• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vgamer

MetatronM said:
So it took them HOURS to decide that Kerry won California, but they'll jump to give Ohio to Bush while people are still voting and Cuyahoga county still isn't fully counted yet?

Like others said there would have to be over 100,000 people in line ALL voting for Kerry.

Triumph

Banned
America has failed it's national IQ test.

Oh well, there will be some serious shit going down here in the next four years. May you live in interesting times, indeed.

MetatronM said:
So it took them HOURS to decide that Kerry won California, but they'll jump to give Ohio to Bush while people are still voting and Cuyahoga county still isn't fully counted yet?
That's Fox News.

Brannon

So the guy who ravaged our healthcare, our school system, our social security, oru scientific progress, our trust with the rest of the world, our troop reserves and lied to our faces and is sticking with the lie that is responsible for so many needless deaths could be the winner?

IS THIS FUCKING TRUE?

Well wow, it looks like the United States really IS the dumbest rich nation. Congratulations.

shuri

Banned
That gay marriage ban is no different than those islamic laws that you americans are so quick on dismissing as being "laws based on obselete mentalies that shouldnt be tolerated in modern times"

I pity you guys. Your leaders are whack

Phoenix

Diablos said:
I thought we weren't going to know about Ohio until Thursday when they got all of the ballots?

I cannot believe this is happening...

Its not close enough. One could use them as toilet paper and flush them and at this point the gap is large enough that it doesn't appear that it would make any difference if they were 100% for one candidate or the other.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Bush's lead is shrinking, but I don't think it's shrinking fast enough. It's down to just 100,000.

And Kerry is leading Iowa by only 900 votes.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nash said:
What the hell were you doing voting on gay marriage proposals on the same night as a presidential election anyway?

Call me cynical, but that looks like a good way of motivating the more right-wing voter to come out and vote against it. And those voters would then also vote for Bush at the same time.

Which states had the gay marriage vote, any of the key states like Florida?
Ohio.

*screams into plastic bag until I pass out*

Iceman

"So the guy who ravaged our healthcare, our school system, our social security, oru scientific progress, our trust with the rest of the world, our troop reserves and lied to our faces and is sticking with the lie that is responsible for so many needless deaths is the winner?"

yeah, because these are all facts.

Mason

Iceman said:
talk about drama queens. you guys are hysterical.

Unfortunately, this isn't some new video game squabble. This is the future of the United States of America, and it's looking very bleak.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
America is going to shit these next 4 years.

Iraq is going to get much worse now that Bush doesn't have to worry about his approval rating, say goodbye to social security and hello to outrageous healthcare costs.

If Bush turns this country around IN THE LITTLEST BIT, I will come on here and kiss all of your neocon asses. I know this won't happen and i'll be highlighting EVERY single fuck up that happens because of this administration in the next four years. Be happy now because we are all FUCKED.

MetatronM said:
Well, Bush's lead is shrinking, but I don't think it's shrinking fast enough. It's down to just 100,000.

if bush really did get ohio and alaska bush just needs 1 MORE POINT...and its done..no matter what else kerry wins.

_thb_kb2.jpg

is how i feel

Kettch

So, any ideas as to what the problem is with the exit polling? Kerry has a lead in it over the actual votes in pretty much every state that I check. I can understand some wrong numbers with the margin of error, but not every single state going one way. They would project a Kerry win in Florida, Ohio, and New Mexico. There are clearly some errors in the system.

efralope said:
Bill Clinton signed the defense of marriage act to pander to "middle america" as well, just like Bush and Kerry are trying to do with positions not to removed from one another actually, but that could be interpreted by their own side as beneficial to their side...

Kerry was one of a small minority on senators to vote against the so-called "Defense of Marriage Act". Major props on that one. Not only that, the vast majority of anti-gay rights rhetoric and actions come from Republicans. Moronic country content with writing discrimination into the books.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for a CA proposition for secession from the US and becoming the 11th Canadian province.

Phoenix

MetatronM said:

Talk about your vote counting. I wonder how many people voting off ballot will be kicking themselves in the morning if their state if decided by such a trivial number of votes when there were thousands of votes for people who had no chance to get a job at Burger King much less win the election.

FightyF

Banned
As far as saying you aren't really going to care either way, consider this: the Bush administration has broken five international treaties in the past four years. What this country considers its strongest allies all give Bush an approval rating less than 10% (save for England, which isn't even high). The debt continues to balloon and Bush hasn't said one word about how he's going to get us out of it and you're going to be (along with the rest of us) paying it off for the rest of your life.

Hey, you're doing Kerry's job. Or rather, what he was supposed to do. I don't think he was forceful enough. He didn't drive home some of these key points. From this point of view, he deserved to fail.

C'mon, he's running up against someone known to be a tad unintelligent, and someone who's made some major mistakes during the past 4 years (9/11, Iraq War), and he's still gonna win?

Don't blame Bush, blame Kerry. *insert pic of Lance Storm here*

Dilbert

Iceman said:
talk about drama queens. you guys are hysterical.
Fuck off. Seriously.

In other news, early results from California indicate that 40% (!!!) voted yes on Proposition 65. Those of you in the state should start laughing hysterically now.

Socreges

Banned
Mason said:
Unfortunately, this isn't some new video game squabble. This is the future of the United States of America, and it's looking very bleak.
The next four years are pretty critical for the international community, too.

This doesn't have a fucking thing to do with elitism.

Matt

If Ohio and Alaska go Republican, and everything else goes Dem, its up to Congress. And Congress will go for Bush & co.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
its all those old (45 and up) white people. (not tryna come off as racist, its just my observation)

theres alot of them, you just never see them, they stay at home all day.

but come voting time they come out the wood works and vote for thier bush...and they oblivious to everything else. they just know that they like bush.

while all the young folk arent oblivious to everything and know bush is a bastard and he needs to go, but they dont vote....

<sigh>

actually they are at work all day, that's about the most uninformed post I've ever read on GA. That's saying a lot since I've been here since 98.

edit---I take that back, I agree with the final part of your post. Young people are unmotivated and lazy when it comes to vote. I'm just barely in the 18-29 group, but when I was 18 I wasn't really concerned with politics. Of course, times were much better under Clinton.

edit2---NBC JUST CALLED OHIO FOR BUSH

Mashing

This is sweet nectar to me... the more you guys whine about Bush winning the fatter I get... keep it up!

Fox News has Wisconsion and (anotehr state I can't remember) extremely close (less than 5000 votes).

Dead

well not really...yet
-jinx- said:
Fuck off. Seriously.

In other news, early results from California indicate that 40% (!!!) voted yes on Proposition 65. Those of you in the state should start laughing hysterically now.
what did prop 65 consist of?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash said:
What the hell were you doing voting on gay marriage proposals on the same night as a presidential election anyway?

Call me cynical, but that looks like a good way of motivating the more right-wing voter to come out and vote against it. And those voters would then also vote for Bush at the same time.

Which states had the gay marriage vote, any of the key states like Florida?
You're not cynical. It is a good way of motivating right wing voters. It gets them to the polls even if they weren't going to go to vote for President.

And no, Florida did not have it on the ballot (at least I don't think they did), but Ohio did.

And NBC has just called Ohio for George W. Bush. And now Alaska.

269 - 207.

Kerry MUST win every other state to force a tie.

DJ_Tet said:
actually they are at work all day, that's about the most uninformed post I've ever read on GA. That's saying a lot since I've been here since 98.

edit---I take that back, I agree with the final part of your post. Young people are unmotivated and lazy when it comes to vote. I'm just barely in the 18-29 group, but when I was 18 I wasn't really concerned with politics. Of course, times were much better under Clinton.

edit2---NBC JUST CALLED OHIO FOR BUSH

when i meant you never see them cause they are at home all day i meant when they are NOT working...

us young people work too....but when we arent working, we dotn see them at the club, cause they are at home with thier family.

sorry if you misunderstood but maybe i worded it wrong.

key example...i was a supervisor this past year over about 30 guys all over the age of 50...

and every single one of them were bush supporters and were all on bush's cock..

it was shocking cause Me, being in the 20 something, and being around other 20 somethings, all id ever hear from my peers is discontent towards bush...then when im around those 50 and up guys...its all praise to bush and it just blew me away.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom