• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
fernandez_070606.jpg

Ruuuuudy!

Man, I'm gonna be unfucking bearable in the NBA threads if Rudy keeps playing like this :lol

mYm|17| said:
sweet crossbows
The archery has been quite interesting so far. Looks like China are going to be meeting Korea in the final, and we'll be fighting for Bronze against the French.

Edit: Why did we have to wait till we already lost before getting 10s? Stupid British athletes :-(

OatmealMu said:
The rain is really screwing things over.

But Korea's all like... wut rain?
Not just rain, it seems like they're in the middle of a thunderstorm.

I'm sure that Korea have built an army of crossbow firing robots, able to calculate wind speeds and trajectories in a fraction of a second. Apparently, they've won two-thirds of all the golds available in archery events since 1984.

BBC Commentator: "The sky adds its applause" :lol

I think the French just gave up there, not that they stood much chance. Hopefully, suffering a bad defeat in the pouring rain will have sapped their spirits enough to let us grab the bronze. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Korea just massacred France in the Women's Team Archery Semi-Final, after shattering the world record in the round before.

29 point margin of victory in the rain.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
mYm|17| said:
freakin it sounds terrible out at that archery stadium................those people are brave to stay there

Ha! I was loving the sound of the thunder and rain during the competition. Very soothing.

Now this assault. Ugh.

Hitokage said:
Bronze match to begin in 20 minutes.
Cool, thanks.
Looking at the amount of rain on the live feed now, it looks like the Korea / France match finished just in time. Wouldn't surprise me if they delayed it even more. Dread to think how bad the cyclists are suffering at the moment.

Goreomedy said:
Ha! I was loving the sound of the thunder and rain during the competition. Very soothing.

Now this assault. Ugh.
Yeah, not only do they have to sit in the rain, it sounds like they have to listen to Christina Aguilera over the loud speakers! "I'm a genie in a bottle" AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

master15

What are you guys watching? Just catching the basketball between Argentina and Lith. Am I right in thinking USA plays China in B-ball in about 5 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom