• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your team has to spend Republican slush fund money to compete, you better win the game. Thank the umps on your way out and hope they carry you above .500 for the rest of the year.

Macattk15

Man. Wells, Chang and Robinson. All outfielders coming to Seattle recently. Seems there is no faith in Franklin becoming healthy and a fear that this Ichiro is the real Ichiro from here on out.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Macattk15 said:
Man. Wells, Chang and Robinson. All outfielders coming to Seattle recently. Seems there is no faith in Franklin becoming healthy and a fear that this Ichiro is the real Ichiro from here on out.

I think even Ichiro would acknowledge he's done.

It's kind of sad how quickly he fell off the cliff.

The Frankman said:
Yeah.... stick with the Mets.

PLAXICOOOOOOOOO.

I wonder who'll finish closer to winning the division between the Jets and the Giants. Figure both the Eagles and Pats go 14-2.

Macattk15

darkside31337 said:
I think even Ichiro would acknowledge he's done.

It's kind of sad how quickly he fell off the cliff.

PLAXICOOOOOOOOO.

I wonder who'll finish closer to winning the division between the Jets and the Giants. Figure both the Eagles and Pats go 14-2.

Indeed. I can't be mad with how many years and the level of play he gave us though.

I bet the M's resign Bedard too. So mad Adam Kennedy and Jack Wilson are still on the M's. Oh and Figgins ... but he wasn't goin anywhere.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jakncoke said:
We lose. bye division, .500 most likely wont happen either. specially when Huntington did fuck all.

Huntington will be fired. Cutch will demand a trade out of town. Where did it all go wrong for the Pirates :(

JABEE

The Old Man has still got it! Ibanez with two homers and the walk-off double after a double by Pence in bottom of 10th.

LJ11

What a way to lose, would've preferred a bomb.

jakncoke said:
We lose. bye division, .500 most likely wont happen either. specially when Huntington did fuck all.

Seriously, why give up the prospects?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Hurdle is a fucking idiot. He's probably cost his team more wins than any manager this year.

The Pirates are 2 games over .500. There is no way that could possibly be true

And he's still not as bad as Fredi.

jakncoke

Banned
LJ11 said:
What a way to lose, would've preferred a bomb.

We the fans deserve some sort of effort. This fucking management doing fuck all at attempting anything remotely logical at trying to stay with it, all the good will they were building is going out the window.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
LJ11 said:

The Pirates could have upgraded the roster without giving up prospects. It's completely demoralizing to not even see them add a little payroll to make even the tiniest of upgrades to go for it.

LJ11

Go for what, a first round loss?

Isn't their farm in the bottom third of league? What kind of bat could they have added without giving something up?

harSon

Banned
darkside31337 said:
The Pirates could have upgraded the roster without giving up prospects. It's completely demoralizing to not even see them add a little payroll to make even the tiniest of upgrades to go for it.

Bingo. I don't care if they decided to bring in some bargain bin players, at least it shows us that they're still in the hunt while also bolstering the team a bit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Pirates fans are just so happy to smell contention that they wanted to mortgage whatever future they might have. I can't say I empathize as a Yankee fan but I think they're probably tired of getting raped by the Red Sox anyway.

jakncoke

Banned
LJ11 said:
Go for what, a first round loss?

Isn't their farm in the bottom third of league? What kind of bat could they have added without giving something up?

Try a perspective of never seeing a playoff team and a management that was much worse and how we're usually 20-30 out by now. Then being out by a hand full and even an above average bat would be upgrade. Then you'd understand.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
They did what they should have: added Lee and Ludwick as token upgrades, and didn't trade away prospects for no reason.

clemenx

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Pirates fans are just so happy to smell contention that they wanted to mortgage whatever future they might have. I can't say I empathize as a Yankee fan but I think they're probably tired of getting raped by the Red Sox anyway.
I guess that's understandable but good thing Pirates fan don't run the team.

Also, you guys in this page talking as if Lee and Ludwick didn't happen. Oh but I'm sure they would've been better if they given prospects for Pence, give me a break.

harSon

Banned
Doytch said:
They did what they should have: added Lee and Ludwick as token upgrades, and didn't trade away prospects for no reason.

Prospects aren't going to mean shit if we don't pony up the cash to keep our current crop of talent. We're still on the very bottom of the league in terms of payroll, and unless our mentality has recently changed, ownership still values profitability over winning.

clemenx said:
I guess that's understandable but good thing Pirates fan don't run the team.

Also, you guys in this page talking as if Lee and Ludwick didn't happen. Oh but I'm sure they would've been better if they given prospects for Pence, give me a break.
Ludwick and Lee have combined for a whopping 1.5 WAR this year. The Pirates might have added a win for themselves.

Solid trades by the Pirates imo. Get two veteran bats to help out this young team and help keep them on their game. Getting these guys meant not giving up much to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom