• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkside31337 said:
Via MLBTR

Blue Jays announce Rasmus deal. Cards also get 3 players to be named later or cash considerations.

Didn't hear anything about the 3 PTBNL being involved in the deal before. Possibly makes the deal less sucky for the Cards depending who is in it.
it's ptbnls. aka nobody special

eznark said:
Marc Rzepczynski seems like he might be decent, did the Blue Jays ever try to start him?

They did. He was solid in his first year, had serious control problems in his second, and couldn't make the rotation out of ST this year despite being given a shot.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Joe Shlabotnik said:
Couldn't you argue that for every minor league player traded, ever? Sounds like total conjecture.
True, but ever since the Nathan/Liriano debacle the SF front office have been pretty spot-on with their pitching evals on minor leaguers they end up trading away.

bluemax

Banned
eMVKd.png

Gotta love that Yankee strike zone.

eznark

Banned
DoctorPayne said:
They did. He was solid in his first year, had serious control problems in his second, and couldn't make the rotation out of ST this year despite being given a shot.

Cool, thanks. I think he is an interesting possibility.

Also, Maximum is reporting that Brett Lawrie and Kyle Drabek are on the PTBNL list.

Speaking of PTBNL lists, the Mets have a 9/1 deadline to pick two Brewers players.

I wonder if Rasmus makes it to Toronto for the game tonight........

I bet he does. He's been dying to get out of St. Louis for 3 years, no doubt he hopped the first plane.

Marleyman

Banned
clemenx said:
That sounds something like the other team would say, hah!

But Tim Alderson is a good example, incredible how he went into sucking.

Considering the Pirates track record with high-end young pitchers(I believe we selected 7 1st round pitchers in a 10 year period at one point) and Alderson's problems fall more on them.

ConradCervantes said:
Congrats to Ervin Santana. And to sf2fanatic, I understand the Angels are his third or fourth favorite team.

I root for 2 Angels,Dodgers. Angels til Mikey retires!!! Hes the true Dodger

My 3rd team is any player in my fantasy baseball team

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Has he been right on any of these yet?

He nailed the Rzepcynski / Dotel part of the trade well before anybody else, and was calling Wheeler-Beltran when everyone was thinking Brown-Beltran.

Source: The Cubs trying to nudge the Yankees into taking Carlos Zambrano, offering up money to offset his salary

Zambrano in New York. I'd love to see that.

Looks like the Giants are getting Beltran. I'm kind of relieved. I was worried Frankie Wren would freak out and overpay for Beltran now that McCann is out for a few weeks.

SaskBoy

eznark said:
Marc Rzepczynski seems like he might be decent, did the Blue Jays ever try to start him?

In '09 and '10 he got 23 starts. Decent K/9 (8.8 and 8.1) but the walks hurt him (4.4 and 4.1 /9)

I think I he could make a decent starter. It sucks to see him go but I am excited we got Rasmus!

Doytch

SaskBoy said:
In '09 and '10 he got 23 starts. Decent K/9 (8.8 and 8.1) but the walks hurt him (4.4 and 4.1 /9)

I think I he could make a decent starter. It sucks to see him go but I am excited we got Rasmus!
Outside shot at an NL Cy Young.

Doytch

Klaw lovin' the deal for Toronto, on Baseball Today and Insider.
Looking at this White Sox-Blue Jays-Cardinals deal as a single, three-team swap, I love what Toronto did, don't understand what the Chicago did and like St. Louis' short-term gain but neither the cost nor the signal about their internal priorities.

How well is Zambrano doing this year? If the Cubs will pay me and give me some good stuff to take him, I am not sure I'd be mad...especially if I can keep most of my top prospects to do it.

Macattk15

Mike Carp. The guy who should of been the DH at the start of the season for the M's comes through.

Please don't lose this somehow guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom