• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Macattk15 said:
So you're talking about random mouth breathing fans calling from Seattle that probably don't know shit about the Mariners other than Bedard was hurt all the time with legitimate injuries .... including trying to pitch through the shoulder injury for a while??

Fuck them. Bedard likes baseball. Bedard tries even while his shoulder is falling off to labor through the season.

I like Bedard. Is he often injured? Yeah he is. Is he one of the best LH'ers in the AL when healthy? Yeah I think so. He can't control his body breaking down ... its not his fault.

The guy was cool in Seattle. He wanted to play again for Seattle this season (other teams offered him more money) because he most likely felt bad for how much playing time he missed after Seattle traded so much away for him.

Comparing him to Lackey???? Hahaha. Lackey is a dickhead asshole who will yell at his own players behind him. Bedard is not Lackey.
A few fans and a guy from ESPN Seattle.

eznark said:
Just wait til Melvin calls up everyone on the Mets PTBNL list in September. Gentlemen's agreements are for suckers! Enjoy Mike Rivera.
If you do that and the player gets hurt that can void the trade.
Doytch said:
Can't wait for the drama!
*suscribes to Posada's wife's Twitter*

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
If you do that and the player gets hurt that can void the trade.

*suscribes to Posada's wife's Twitter*

Seems like a good way to give you back Frankie should the Brewers tail off!

bluemax

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
A few fans and a guy from ESPN Seattle.

Yeah I read the article. Its by Mike Salk, which is a bit shameful.

Here's the thing, the Seattle media never loved Bedard because he doesn't like to talk to them and he doesn't give them fun quotes etc.

By all accounts Bedard likes to pitch, he likes baseball. If you watch him in the dugout he shows genuine human emotion and excitement when his teammates do well etc. He just doesn't happen to want to share any of this with journalists.

Some fans don't like him because he generally only pitches about 6 innings per game and they are stupid.

In short only stupid people hate Bedard.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
zvvqti.jpg
zvvqti.jpg
zvvqti.jpg

@ajcbraves David O'Brien
Stay tuned but I think #Braves roster move for Bourn might be Proctor.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sanjuro

CygnusXS said:
zvvqti.jpg
zvvqti.jpg
zvvqti.jpg

@ajcbraves David O'Brien
Stay tuned but I think #Braves roster move for Bourn might be Proctor.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
You've got to be shitting me...

verbum

Braves may move Procter to make room for Bourne. Constanza would stick around (Jerry will be happy).
Procter to waivers?

Like this stat:
Livan Hernandez owns a 7-18 record against the Braves in his career, the worst record of any active pitcher against any team (Minimum 20 Decisions).

I am surprised Mets did not move a reliever. I don't think Sandy ever actually looked to trade them, but if he got offers he'd listen. Nothing must've popped up.

So Carlos Carrasco was suspended six games for throwing at Billy Butler. Does that mean Jered Weaver will suffer the same fate? That'd be pretty shitty if he doesn't.

eznark

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
So Carlos Carrasco was suspended six games for throwing at Billy Butler. Does that mean Jered Weaver will suffer the same fate? That'd be pretty shitty if he doesn't.

Six games is standard for a SP, it ensures a missed start. Guaranty Weaver will get the same.

Fredi officially gone nanners. Jurrjens batting 8th tonight.

1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - 3B
3. Freeman - 1B
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Heyward - RF
6. Ross - C
7. Gonzalez - SS
8. Jurrjens - P
9. Constanza - LF

Scott Linebrink was placed on the DL with a lower back strain to make room for Bourn. Proctor lives another day...

AnEternalEnigma said:
Fredi officially gone nanners. Jurrjens batting 8th tonight.

1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - 3B
3. Freeman - 1B
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Heyward - RF
6. Ross - C
7. Gonzalez - SS
8. Jurrjens - P
9. Constanza - LF

Ok, i'm confused

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Never understood why people freak out about the pitching batting 8th. Not really a big deal even if Fredi's rationale is poor.

Honestly I just wish somebody would bat their pitcher leadoff once. Against a guy like Jonathan Sanchez or somebody else with a really really awful walk rate. Play some mind games against a guy like that.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
batting the pitcher eighth is probably the more optimized way to contruct the lineup, but it really doesn't make much difference. I'm just glad George Costanza is at the bottom of the lineup.

edit: still don't get what fredi has against using Hinske though.

MC Safety

I like to read Sports Illustrated's Web site, mostly for news on the New York Mets.

The site links to all manner of publications and blogs, and there's been a surprising uptick in the amount of stories and blogs suggesting the Mets are contenders for the wild card.

I think the Mets are having a great season, and they're doing far better than anyone could have expected them to. However, I can't conjure up or even imagine a fantasy scenario where the team would win the wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom