• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Stele said:
How do they look younger than they actually are? Caucasians age faster. Blacks age probably fastest physically. There's basic genetic differences between the races and unless you use one race as the standard, they look exactly how they are supposed to.

I'm comparing Taiwanese kids to American-born Chinese/Taiwanese kids. Environment plays a huge difference. It wasn't just me, everybody I traveled with thought those high school kids I saw were in middle school. Seriously, they were at least 16 and they looked 11-12. My cousin is 18 and she could pass for a freshman in the U.S. compared to ABCs. The level of maturity, life experience, and just environment in general has a HUGE impact on your appearance.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Gonaria said:
level of difficulty
See I'm trying to understand the scoring system for gymnastic. Are you saying poles are much harder than this matt event ? This is what I don't get... a mistake is a mistake. Both individuals made a pretty big error in their routine...

eznark

Banned
Mugen said:
They act 12? Are you a psychic phd psychology major? You can tell the exact age of somebody is by watching them do gymnastics? Again, everybody knows Asian girls often look a lot younger then they are.

dude, saying some of those kids look 12 is generous. Some look about 10. Relax.

pollo

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Time for the China haters to get their comeuppance. Seriously, you guys are laughing at these Chinese girls for falling? Geez.

Unlike some of my fellow posters here claiming they're treating this like a NASCAR event, I am not. (traitors)

I hope China falls, and falls hard.

U-S-A

Gamer @ Heart said:
Apprently the US females kick ass at the beam.

I bet they do
shades_smile.gif

Desi

Mugen said:
Good for you, but it's obvious from the comments that many are laughing specifically because the girls are Chinese.
fuck that. I want to see the hannah montana bags and the dora the explorer clips. If it is a joke, I am very upset.

Shadow780

methodman said:
What time is Phelps coming up? Living on the west coast sucks so I gotta look for a stream online and NBColympics.com isn't going to have it :(

If you found one can you inform me as well?

*working right now and only has internet*:lol

Gamer @ Heart said:
Im just giving hope to fans. They make it to the next round.

They were always going to make it to the next round. Even with a ton of screws ups they'd still be better than the majority of the rest of the teams.

Mugen

Banned
eznark said:
dude, saying some of those kids look 12 is generous. Some look about 10. Relax.

Yeah, I'm sorry, there's no way those Chinese girls are over 12. Looking at peoples faces and body is a very accurate way of judging their age. We should do away ID cards. I shouldn't have to show ID to go into a bar or buy cigarettes, the shop keeper could just tell my age by looking at me.

Stele

Holds a little red book
Gamer @ Heart said:
I COME FROM THE FUTURE.

Im just giving hope to fans. They make it to the next round.
No shit. U.S. Women's gymnastics has always been solid. It's the Men who have always been pathetic, except for the one-hit wonder in Athens.

Piecake

NetMapel said:
See I'm trying to understand the scoring system for gymnastic. Are you saying poles are much harder than this matt event ? This is what I don't get... a mistake is a mistake. Both individuals made a pretty big error in their routine...

I don't know much, but each routine has a difficulty score. So lets say that the Chinese girl who fell had a routine difficulty score set at 7.5 while the American mat girl's routine difficulty was at a 6. Naturally, a mistake by the Chinese girl would still give her a higher score if the american also committed an error.

Plus, i just heard from the announcer that the mat is one of the lowest scored exercises

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Desi said:
fuck that. I want to see the hannah montana bags and the dora the explorer clips. If it is a joke, I am very upset.
My comments were as real as the Chinese gymnasts birth certificates...I'm sorry.

Hootie

Mugen said:
Yeah, I'm sorry, there's no way those Chinese girls are over 12. Looking at peoples faces and body is a very accurate way of judging their age. We should do away ID cards. I shouldn't have to show ID to go into a bar or buy cigarettes, the shop keeper could just tell my age by looking at me.

Chill out :lol

eznark

Banned
Mugen said:

you cry more than that 7 year old Chinese girl who fell off the uneven bars

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I see... still, I thought their routines are rather difficult and comparable to the Chinese routines @_@

Stele

Holds a little red book
NetMapel said:
Hmmm... she scored only 15.3 WITHOUT any critical error... why ?
Some of you are like pre-schoolers lost in a physics lab. Try to understand the scoring system, please.
I see... still, I thought their routines are rather difficult and comparable to the Chinese routines @_@
This is why they don't get people off the street to be judges.

Formless

Karakand said:
So guys what have I missed?
Chinese gymnasts look way too young, Mugen defending them because apparently all Asian girls look younger relatively (This is true sometimes, though not to the degree that these girls can be excused IMO)

Chinese gymnast falls, Americans laugh

Piecake

NetMapel said:

well, they did say that the mat was one of the lowest scored exercises so you shouldnt compare the mat scores to the bar exercise scores.

Stele

Holds a little red book
Chinese gymnasts look way too young, Mugen defending them because apparently all Asian girls look younger relatively (This is true sometimes, though not to the degree that these girls can be excused IMO)
Some of the smallest girls are around 4' 8''.

Mugen

Banned
eznark said:
SPOILER!!!

You win the gold in easily-offended. Congratulations

Offended? I'm just pointing out the fact that the Chinese girl who fell is extra entertaining to some people due to her being Chinese.

You can't deny that with comments like these.

At least the Chinese team has been fed a very well balanced diet of dog meat over those years!

The chinese president cast her into a pit of fire for her lack of perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom