blader

SolidSnakex said:
She's extremely injury prone. Given that and the others gymnasts that are coming up through the ranks, it's unlikely that she'll be back in 2012.

Oh. That sucks.

I just turned on NBC, and maybe it's the couch, but Shawn Johnson looks tall for being 4 foot 9.

Edit - Costas read my mind :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
seattle6418 said:

How is this possible? The Men alone in whole even went 1,2, and 3 in the 400M hurdles if I'm correct. They are choking some, but not like you are making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom