• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desi

Hootie said:
That's pretty much all the US commentators are talking about. :lol
hell yeah. they are like "these kids".

Doesn't England have a 14 year old diver?

What makes it obvious is that all their gear are packed in Hannah Montana gym bags.
oh my god really? Must see this.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Chinese President to this last gymnast: "Another log for the fire..."

She's...fucking dead

Mugen

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
I read an article on nbc where some coach on the US team was fustrated about that. Apprently the rules state 16 is the youngest and he claims that those girls are clearly younger but they have passports that "prove" they are old enough to compete.

Fuck what America says, they'll say anything to discredit China. They don't have any solid proof. It's a known fact Asian girls quite often look much younger then they are.

Keylime

Mugen said:
Fuck what America says, they'll say anything to discredit China. They don't have any solid proof.
True...but did you have to phrase it quite like that?

"Fuck what America says"?

Keylime

What a difference:

American Gymnasts Montage: Driving, listening to iPods, using laptops
Chinese Gymnasts Montage: Getting their diapers changed, having the birds and the bees explained to them, clapping at Dora the Explorer clips.

Mugen

Banned
Hootie said:
China's dive was terrible, yet they clinched gold? WTF?

Yeah, your right China dived HORRIBLY and they don't deserve the gold.

Hootie said:
At least the Chinese team has been fed a very well balanced diet of dog meat over those years!

Hootie said:
They probably felt bad that the kid is going to be sent off to some rice farm to do slave labor for the rest of her life.

You're clearly not biased against China.

Formless

Mugen said:
Fuck what America says, they'll say anything to discredit China. They don't have any solid proof. It's a known fact Asian girls quite often look much younger then they are.
Not that young. And I've been hanging around Asian people for all my life.

Keylime

giga said:
isnt this live?
Nadda, pretty sure this is delayed.

US Swimming will be live tonight.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
US got high 14 for one mistake out of bound on the matt. Chinese got mid-15 for a mistake of falling off the poles... WHY ?

Kifimbo

Mugen said:

They not only look like 12 years old, they act like 12 years old.

methodman

Banned
What time is Phelps coming up? Living on the west coast sucks so I gotta look for a stream online and NBColympics.com isn't going to have it :(

Stele

Holds a little red book
SnowWolf said:
Asian people always look younger than they actually are. Whenever I go to Taiwan and see the high school kids there, they look like they're 12, no exaggeration.
How do they look younger than they actually are? Caucasians age faster. Blacks age probably fastest physically. There's basic genetic differences between the races and unless you use one race as the standard, they look exactly how they are supposed to.

Not to mention they're all around 4' 10'', which makes them look even younger.
Time for the China haters to get their comeuppance. Seriously, you guys are laughing at these Chinese girls for falling? Geez.
The girl who fell off the uneven bars, He Kexin, still made the event finals. Her score was still the 6th highest even after deducting .8.

Mugen

Banned
Kifimbo said:
They not only look like 12 years old, they act like 12 years old.

They act 12? Are you a psychic phd psychology major? You can tell the exact age of somebody is by watching them do gymnastics? Again, everybody knows Asian girls often look a lot younger then they are.

eznark

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Time for the China haters to get their comeuppance. Seriously, you guys are laughing at these Chinese girls for falling? Geez.

To be fair, I'm laughing at anyone who falls. It's like NASCAR and figure skating, I come for the fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom