• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.khou.com/news/Nolan-Ryan-hospitalized-in-Houston-125749323.html

Maybe posted, not sure, but Nolan Ryan is in the Hospital.

017044490.jpg

Beat the shit outta this, Nolan.

Doytch

Lambtron said:
The game that was rained out was April 22nd, which was to be their Earth Day celebration.
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.

(No doubt there's some marketing/contractual issues that forced this.)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Dunno how I missed this, but apparently the Giants have hired Jim Riggleman as a special assignment scout.

Dmncnby2k9 said:
U went Frankman? I was gonna go but I had to work when the game started.
I wanted to go to today's game but I got tied up... still in Philly (The pic is a Metsblog pic). If he stays for Tuesday's game I'm going, I don't care. I can drag captmcblack along since he has knowledge of the local gangs that frequent KeySpan Park.

Is Greinke's social anxiety worsening, is that why he is pitching so poorly? I though he was supposed to be better since he likes to supposedly compete.

And the AL Central is not the worst division, it is the most competitive.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Is Greinke's social anxiety worsening, is that why he is pitching so poorly? I though he was supposed to be better since he likes to supposedly compete.

yes it is.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Twins getting mowed down by a marginal, soft tossing, left handed pitcher? No way.

Guys, if the AL Central didn't suck the Twins wouldn't be winning it after falling 20 games under .500 at one point.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rafa=FedKilla said:

He's really not pitching that poorly.

The pathetic defense behind him, Rickie Weeks is the only above average defender (and the others are well below average) are more than likely bigger factors than his social anxiety, which is of course difficult to quantify (if there is anything to quantify).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
XiaNaphryz said:
Dunno how I missed this, but apparently the Giants have hired Jim Riggleman as a special assignment scout.
yep a few days ago I heard. I guess he will be our nl east scout when it matters.

eznark

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:

wut?

The Frankman said:
Angel Hernandez behind the plate for the Mets/Marlins game. YoTU Watch in full effect.

I totally hate that ump. They should send those 2 guys dressed in umps to mock him..Him and Joe West

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
#Braves' Hinske is in LF tonight because he's 4-for-6 against Hammel; McLouth will be back out there next 3 gms, Fredi G said.
i like hinske in LF but the reason he is in LF is hilarious. 4 for 6! massive sample.

sangreal

Kim Jones is talking about how Russel Martin told Phil Hughes he got his pitch back and that its a reference to EB&D. I don't think she realizes she is discussing a scene where Kenny Powers knocks a guy's eye out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom