• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Aussie winner Stephanie Rice is a cute one

wbSWIMGALricebronze_gallery__301x400.jpg

Wollan

I just saw the opening ceremony. Before all the countries starting arriving.

I remember someone saying Jackie Chan was doing a singing performance but I didn't see it? After all the countries showed off maybe?

linsivvi

Wollan said:
I just saw the opening ceremony. Before all the countries starting arriving.

I remember someone saying Jackie Chan was doing a singing performance but I didn't see it? After all the countries showed off maybe?

Yes, and it was embarrassing. Just like the time he sang on David Letterman years ago.

That was a foregone conclusion, but the Chinese team put up a good fight, and were still better than either of the teams in the bronze final.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
OatmealMu said:
Park is obviously some sort of machine. Probably made by Samsung's Archer Robotics division.
Quarterfinal vs Italy: 231-217 <- Right after France sets record with 218
Semifinal vs France: 213-184 (in rain)
Final vs China: 224-215

Team Korea also continues to hold every single gold medal given for that event.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
fuck this shit

fuck usa/china

bullshit refs
this felt like game 4 of the WCF no foul called

cilonen

Womens Cycling Road Race was awesome as was the archery.

Anyone know why half the swimmers wearing those new speedo suits look as if their all ripped up with the printing peeling off. Are they meant to look like that?

OatmealMu

cilonen said:
Anyone know why half the swimmers wearing those new speedo suits look as if their all ripped up with the printing peeling off. Are they meant to look like that?

They're just that... damn... FAST.

Ydahs

Australia was decimated by Argentina in the soccer. It finished 1-0, but could've easily been 5-0. Second half completely dominated by Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom