• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

xero273

Ceres said:
Women's platform I assume? She was doing awesome in the qualifiers yesterday though I honestly expected a 1/2 for China in that.

Chen needs to get a 90 or higher to get gold, but it's going to be close

Blader

mYm|17| said:
What's up with the USA today....................geeeez

Not just today, but all week. The US track team has failed in just about every possible way. To my mind, the only hope left is that Bernard Lagat is in the 5000m finals.

mYm|17|

Blader5489 said:
Not just today, but all week. The US track team has failed in just about every possible way. To my mind, the only hope left is that Bernard Lagat is in the 5000m finals.

Yea track and field has definitely disappointed this year..............sigh

Ceres

Banned
mYm|17| said:
Yea track and field has definitely disappointed this year..............sigh

Were they really expected to do well? It seems every race some other country (usually Jamaica) is the favorite to win gold.

nny

Yay, Brazil's Women's Volley team just won 3-0 and is on the final. Oh, versus USA just like in Soccer. Which, by the way, I think should be happening now and I can't find any results on the official olympics website. Anyone knows anything?

seanoff

Merritt wins the 400 by being one of the few athletes in the field who could see.

also Merritt, don't look sideways. The video screen man, the video screen will tell you what you need to know.

xero273

nny said:
Yay, Brazil's Women's Volley team just won 3-0 and is on the final. Oh, versus USA just like in Soccer. Which, by the way, I think should be happening now and I can't find any results on the official olympics website. Anyone knows anything?

They haven't updated the score for that game so I assume the soccer game still has no score.

USA sweeped in the 400m.

seanoff

nny said:

0 - 0 half way thru the first half

Ceres

Banned
nny said:

0-0 in the 29th minute.

mclem

seanoff said:
Merritt wins the 400 by being one of the few athletes in the field who could see.

also Merritt, don't look sideways. The video screen man, the video screen will tell you what you need to know.

Forget the winner, the dive for bronze was utterly glorious.

Cloudy

Banned
nny said:
just like in Soccer. Which, by the way, I think should be happening now and I can't find any results on the official olympics website. Anyone knows anything?

It's live on USA network. 0-0. There are a few cute girls in this game. Mitts for USA and Erika (I think) for Brazil :D

avaya

Beezy said:
???

She lost to Veronica Campbell in the last olympics also.

Felix is younger.

Bolt lost to Gay in Osaka.

Why are you people blaming Tyson Gay for the US exit in the relay? Patton didn't put the baton in his hands! That was Patton's fault.

deepbrown

Nolan. said:
Gb could have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky commentators.

Omg @ the americans again! this is just a terrible olympics for the Usa what a bunch of rubbish.
I can't believe it.

I feel really bad for feeling happy for the US Men dropping the baton now :( It meant that we had a chance of getting a Silver (no chance of the Gold Jamaica!) and then we went out :( It can't be the BBC's fault...surely :(

At least the women got through and the USA women went out... *don't feel happy*

Nolan.

Shadow780 said:
Attention US:

Naturalize Jamaica:lol :lol

Thank You

Then they'll train the Jamaicans the Usa way and they'll drop the batton. Then the new batch of Jamaicans might still beat the american Jamaicans. Even without team events the naturalized Jamaicans might turn into clumbsy tyson gay and steriods people, the american way.

They should just send their athletes to train in kenya and Jamaica close to the olympics and bring them back when it's time <_<.

Ceres

Banned
nny said:
yep, can't access it here; and since on my lab's PC I don't have much control on the Internet connection. Post here if there any goals, please )

I'm sure there's other "unofficial" streams you can access though I've personally found all of the ones put up to be both of a horrible quality and really taxing on my connection.

Beezy

Branduil said:
Tyson Gay needs to be banned from future Olympics. He's single-handedly ruining our Track-and-Field.
Stop looking for someone to blame. US just isn't that good in T&F overall this year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, since the American's lost the gold in Softball, does this mean they can continue to have that game in the olympics? You know, not being dominated by 1 country and all...

Nolan.

linsivvi said:
LOL. China qualified for the 4x100 relay while USA didn't.

Hell has frozen over.

Seems all you have to do is pass over decently. Anyway i'm surprised Phillips didn't get the gold in tripple jump. At least it's a medal I suppose.

deepbrown

Nolan. said:
Seems all you have to do is pass over decently. Anyway i'm surprised Phillips didn't get the gold in tripple jump. At least it's a medal I suppose.
Cant believe it :( I guess it's back to normal for Team GB. :'(

linsivvi

Nolan. said:

Yeah it's ridiculous. 4 teams DQ'ed in the same heat. Aren't these supposed to be the best in the world? Looks like they've never practiced.

Slamo

Results: Men's Triple Jump - Finals - 21 Aug 1:25pm
1. Portugal Nelson Evora 17.67m
2. Great Britain Phillips Idowu 17.62m
3. Bahamas Leevan Sands 17.59m

1st gold medal for Portugal! Woot!

Damn watching the softball game was like watching a yankee game, no clutch hitting an they never......ever going to get a chance to redeem themselves again.....and now the water polo team is bombing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom