• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

What a game.

Obbie's reaction was priceless, dude was jumping up and down like an 8 year old on Christmas morning.

Mike Baxter, wtf is this guy was my reaction earlier in the day. Baseball's great.

Dragon

Banned
Haha Aceves ANOTHER Vulture win. 22-2 in his major league career. If that doesn't show how meaningless wins and losses are for pitchers I don't know what does.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
cuevas said:
where did it all go so wrong?
Right at the top.

7KrjL.jpg

Sharp said:
Imagine Lombardozzi up the middle and you will see how wrong you are.
That would be nice. Then I imagine Ben Revere and his < .300 OBP leading off in 2012 and I want to puke.

harSon

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Got to let the Pirates win a game from time to time... :/

Let's not pretend ya'll haven't dropped 8 of your last 10.

Good thing you were walked Alvarez, was about to title you the Limas Sweed of baseball.

jakncoke

Banned
harSon said:
Likelihood that Vogelsong is on steroids?

They were showing him pre-game his Pirates days and this season days screen by screen. Looks to me he got leaner and fixed some mechanic issues.

harSon

Banned
jakncoke said:
They were showing him pre-game his Pirates days and this season days screen by screen. Looks to me he got leaner and fixed some mechanic issues.

To be pefectly honest, I don't trust any athlete who has a magical turnaround in their older years.

harSon

Banned
jakncoke said:
I feel this game is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode in failure

After this 10 game losing streak, I don't care if we're up 10 with one out left to win the game, I'll still assume we're going to choke the game away some how.

jakncoke

Banned
Solid game out of Morton

Edit: Walker slid way to soon. Would of been funny if he didn't reach the bag

Edit2: Did Hanrahan fuck Hurdles wife. fucking hell lol.

Square Triangle said:
Did Beltran bring something from NY to SanFran with him? Poor Giants.

I missed this earlier but he sucks so much. I was so fucking happy the Phils didnt throw away prospects for him. Such a loser.

Kuroda gotta be in the top 5 for worst run support..

Tough Luck on the Murphy injury. Watched the game and I gringed at that play too. He was a good sleeper for me for a while. First Ike now him.

sf2fanatic said:
Kuroda gotta be in the top 5 for worst run support..

Tough Luck on the Murphy injury. Watched the game and I gringed at that play too. He was a good sleeper for me for a while. First Ike now him.

Mets are league leaders in freak injuries. Wright is gonna sneeze and slip a disc one of these days by season's end.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Oswalt giving tips to Hamels/Lee about how to deep-six a bitch.

2vtpt9u.gif

Also, I think I'm gonna go to either Washington or Atlanta for Labour Day weekend to watch some baseball. Influence my decision, GAF. First time to either.

Well for Labor Day weekend I'd go with the Nationals. You probably have like a 20% shot of seeing Strasburg pitch. I'll take those chances.

Looks like Scott Baker is going back on the DL and more than likely done for the season with elbow problems.

It'd be moronic for the Twins to keep pitching him considering he had surgery on the elbow last year, already went on the DL once this year with elbow pain in July and is now talking about the discomfort in the elbow once again. Bill Smith is probably trying to convince him to tough it out, gotta make that run for the playoffs.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
It'd be moronic for the Twins to keep pitching him considering he had surgery on the elbow last year, already went on the DL once this year with elbow pain in July and is now talking about the discomfort in the elbow once again. Bill Smith is probably trying to convince him to tough it out, gotta make that run for the playoffs.
I'm pretty sure they'll shut him down. Gotta keep him healthy to trade (for fringe relief prospects) next year when they overextend their budget by giving Cuddyer $15 million a year.

Here we come top 10 draft pick! The bright side to this is that it may force them to call up Kevin Slowey, despite their best efforts to keep him in the minors. The downside is that I'll still have to watch Blackburn, Pavano, and Duensing get shelled every time they're up in the rotation.

Stat of the Day
Mets had lost 195 straight when down 2+ in the 9th, Padres had won 187 straight when up 2+ in the 9th, each was longest of its kind. From Elias Sports Bureau

PJFJosh

Each day I'm more and more happy that the Phillies didn't get Beltran. I didn't want him but it was a possibility there for a while. Pence has worked out great so far :)

PJFJosh said:
Each day I'm more and more happy that the Phillies didn't get Beltran. I didn't want him but it was a possibility there for a while. Pence has worked out great so far :)

Some times the best moves are the ones you dont make, and not getting Beltran was an amazing move. Anyone know what the Giants record is since they got him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom