• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whalekock

sf2fanatic said:
Highly dount it Angels would make a move if so it would a 4th pitcher. Chatwood is getting killed out there now
Chatwood? What about Pinero. The angels need a bat, the middle of the lineup are zombies at the plate. Unfortunately there was nobody out there that fit thier needs(third base).

whalekock said:
Chatwood? What about Pinero. The angels need a bat, the middle of the lineup are zombies at the plate. Unfortunately there was nobody out there that fit thier needs(third base).

they need a 4th pitcher more than hitting

eznark said:
I don't understand your point? Did you read that as though I thought he was being disingenuous?

I think he thinks it was sort of shitty but gets that it was 50/50 and what he was really pissed about was the forearm shiver from "that little guy."
Yea, that's how I read it. That even "as a pitcher" if he were on Aybar's team, he wouldn't think it was bush league.

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Yea, that's how I read it. That even "as a pitcher" if he were on Aybar's team, he wouldn't think it was bush league.

I think he would be less likely to be pissed. The pitchers who were talking about it on MLBN were ambivalent, citing the score and the pennant race.

But I take him at his word because he seems dreamy.

eznark said:
I think he would be less likely to be pissed. The pitchers who were talking about it on MLBN were ambivalent, citing the score and the pennant race.

But I take him at his word because he seems dreamy.
I agree. 100 mph whenever he wants. He's a demigod.

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
I agree. 100 mph whenever he wants. He's a demigod.

I've barely had a chance to watch him this year but I watched that game today. When he is 100% right, I've never seen anything better.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!

Shulman doesn't seem too thrilled about this matchup. Either that or he misplaced his enthusiasm while talking about how horrible Cubs and Cardinals pitching are.

eznark

Banned
SORIANO!!!!!!!!

Jesus fucking Christ. Hersheiser credits Soriano's home run to a "momentum swing" resulting from the Wood double play and not a hanging breaking ball.

Fuck you.

Levyne

Banned
eznark said:
2.5 game lead on the division with the Cardinals coming to Miller Park.

I like it!!

You're welcome (or guess not since we lost against the Cards so many times already). My god I'm so mad that the Cubs held onto Marmol, Byrd, Pena, Ramirez, Grabow, everyone! uruhggru

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Wow at Weaver. Baby among men.
Disagree based solely on highlights and watching the game from the 7th onwards. Ordonez was walking to first on the first HR, and Guillen doing it again, and overtly showboating completely justifies throwing at someone.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
Disagree based solely on highlights and watching the game from the 7th onwards. Ordonez was walking to first on the first HR, and Guillen doing it again, and overtly showboating completely justifies throwing at someone.
Guillen specifically.

clemenx

Banned
Ordoñez didn't do anything crazy, plenty of people stare at their HR like that, it wasn't overly long or something, Weaver was just too sensitive and got mad at that. Guillen then took it over the top, but I can see why he did it, I don't see why Weaver got mad at Ordoñez.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
2.5 game lead on the division with the Cardinals coming to Miller Park.

I like it!!

All thanks to Craig Counsell's veteran leadership.

Also way too much hatred for Weaver. Guy is a stud and was amped up for this game. Guillen is a douche, Tigers fans are utter babies. That bunt was completely legit.

I'd imagine there's a lot of frustration in the Angels clubhouse. Their GM is a total moron, Jeff Mathis has a .499 OPS (Napoli is literally almost doubling that), they have Vernon Wells doing nothing, Mark Trumbo has turned into the most overrated first baseman in baseball not named Ryan, and they sit on their asses and do nothing while Daniels is not Reagins. Jered Weaver tries to carry his team on the back and then runs into Verlander who is in a league of his own.

Basically the very definition of demoralizing. I don't blame Weaver for getting upset at Guillen's punk antics. Fire Reagins.

Doytch

clemenx said:
Ordoñez didn't do anything crazy, plenty of people stare at their HR like that, it wasn't overly long or something, Weaver was just too sensitive and got mad at that. Guillen then took it over the top, but I can see why he did it, I don't see why Weaver got mad at Ordoñez.
My point was that it was the second time in the game, and Guillen went way overboard considering it was the second time.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Guillen was trolling. I didn't think Ordonez did anything significant.

Ordonez's homer was barely fair, he was just looking because he didn't know until it landed. Guillen will get one in the side the next time these teams meet up, even if it is next year.

Good atmosphere at Rogers Centre today. Glad to see Rasmus finally get his first hits as a Jay. Gotta remember to grab my free Pizza tomorrow.

harSon

Banned
darkside31337 said:
All thanks to Craig Counsell's veteran leadership.

You mean all thanks to playing the Astros and Cubs. Let's not beat around the bush here, it's the same reason we were in 1st.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
harSon said:
You mean all thanks to playing the Astros and Cubs. Let's not beat around the bush here, it's the same reason we were in 1st.
which is probably a good reason you shouldn't mortgage your future when that is the reason they are being competitive.

harSon

Banned
Windu said:
which is probably a good reason you shouldn't mortgage your future when that is the reason they are being competitive.

It's not like we aren't competitive in general. Our Achilles heel this season has been a lack of scoring to compliment the few points our pitchers typically do allow.

SpacLock

ConradCervantes said:
Ordonez's homer was barely fair, he was just looking because he didn't know until it landed. Guillen will get one in the side the next time these teams meet up, even if it is next year.

Weaver was being a little baby. I'm glad Guillen rubbed it in after his whining over Ordonez.

exarkun

Heard about the Bourn deal a few hours ago. With him and Pence gone, my abysmal team just got about as far from relevancy as you can get. And the worst part? The owners are actually doing the right thing since our prospects and minors were/are pretty terrible. What a sad state they were sold in : (.

The Astros were shockingly bad this year. They were surprisingly good in the second half of 2010 after Drayton finally let get go of Oswalt and Berkman. I thought they were going to be good this year, and they are just awful.

They really got duped by J.A. Happ.

eznark

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
Maggs was prob surprised he can still hit an homer..

Actually he said just that in his post game, which I found hilarious.

Guillen should be hit by every pitcher for the next week. Not only was he clearly hot dogging, he was also pissing allover Weaver. Standing and watching, arms out, bat flipping and giving Weaver the full frontal while skipping down first base? Not even the fantastically bush league Pujols pulls shit like that.

About as bad as it gets (outside of an awesome choreographed Grenade Celebration at home plate!)

Unless the Yankees get someone I haven't heard of, the Yankees failed big time. I really thought they would get Jimenez, but better that he went to the Indians lol.

Talon

harSon said:
It's not like we aren't competitive in general. Our Achilles heel this season has been a lack of scoring to compliment the few points our pitchers typically do allow.
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom