• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Julio lugo PHing? really?

edit: oh hey look at that. still would have rather had conrad up there.

Doytch

I have to think there's something wrong with Cecil's delivery. He is always leaving fastballs up. Even in this game Ashby's been all over him about that.

Doytch

gDK4H.png

Not arguing about the results tonight, but you can't succeed long-term with a plot like that throwing 91.
94 even!

Deck McGuire to AA btw
Ashby said in the 9th that 92 was his top speed. Brooks has the 4SFB max at 92.9, and a sinker at 93.5. Some gun inconsistencies going on.

Enron

Banned
Khold said:
Wasn't really paying attention..was that the closer..on his first pitch?

No. It wasn't the closer.

THAT IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM.

Fuck you Freddi Gonzalez you piece of shit. Fuck you and your not-using-the-right-reliever-in-pressure-situations-and-bunting ass. Fuck you.

Whoa whoa, don't get ahead of ourselves. This team is based in Ohio, where hopes and dreams of the professional teams are crushed by the fat girls of Ohio

Square Triangle said:
Whoa whoa, don't get ahead of ourselves. This team is based in Ohio, where hopes and dreams of the professional teams are crushed by the fat girls of Ohio

Eh, at least I can say they've won a title in my lifetime.

bluemax

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
Kemp is gonna earn big $$$. Can they afford him?

He's not a free agent until after the 2012 season. He's not up for arbitration until 2012. That gives the Dodgers at least a season to get a new owner who can afford him.

The only guys under contract after 2011 are:

Ted Lilly
Chad Billingsley
Casey Blake
Jon Garland (option)
Juan Uribe
Matt Guerrier

Up for Arbitraton:
Andre Ethier
Matt Kemp
James Loney
Hong Chih Kuo
Tony Gwinn Jr
Clayton Kershaw

Ethier, and Tony Gwinn Jr will probably walk, Loney will be nontendered and that leaves Kemp and Kershaw.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dusty Baker must have loved this Sunday Night game.

Literally paired against the only manager in baseball who can make him look good.

Also Kemp is a FA after the 2012 season. Because otherwise the Dodgers would be crapping bricks and desperately be trying to trade him right now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jakncoke said:
lol asking if home plate collisions should be banned. If catchers dont want ran the fuck over move the fuck over skirts.

I'm of the belief that they should be regulated more strongly.

If you jack up the first basemen on a bang bang play at first or you literally just truck over the second baseman at a play at second your ass would be suspended. Next time there is a close play in a Red Sox - Yankees game, Gardner should just tackle Pedroia to try to separate ball from glove instead of trying to slide in under the tag.

The logic that the Catcher is fair play at the plate because he's wearing equipment designed to properly withstand 95 MPH heat coming at him and not a 220+ pound man running full speed down the line at him is freaking insane.

If the catcher is literally on the plate, fine whatever knock him out. But there are simply too many plays in baseball where the catcher is getting jacked up when he's a good 2-3 feet away from the plate and there is a clear and open path for the runner to get through.

eznark

Banned
Close to a two week west coast road trip against three teams with .500+ records and the Brewers come home still with a share of first?!

feelsgoodman.gif

Umps should be judged after every season and whoever fails to meet goals to keep their job gets demoted. Fuck that shit. Overhaul the ranks. Get young, atheltic guys who are the opposite of Joe West.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CygnusXS said:
So, Dave Cameron has cancer. Yet, somehow, he still comes across as a douche in that article.

That's kind of rude. I don't even see how that even remotely comes off as douchey, but then again I'm used to and enjoy Dave's snark.

As Kevin Goldstein tweeted this morning, I hope Dave beats his cancer like opponents have been beating his beloved Seattle Mariners.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Klaw has it right on catchers: Just start calling the obstruction rule that's already in the friggin rulebook.

Really would be that easy.

Catcher blocks plate, runner is safe.

Runner who obstructs a fielder trying to make a legal play at a base is automatically out.

So if the catcher is three feet off the line and you proceed to light him up then you're automatically out.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
darkside31337 said:
That's kind of rude. I don't even see how that even remotely comes off as douchey, but then again I'm used to and enjoy Dave's snark.
Eh, I wish the guy nothing but clean health and a speedy recovery.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Busta

Right now, all signs point to Atl refusing to give up any one of their 4 core pitching prospects for Beltran:Teheran,Vizcaino,Minor, Delgado

Looks like Wren ain't that dumb.

This on top of a tweet from him on of both the Phillies and Braves scouts at Cincy to catch the Mets game tomorrow night. Don't think they are there to scout Justin Turner.

Use the minor league system for umps. Whoever doesn't meet job requirements after a season or two gets demoted and promote the top umpires from AAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom