• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Watch the Korean VS Malaysian female double badminton game. Those Koreans really can scream :O

EDIT: Haha, beaten :p

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
I can't stop chuckling at this badminton stuff.

They're hitting the thing so freaking hard and the thing loses momentum so freaking fast. Seems really really tiring.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
what the hell, the Airline commercial..featuring a bunch of Sumo Wrestlers turning into a Human Plane...

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Thailand is so boned in this Badminton game.

Unforced error-rama

gray_fox224

methodman said:
WOW @ phelps. thank god i didn't check any news before watching that (living in San Jose).

Davis here. Trying to keep away from this thread due to being in the west coast.

Phelps performance/ family in the stands had me a bit teary eyed...Maybe because I have some beers in me.

NetMapel said:
Ok seriously, how does the scoring works in judo !? Ippon !?!?

IPPON means that basically you just cleanly flipped your opponent on his/her back. Instant win.

You can get 2 half points for getting them on their back not as cleanly, or not entire back...

There are also sub points you can get, but they dont add up to victory. Your opponent can also get points for violations.

Still learning rules, but you want an IPPON basically.

Haha, the korean chick looks like a vulcan...

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
The_Inquisitor said:
IPPON means that basically you just cleanly flipped your opponent on his/her back. Instant win.

You can get 2 half points for getting them on their back not as cleanly, or not entire back...

There are also sub points you can get, but they dont add up to victory. Your opponent can also get points for violations.

Still learning rules, but you want an IPPON basically.

Haha, the korean chick looks like a vulcan...
So you score by putting your opponent's back to the ground ?

Karakand

NetMapel said:
Ok seriously, how does the scoring works in judo !? Ippon !?!?
200 points = Ippon (game over)
100 points = like sort-of an Ippon (instead of being thrown on the back it's the side, or a submission hold of 20 seconds)
1 point = various little things

Karakand said:
100 points = like sort-of an Ippon (instead of being thrown on the back it's the side, or a submission hold of 20 seconds)

Thanks, that finally clears it up for me! But i think you can get 10 pts too.

Gigglepoo

Karakand said:

I wish this would have been explained in the Beijing 08 video game. I had to go to Wikipedia to figure out what to do.

Gigglepoo

Karakand said:
Even the Wiki is pretty bad. :lol

Wikipedia:

"If an opponent executes a powerful yet fully controlled throw, he can win a match outright (by ippon) on the basis that he has displayed sufficient superiority. A lower score is given for lesser throws. A score for a throw is only given when executed starting from a standing position."

Those three sentences are more information than either the manual or in-game tutorial gave. Did they really expect the average gamer to know what ippon was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom