• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Mugen said:
Offended? I'm just pointing out the fact that the Chinese girl who fell is extra entertaining to some people due to her being Chinese.

You can't deny that with comments like these.
...lighten up!

Americans get bashed for being fat and stupid all the time 'round these parts. Grow some thicker skin!

Desi

Mugen said:
Offended? I'm just pointing out the fact that the Chinese girl who fell is extra entertaining to some people due to her being Chinese.

You can't deny that with comments like these.
maybe the dog meat wasn't so cool but the pit of fire is fucking classic. don't lie

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i'm both glad and in tears over Costas' grilling at this moment. Bush didn't look prepared for these questions (smug, seemingly incredulous smile) and i'm a bit stunned that NBC higher ups would inject this debate in the middle of gymnastics.

Mugen

Banned
Formless said:
Chinese gymnasts look way too young, Mugen defending them because apparently all Asian girls look younger relatively (This is true sometimes, though not to the degree that these girls can be excused IMO)

Chinese gymnast falls, Americans laugh

Whatever dude, there's no way to prove that unless you have some kind of advanced dna evidence or you get their parents to say so. We do know the girls look young, but we also know the West likes to slam China every chance it gets. When you accuse somebody the proof of burden is on you.

Keylime

Fucking Bush :lol :lol :lol :lol

I wish this guy was our mascot instead of our president....jeeeeeeeeeeesus :lol

"If you'd let me off this set..."

Formless

His head tilt is...kind of adorable. Also he said 1975.

And to Mugen, I'm not saying they look too young because I live in the West. I'm saying they look too young because they look too young. NONE of the Asian girls at 15-16 I've known look that young.

Mugen

Banned
Desi said:
maybe the dog meat wasn't so cool but the pit of fire is fucking classic. don't lie

I get the jokes, but I still stand by the fact that some people are extra entertained because the girl was Chinese. You're gonna tell me if it was a Romanian girl that fell, people would be feeling the same level of amusement?

eznark

Banned
Mugen said:
I get the jokes, but I still stand by the fact that some people are extra entertained because the girl was Chinese. You're gonna tell me if it was a Romanian girl that fell, people would be feeling the same level of amusement?

I think people are just extra entertained by 10 year olds biting it.

Desi

Mugen said:
I didn't really laugh. But would i feel the same amusement? of course. It is a fuckup on the home turf. everything is extra funny. Also the hannah montana jokes just made it that more awesome.

And to Mugen, I'm not saying they look too young because I live in the West. I'm saying they look too young because they look too young. NONE of the Asian girls at 15-16 I've known look that young.
well are they purebred? When you come move to the west you grow 4 inches. kind of like space.

Mugen said:

Get that sand out of your vagina, I would laugh if it was anyone but the USA and even then I would laugh.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
DancingJesus said:
Am I the only one who wishes he was interviewing Obama instead right now?
Obama is not the president. Obama is not in China. Sooooo No.

edit: question: Why are the Men in gymnatics usually older than the wome..children in gymnastics?

Stele

Holds a little red book
RubxQub said:
Americans get bashed for being fat and stupid all the time 'round these parts. Grow some thicker skin!
Now that you mention it, the American divers all had about 20 pounds on the whole field. :lol

Formless

Desi said:
well are they purebred? When you come move to the west you grow 4 inches. kind of like space.
Yes they're purebred. I'm purebred. And it's not just their height, it's the youth in their faces. I'm sure China would give these girls plenty of nutrition if they were to be athletes (Training starts young). Also the lack of boobs. *waits for excuse that Asian girls have small chests*

Keylime

Stele said:
Now that you mention it, the American divers all had about 20 pounds on the whole field. :lol
It's true. :lol

pollo

Banned
Mugen said:

you need to stop playing victim. No one likes a wine-er

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Man, when is nbc going to put last night's gold medal Judo matches online? The video stops after the semifinals.

Hootie

The_Inquisitor said:
Watching Kazakstan and France play handball. Wow the Kazzies are keeping up with the French pretty well.

34hgwes.jpg

Karakand

Formless said:
Chinese gymnasts look way too young, Mugen defending them because apparently all Asian girls look younger relatively (This is true sometimes, though not to the degree that these girls can be excused IMO)

Chinese gymnast falls, Americans laugh
Sounds like someone didn't read my rules in the OP (especially rule #5). I thought Chicom shills respected law if it was handed down from an authoritarian source?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon

Keylime

At least she landed on her feet. Seemed really odd that she landed so cleanly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom