• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

pYNBI.png

mX1mJ.png

lols

I think you guys are massively overrating Rasmus. And this is coming from a guy who wanted the Mets to throw the kitchen sink at getting him last year. Dude is Angel Pagan with less speed/more power.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Colby Rasmus is underrated if anything and definitely not overrated.

I'll put more stock into Colby absolutely tearing it up in new scenery and improving by getting the hell away from TLR than I would into stock of Colby being a "bad guy" and "not getting it".

Put me in the this is Yuni 2.0 camp.

Macattk15

MisterNugNug said:
Its the Mariners.

Indeed. Why is Felix still pitching also? Already over 100 pitches .... he is on pace to throw the most pitches he has ever thrown this year. Give him a break ... up by 6.

Unless the LaRussa spat mindfucked him yeah, he's overrated. Maybe a change of scenery will put him back to the 30-100 projection people once thought he'd easily be on.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
I think you guys are massively overrating Rasmus. And this is coming from a guy who wanted the Mets to throw the kitchen sink at getting him last year. Dude is Angel Pagan with less speed/more power.
mdSxC.jpg

Maxim726X

eznark said:
Holy shit. Minaya is the king of retarded contract clauses.

There has been talk that Hunter Pence is available and it that is true it certainly hurts the Mets. I could definitely see a team giving up a #5-8 org. prospect for Pence. He's been a little hobbled earlier in the year which hurt his defense (which is dragging down the ol' WAR in comparison to Beltran) but his age makes him significantly more valuable than Beltran.

Mets fans thinking they can get a top three prospect for 3 months of a 34 year old outfielder are nuts. Especially once you start looking at someone like Iglesias. The Red Sox have been hampered at short for a decade, they finally have someone coming up, and you think they are going to trade him for a short term upgrade at a relatively easy upgradable position? If so, they'll go for someone who they can confidently extend like Pence, not an aging guy with a knee condition who they'd have no real interest in extending.

Looking just at the Red Sox I'd say the Beltran range is more like a Solmy Pimentel (the fuck happened to him this year?!) or Alex Wilson. Young arms at the AA level who are considered marginal prospects. Maybe a major league "ready" guy who has no real place in the Sox org. at this point like Weiland or Doubront.

If I'm a Mets fan I'm probably content with one of Pimentel/Wilson and one of Weiland/Doubront. I think that's the ceiling.

LJ11 said:
I think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment, I'll be happy with a solid arm we can throw in the pen.

CygnusXS said:
Wheeler?!? No way. Belt? Fuck no. Bumgarner? Insane. Romo, maybe.

eznark said:
I think I was too hard on you yesterday. You weren't purposefully trying to spread bullshit, you are just a genuinely optimistic fan. I think you're really setting yourself up for disappointment here though. Listen to LJ, he knows of what he speaks. Getting a five start arm for half a year of Beltran (with no arb) will not ever happen.

Vindication. I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING.

eznark

Banned
Maxim726X said:
Vindication. I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING.

I will eat crow, but just a little bit. While Sickels has Wheeler in the top three (which I scoffed at you for) he still gives him a B rating.

In most other systems, Wheeler is not a top three. (In the Brewers system, he would be 100x better than the next best guy).

Since we were talking specifically of the Red Sox I said Pimentel, who grades out at B-...so I wasn't too far off.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Holy Shit, Werth not playing tonight.

Hairston LF, Cora SS, Zimmerman 3B, Morse 1B, Nix RF, Espinosa 2B, Ankiel CF, Flores C, Hernandez P

I was considering heading out to the ballpark tonight, and hell, maybe I should. Embarassing looking lineup, especially at the top like always.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Joey Fox said:
Holy Shit, Werth not playing tonight.

Hairston LF, Cora SS, Zimmerman 3B, Morse 1B, Nix RF, Espinosa 2B, Ankiel CF, Flores C, Hernandez P

I was considering heading out to the ballpark tonight, and hell, maybe I should. Embarassing looking lineup, especially at the top like always.

Dude, we finally cut Stairs. It is time to celebrate.

Doytch

Bitch move: Putting someone on ignore.
Bigger bitch move: Saying you put them on ignore.
Biggest bitch move: Obliquely saying you put them on ignore.

Soft, Frank.

Maxim726X

eznark said:
I will eat crow, but just a little bit. While Sickels has Wheeler in the top three (which I scoffed at you for) he still gives him a B rating.

In most other systems, Wheeler is not a top three. (In the Brewers system, he would be 100x better than the next best guy).

Since we were talking specifically of the Red Sox I said Pimentel, who grades out at B-...so I wasn't too far off.

Come on. Wheeler is a stud... Great FB, better curve, and an above average change.

For a rental.

And Sickels is the only one that has him 3rd in the depth chart (which would now be second since Belt is in the majors, but that's just semantics at this point).

Doytch said:

Soft, Frank.
I find when someone brings nothing to the discussion outside of weak troll posts like a diseased mound of flesh it's better to cut it off. pollo and triumph found out this lesson far too late.

Lineup72711.png

NOOOO Beltran not in lineup!

Doytch said:

Soft, Frank.

he's from brooklyn. it's standard fare.

eznark

Banned
Maxim726X said:
Come on. Wheeler is a stud... Great FB, better curve, and an above average change.

For a rental.

And Sickels is the only one that has him 3rd in the depth chart (which would now be second since Belt is in the majors, but that's just semantics at this point).

my shame is deep

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Maxim726X said:
And a lot of people thought Tim Alderson was the safer bet over Bumgarner. Just have to wait and see!

XiaNaphryz said:
And a lot of people thought Tim Alderson was the safer bet over Bumgarner. Just have to wait and see!
So two weeks ago Giants fans called him untouchable. Now he's a bum...

RIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT... and PowerPros is the #1 baseball game on on PS3.

Bottom line, Giants panicked when the heard Rangers stepped up their offer to the Mets (Jon Heyman confirms this). That's why they offered Wheeler.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
I find when someone brings nothing to the discussion outside of weak troll posts like a diseased mound of flesh it's better to cut it off. pollo and triumph found out this lesson far too late.

Free pollo

PowerPros is on the PS3?

eznark said:
Free pollo

PowerPros is on the PS3?
It was my understanding that after the PS2 version awhile back it was going to go multiplatform with enough success. However it really didn't have ANY success + the release date sucked. If they actually spent time developing it it could've been a nice game, their version of Road To The Show was FUNNY.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
sazabirules said:
Dude, we finally cut Stairs. It is time to celebrate.

Well, we still only have one batter above .300, so it's hard to get too excited.

The lineup shakeup today looks like a panic move, but things can't get much worse than they've been. At least DJ has the balls to bench Werth, and maybe he had something to do with the Gomes trade by pushing to DFA Stairs.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
It was my understanding that after the PS2 version awhile back it was going to go multiplatform with enough success. However it really didn't have ANY success + the release date sucked.

The Wii version was fantastic aside from the fact that the developers had apparently never seen an MLB game and randomized player ratings...and it was on the Wii.

I played the shit out of the creepy dating/career sim though.

XiaNaphryz

The Frankman said:
I never said anything of the sort, and as everyone around here seems to think most of those fans probably just started watching last Fall, know nothing of the farm system other than tidbits they read online, or both. I've seen plenty of "sure fire" pitching prospects not pan out to know to not get too attached.

And they never released Power Pros on the PS3.

The Frankman said:

RIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT... and PowerPros is the #1 baseball game on on PS3.

Bottom line, Giants panicked when the heard Rangers stepped up their offer to the Mets (Jon Heyman confirms this). That's why they offered Wheeler.

Fucking lies. Not even on the PS3. If t was it would be the best.

The Frankman said:
It was my understanding that after the PS2 version awhile back it was going to go multiplatform with enough success. However it really didn't have ANY success + the release date sucked. If they actually spent time developing it it could've been a nice game, their version of Road To The Show was FUNNY.

This.

I loved going to Patty for hot dogs. And ghost girl. And the mad doctor. And fucking ninjas. Gyroball unlock.

Quite a few of you are missing the joke I'm making about PowerPros apparently...
eznark said:
The Wii version was fantastic aside from the fact that the developers had apparently never seen an MLB game and randomized player ratings...and it was on the Wii.

I played the shit out of the creepy dating/career sim though.
Creepy? That was fucking awesome! Especially when I was dating that chick from Think Tank University whose idea of a good time was giving me math homework? WTF was that?

You know, it's bad enough I was on the verge of failing midterms and I wasn't making enough money at my shitty job to buy the cleats I need or get a new aluminum bat that would give me +2 POWER, after all the gifts I give her SHE DIDN'T PUT OUT???

All that game was missing was the button that allowed you to smack a bitch up.

Maxim726X

XiaNaphryz said:

You're right, of course... But that could be said of any prospect.

Fact is, the Mets lack pitching depth and they just got one of the best pitching prospects in the game for 2 months of Carlos Beltran (oh and a minor aside- The Mets sent only 4 of his 6 million remaining, which leaves up cash to sign Nimmo, their first overall pick this year).

I couldn't be happier. Point is, this is the BEST possible scenario. Proud to be a Mets fan right now.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Creepy? That was fucking awesome! Especially when I was dating that chick from Think Tank University whose idea of a good time was giving me math homework? WTF was that?

You know, it's bad enough I was on the verge of failing midterms and I wasn't making enough money at my shitty job to buy the cleats I need or get a new aluminum bat that would give me +2 POWER, after all the gifts I give her SHE DIDN'T PUT OUT???

All that game was missing was the button that allowed you to smack a bitch up.

Fuck, now I need to rebuy that game.

XiaNaphryz

The Frankman said:
If they actually spent time developing it it could've been a nice game, their version of Road To The Show was FUNNY.
We get that Bobblehead Pro garbage instead. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom