• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Banned
Doytch said:
Do you even know what just happened Macattk15??? The ball went out of the stands and that bad, bad man jogged around the bases.

You can hit the ball out of the ball park? I thought that was against the rules!

Doytch said:
Yeah, I gotta say, having awesome pitching is nice, but I much prefer watching the 2010/11 Jays to the 2007ish Jays who were insane (Doc, good Burnett, Marcum, McGowan) pitching-wise but dogshit offensively. As soon as you're losing you pretty much give up.

When I was a kid the Mariners were kind of bad at pitching aside from Randy Johnson an Bosio/Fleming on occasion. But they mashed the shit out of the ball.

In 1993 they had 3 starters with an OPS over .800 and one on the verge. They haven't even had 3 starters with OPS over .800 the last 3 years.

rando14

Fenix said:
Pfft. What are you talking about, 5 hits through 1+!

There was a point a few days ago where the Mariners scored 1 run in like 37 innings. No exaggeration.

Hey, you got your wish guys. Home run.

EDIT: Checked. 1 run in 34 innings, 2 in 43.

Macattk15

Doytch said:
ALTUVE IS A MAJOR LEAGUER!

Who the fuck is Greg Halman? :(

He is fucking Dutch. Respect.

Always been a good prospect. Awesome fielder. Awesome speed. Awesome power.

TONS OF K's.

OH GOD DAMN I GOT A GREG HALMAN HR BADGE ON GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macattk15

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Brendan fucking Ryan.

harSon

Banned
Just purchased my tickets to the Pirates/Giants series on Aug 8-10th. Ridiculously cheap too! I'm sort of reluctant to go though, I've seen the Pirates win in person since leaving Pittsburgh in the late 90s, and that's easily a streak of 15 or so games... I don't want to curse them :(

Edit: :/

rando14

harSon said:
Just purchased my tickets to the Pirates/Giants series on Aug 8-10th. Ridiculously cheap too! I'm sort of reluctant to go though, I've seen the Pirates win in person since leaving Pittsburgh in the late 90s, and that's easily a streak of 15 or so games... I don't want to curse them :(

Wow that sounds awesome! It seems to me that the Pirates would be a fun team to go see nowadays. Have fun

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Giants trade 2 minor leaguers to the Astros for Jeff Keppinger. Also looks like Brandon Belt's been called up and is starting tonight.

Sumidor

Macattk15 said:
Oh lord. Brendan Ryan's OPS is higher than Ichiro's. How the mighty have fallen :(
When he started having that stretch of multi-hit games, I thought he had turned the corner.. But now, sigh...

Fenix

Doytch said:
i hate watching aaron hill. klaw is right, hitting 36 bombs was the worst thing that's ever happened to him.
If I'm ever feeling bad about myself, I just look at that sub-600 OPS and say it could be worse.

God damn.

Doytch

Man, I was reading some of these Pirates stories on ESPN, about whether Pirates fans deserve "amnesty" because they haven't made the playoffs in 18 years. Fuck no, Jays haven't made the playoffs since 93. Lame ass fans.

XiaNaphryz said:
Giants trade 2 minor leaguers to the Astros for Jeff Keppinger. Also looks like Brandon Belt's been called up and is starting tonight.

Good pickup..They gonna play him at Short when Freddy comes back? He can get on base

Doytch said:
Man, I was reading some of these Pirates stories on ESPN, about whether Pirates fans deserve "amnesty" because they haven't made the playoffs in 18 years. Fuck no, Jays haven't made the playoffs since 93. Lame ass fans.
Lol its the 18 straight losing seasons too but yea, no amnesty. All teams go thru some tough times unless ur the Yankees and buy championships and even though had tough times
Wtf Gee fails again. Run scores.

harSon

Banned
sangreal said:
Playoffs? Pirates haven't had a 500 season in 18 years

Exactly.

Made worse by the fact that we have continually had one of the lowest payrolls (yet the team itself seemed to be extremely profitable), and seemed to have a yearly fire sale. Sucking is one thing, but when your team doesn't seem to give a shit, well, that's an entirely different thing.

If Jason Bay cannot make a productive out here with the infield back he can't play tomorrow. I'm sorry, 2nd and 3rd one out here.

EDIT: JASON BAY YOU FUCKING PIECE OF DOGSHIT GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. AND OF COURSE THE CROWD DOESN'T BOO, MAYBE IF BAY WAS LATINO THEY'D BE SHOUTING SHIT.

The Frankman said:
If Jason Bay cannot make a productive out here with the infield back he can't play tomorrow. I'm sorry, 2nd and 3rd one out here.
Is a strikeout a productive out? Get this guy out of here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom