• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
CRAIG COUNSELL WATCH!

DEEEEEEEP FLY BALL TO RIGHT (when adjusted for the Counsell exchange rate that comes out to a weak pop up to 2B)

0-45

Fuck the New York fucking Mets for everything they're worth. Someone just take a fucking wrecking ball to Citi Field and wipe that shithole off the map.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
eznark said:
CRAIG COUNSELL WATCH!

DEEEEEEEP FLY BALL TO RIGHT (when adjusted for the Counsell exchange rate that comes out to a weak pop up to 2B)

0-45
almost there!

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
almost there!

Dude, you could combine all the times he has put the ball in play over those 45 at-bats and the ball wouldn't make it out of the infield.

Remember when I said at the beginning of the year I would be shocked if he got a single hit all year?

Ya.

jman2050

Holy shit Adam Dunn was hitting .041/.226/.041 against lefties before CC just annihilated him in four straight ABs.

That is some legendary baffling splits.

rando14

jman2050 said:
Holy shit Adam Dunn was hitting .041/.226/.041 against lefties before CC just annihilated him in four straight ABs.

That is some legendary baffling splits.

Salary: $12,000,000

:cool:

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Baseball America released this list today of the Astros’ top 10 prospects:

1. Jonathan Singleton, 1B

2. Jarred Cosart, RHP

3. George Springer, OF

4. Jonathan Villar, SS

5. Brett Oberholtzer, LHP

6. Paul Clemens, RHP

7. Mike Foltynewicz, RHP

8. Delino DeShields Jr., 2B

9. Jimmy Paredes, 2B/3B

10. Ariel Ovando, OF

This list, sadly, highlights how bad the Astros have been at developing their own talent. Four of the players on this list (Singleton, Cosart, Oberholtzer and Clemens) were just acquired over the weekend in the Michael Bourn and Hunter Pence trades. Two of the players (Villar and Paredes) were acquired last year in the Roy Oswalt and Lance Berkman trades. And one was just drafted this year and hasn’t even been signed to a contract, let alone started playing ball against professionals.

That leaves only three prospects of their top ten that are currently in the system and were drafted by the Astros, and they’re numbers 7, 8 and 10.

Foltynewicz is 19 and has a 4.27 ERA in Single-A. De-Shields has a .310 on-base percentage and is showing a high propensity for strikeouts at Single-A, to say nothing of the early red flag with his DUI arrest. And Ovando is in Rookie ball after getting drafted out of the Dominican Republic. He’s 17…we hope.

I don’t mean this as a personal attack against these young players. I don’t know anything about them personally and who knows — they could pan out great. But it is a knock against the Astros organization that has long neglected its scouting and its minor leagues. This list indicates that it’s trying to get back on the right path, but also demonstrates just how bereft they were of any promising minor leaguers before July of last year. Hopefully that’s issue number one to be addressed under the new ownership (and hopefully new management).
http://astros290.com/2011/08/01/baseball-america-lists-astros-top-10-prospects-and-its-a-little-sad/

Asstros

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Just got back from the Nats game tonight, and damn those Ankiel home runs were bombs.

Three in a row against NL East feels great! Too bad we can't beat the Marlins.

Macattk15

rando14 said:

tumblr_krhrbeyOLj1qzvqipo1_400.jpg

Sharp

rando14 said:
Ahahaha I forgot about Stephen Strasburg. How's he doing?
About to return and pretty much dominate the majors again. Unless he is seriously incapacitated I'd say you'd have to be crazy to be satisfied with consolation prize Dustin Ackley, but whatever works for you man!

rando14

Sharp said:
About to return and pretty much dominate the majors again. Unless he is seriously incapacitated I'd say you'd have to be crazy to be satisfied with consolation prize Dustin Ackley, but whatever works for you man!

Eh, Ackley is batting .313/.372/.560. Not bad ;)

EDIT: Man, Trevor Cahill has turned into a suckfest

Macattk15

Sharp said:

Dem .900+ OPS and climbing 2B are horrible!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You guys are freaking nuts if you think Ackley will be even in the same realm as Strasburg when its all said and done.

Also DBacks still getting absolutely no respect. They'll be 1 game out if they hold on tonight.

rando14

darkside31337 said:
You guys are freaking nuts if you think Ackley will be even in the same realm as Strasburg when its all said and done.

Also DBacks still getting absolutely no respect. They'll be 1 game out if they hold on tonight.

17-game losing streak. I lost all shreds of my sanity long ago!! :cool:

Also yeah DBacks so deserve respect. I'm rooting for them most in the NL after the Pirates.

Macattk15

darkside31337 said:

Can you guarantee me Starsburg's arm won't fall off? I mean really, can you?

And I never said Ackley >>> Strasburg. You guys get so damn salty for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom