• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM-Punk-Vince-Mcmahon.png

See? I just made the PowerPros people a couple of bucks!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
Well at least it's better than trading Span for Ian Desmond.
No it's not. Trading Span would be completely idiotic unless they're geting back Strasburg. If the Nats want a center fielder, they can have Revere. I will rage if the Twins trade Span for a fucking relief pitcher.

cuevas said:
So mlb says he did miss the call...guess I was wrong afterall

Looking at the timing, it looks like it's an easy call, but man, you really can't confirm for sure if it touched him or not.

In other words, if I was the ump, and I had been squatting all night for 19 innings... I'd make that call.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lambtron said:
No it's not. Trading Span would be completely idiotic unless they're geting back Strasburg. If the Nats want a center fielder, they can have Revere. I will rage if the Twins trade Span for a fucking relief pitcher.

Jordan Zimmermann gets no respect :(

Maxim726X

Lambtron said:

Yeah, that's a pretty dumb idea.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
Jordan Zimmermann gets no respect :(
Trading Span for pretty much anything is a completely moronic idea. Trading up the middle talent is generally not a grea idea, especially since the Twins don't have a lot of in the upper minors. I'd give them pretty much any other outfielder on the team now, but not Span. They need Span for the next year or two at the very least.

Maxim726X

JABEE said:
Twitter is saying Pence is not in lineup tonight!!! Let's go Phillies!

Edit: It might be just a scheduled day off.

Whaaaat.

They would have to gut the whole system for him. No way, I don't believe it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So the only rumors I am hearing for the braves are for corner outfielders...
Where would they play?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
So the only rumors I am hearing for the braves are for corner outfielders...
Where would they play?

I'd assume in either of the corner spots.

It's not like Hinske or Heyward are setting the world on fire. Especially Heyward.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
darkside31337 said:
I'd assume in either of the corner spots.

It's not like Hinske or Heyward are setting the world on fire. Especially Heyward.
we're not going to bench heyward. DL him, perhaps. (still think he is hurt).

Sharp

Lambtron said:
I don't think you appreciate just how bad Ian Desmond is. Storen has twice his WAR.

Checking out the Angels last 2 no hit stats...Almost similar but this one they won the game

Opponents stats

Dodgers had 1 0 2 Dodgers won game 1-0
Indians 1 0 5 LOL Ouch

dQFn3.jpg

Not surprisingly, the St. Louis Cardinals granted the apparent wish of outfielder Colby Rasmus to be sent as far away from President Barack Obama manager Tony La Russa as possible. Obviously, his wearing of an Auburn cap in the above photo was the last straw, as Joe Sports Fan reported first.

A final question: Will Rasmus take advantage of the socialized medicine available in Canada, will it affect his opinion of the current presidential administration, and might he change his T-shirt? More on this as it develops.

clemenx said:
Too bad we don't have a Cards fan for the freakout.
I don't post much but this trade is insane. DeWitt needs to step in and fucking tell Tony to stop talking to the media around the trade deadline. His comments to the press doesn't do anything but make the GM's job more difficult in trade talks.

Mozeliak needs to grow a backbone and get a fucking clue. Either the TOR GM made a shrewed move to snag Jackson before Mozeliak could finalize a trade with the White Sox for Jackson or Mozeliak is an idiot for adding a middle man in the trade. Almost reminiscent of the Ludwick/Westbrook trade of last season. Except Rasmus is more talented, younger, and cheaper than Ludwick. Ugh.

Going "all in" with such a shitty middle infield is laughable. This trade might increase the odds of making the playoffs but losing 3 years of a cost-controlled talent like Rasmus just so the team can lose to SF or Philly in the NLDS is stooooo-pid.

Doytch

For the players to be named, the Cardinals have list of players.
St. Louis can choose any three by December 31st or take cash considerations.
Nice, looks like it'll be scrap-heap dudes, not 2011 draftees.
Horsemama1956 said:
Snider looks handicapped in the field at times. I assume you mean offensively?
Y'ok.

Jody just went off on a WFAN caller who called Beltran a bust and he's wasn't clutch or a good defender in his Mets career. HILARIOUS.

I love some of these Mets fans who don't say a peep about Jason Bay, or they say "oh he's trying, he's a hardnosed player he brings it every night" but these are the same morons who boo Mike Piazza and Carlos Beltran. Jesus Christ.

nocode

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really like the cut of this Sandy Alderson character's jib. REALLY like it.

nocode

The Frankman said:
Jody just went off on a WFAN caller who called Beltran a bust and he's wasn't clutch or a good defender in his Mets career. HILARIOUS.

The callers on WFAN are THE BEST. This city is full, FULL of complete morons.

"He's had a couple of trips up, and we've been able to identify exactly what we think he needs to do to realize the talent that he is."

-Kenny Williams on Stewart.

Really like this kid. The vaunted Don Cooper effect will hopefully hit with him.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Glad we aren't getting Beltran. Give me Cuddyer plz.
Lowrie or Iglesias + a pitching prospect.

Or Lowrie/Iglesias + Bard for Cuddyer + Capps. Theo won't be able to resist another fat redneck pitcher.

Talon

John Heyman Reports a Story - How do we know if it's true?

Does the story involved a Scott Boras Client?

If yes, it's absolutely true.
If no, it's definitely false.

The Frankman said:

I love some of these Mets fans who don't say a peep about Jason Bay, or they say "oh he's trying, he's a hardnosed player he brings it every night" but these are the same morons who boo Mike Piazza and Carlos Beltran. Jesus Christ.

WFAN has turned into a refuge for THE most insane fans around. the Yankee and Mets callers with all these lunatic trade proposals and hating players but not the other has gone off the deep end.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
#Rays lineup: Jennings cf, Damon dh, Zobrist 2b, Longoria 3b, Kotchman 1b, Joyce rf, Shoppach c, Fuld lf, Rodriguez ss, Shields p

Yep. Another night of BJ Upton trade speculation.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Can't blame Hanley. Conine ran his mouth about him first. Hanley essentially said, "If you have a problem with me, say it to my face."
Hanley must have forgotten that Conine DID speak to him in his face before.

See? Hanley's not too bright.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Hanley must have forgotten that Conine DID speak to him in his face before.

See? Hanley's not too bright.

Did Hanley talk to Conine between his interview and going on the radio? If not...isn't Hanley "chicken" for not being a man and talking to Conine instead of crying on the radio?

eznark said:
Did Hanley talk to Conine between his interview and going on the radio? If not...isn't Hanley "chicken" for not being a man and talking to Conine instead of crying on the radio?
Hanley's not too bright...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom