• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan.

chickensoup said:
lol. They were nowhere near us, and our team screwing up isn't a valid reason for appeal.
But, I'm not sure what they could do. Jamaica didn't finish either, so they can't have their time taken away, the final isn't going to get rerun, and we were no more deserving of a medal than the three countries who legitmately won it.

I think they just know how easy it would have been for them to win a medal and they're trying it on. I think the Jamaicans was in the lane beside them though they changed or try to before they did. If the final was re-done (I think unlikely) they might just be giving the Jamaicans a medal they wouldn't have gotten otherwise anyway.

Ahhh actually watching it again the Jamaicans did bump into them.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
chickensoup said:
lol. They were nowhere near us, and our team screwing up isn't a valid reason for appeal.
But, I'm not sure what they could do. Jamaica didn't finish either, so they can't have their time taken away, the final isn't going to get rerun, and we were no more deserving of a medal than the three countries who legitmately won it.

Simple. If the appeal succeeds, Usain Bolt has to become a British citizen.

Shinobi

They were besides each other, both pretty much screwing up at the same time within feet of each other. In fact I thought one runner had fucked up and stumbled into the other lane. On the replay I don't think GBR has much grounds for an appeal...even though it might've been a visual distraction, you've still gotta do your job.

Actually now that I think about it, GBR was in the more outer lane, meaning they were ahead on the stagger. If anything their fuck up would've distracted Jamacia. :lol

andthebeatgoeson

I don't care much about the little Chinese Gymnasts as much as I care about why the President of the IOC decides that he needs to speak out about Bolt. Screw him, let Bolt do his thing. Why not make yourself look like a hypocrite by ignoring cheating in age? What, it doesn't count if it doesn't involve a needle? What they hell has the past 10 years been about if not pushing against cheating? How can they just ignore this so much?

pete914 said:
Anybody watching the Serbia-USA water polo gold medal semifinal? I'm stuck watching NBC update the score every quarter because the streaming video is blocked at work.

Edit: US wins, 10-5, wll play Hungary for gold. I know most people don't care, but this is damn near Miracle on Ice level of amazing. US was ranked #9 in the world going into the Olympics.
I'm so proud of those guys. We usually have a good amount of talent but can't really get it together. This group has been playing so well as a team which is great to see after years of frustration.

firex said:
update from Argentina's trainer: Manu injured his flopping ankle, may never be the same player again.

bunk.jpg

Shinobi

skinnyrattler said:
I don't care much about the little Chinese Gymnasts as much as I care about why the President of the IOC decides that he needs to speak out about Bolt. Screw him, let Bolt do his thing. Why not make yourself look like a hypocrite by ignoring cheating in age? What, it doesn't count if it doesn't involve a needle? What they hell has the past 10 years been about if not pushing against cheating? How can they just ignore this so much?

Fuck Jacques Rouge...none of the other sprinters care, WTF does he? Fucking twat.

chickensoup said:

There are so many other sports where people can lay blame on another team for not having a shot at winning (and sometimes legitimately so) but unfortunately, that's just life. It's unfair but what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom