• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

This is the first time I watched a one pitch game. Had work, just got home. Only one pitch and a pop-out to end the game. Fack.

EDIT: I missed Miller Time. :(

Sanjuro

I like Fenway. I don't like the fact I'll never get a new ballpark I would love in my lifetime.

Ellsbury is a beast. I still don't see how Yankee fans can think Granderson is better.

So Buster Olney says the team that makes to most sense to acquire Beltran ... is the Pirates.

Now that's interesting. Mets have already said they'd pick up most of the money is a deal, they just want an A and a decent B. Could my prediction be coming true? Don't piss off McCutchen Pittsburgh! :D

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
turnbuckle said:
Tigers received Wilson Betemit from the Royals.

Looks like the Inge nightmare may finally be over
Still, it's Wilson Betemit.

Really looking forward to the Tigers coming to Target. Hopefully the Twins got the ass bats out of their system Monday & Tuesday.

Also, apparently the Braves are close to a deal for a right handed OF bat. Am I wrong for hoping it's Delmon? Like, desperately?

jakncoke

Banned
The Frankman said:
So Buster Olney says the team that makes to most sense to acquire Beltran ... is the Pirates.

Now that's interesting. Mets have already said they'd pick up most of the money is a deal, they just want an A and a decent B. Could my prediction be coming true? Don't piss off McCutchen Pittsburgh! :D

I'd be curious what we give up if we do in fact move ahead and try and get him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lambtron said:
Still, it's Wilson Betemit.

Really looking forward to the Tigers coming to Target. Hopefully the Twins got the ass bats out of their system Monday & Tuesday.

Also, apparently the Braves are close to a deal for a right handed OF bat. Am I wrong for hoping it's Delmon? Like, desperately?

It'll be Gomes.

And the Twins bats are just ass. Their #3 hitter is on pace to hit a whopping 0 homers. With a lower ISO than Juan Pierre.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
And the Twins bats are just ass. Their #3 hitter is on pace to hit a whopping 0 homers. With a lower ISO than Juan Pierre.
And he was hurt for basically the entire first 3 months of the season. Just like pretty much every other good hitter in the lineup. Besides, Mauer doesn't need to hit home runs to be an effective piece of the Twins lineup.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Macattk15 said:
God Justin Smoak. You really fucking suck compared to the beginning of the year.

Seriously it's absolutely stunning that a rookie (edit nm had more ABs than I figured last year) couldn't manage to maintain his .920 OPS that he started the year with throughout the entire season.

Macattk15

Doytch said:
Meh, either you buy saber stats or you don't.

Well thanks for taking the lead early tonight. You have salvaged my wasted Mariner watching night.

darkside31337 said:
Seriously it's absolutely stunning that a rookie (edit nm had more ABs than I figured last year) couldn't manage to maintain his .920 OPS that he started the year with throughout the entire season.

I don't care about him maintaining .920 ... but his OPS is steadily dropping with no end in sight. Currently at .728 .... last time he hit a HR? JUNE 12th.

Cool sarcasm bro.

Puddles

Banned
Kershaw is the real deal. He's what Dodgers fans thought Billingsley would be.

I hope his next team gives him the run support he needs to win a Cy Young someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom