• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mashing said:
This is sweet nectar to me... the more you guys whine [apparently including me] about Bush winning the fatter I get... keep it up!

It's nice to know that you are fine with continued use of the bully pulpit against further advances in gay rights. [/sarcasm]

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Fixed2BeBroken said:
its all those old (45 and up) white people. (not tryna come off as racist, its just my observation)

theres alot of them, you just never see them, they stay at home all day.

you mean they don't post at GAF? SHOCK AND AWE

Society said:
Bush wins.

More terrorist attacks. Hopefully they take out Texas this time.

No offense, but fuck you. I'm not going to even go into further detail. I mean, you know if Kerry got elected terrorists would back the fuck off, right?

Santo said:
This is EXACTLY why Bush is going to win reelection. You're obviously ignorant and haven't read into either side’s stances on the issues whatsoever. The difference between these two candidates is as clear as night and day.

As far as saying you aren't really going to care either way, consider this: the Bush administration has broken five international treaties in the past four years. What this country considers its strongest allies all give Bush an approval rating less than 10% (save for England, which isn't even high). The debt continues to balloon and Bush hasn't said one word about how he's going to get us out of it and you're going to be (along with the rest of us) paying it off for the rest of your life.

I could go on all day but it's worthless now. I just don't understand how people can say they don't see a difference in the candidates or that it doesn't really matter who wins. According to a Bush senior adviser speaking to the Wall Street Journal, "We're an empire now, we make our own reality." I suppose nobody cares that all empires in all of history have always fallen. But if you don't mind these neoconservatives in office leading us on the path to destruction, more power to ya brotha.

I watched every debate and voted for Kerry, yet I am EXACTLY why Bush is going to win? Yeah, that makes sense. Douchebag.

Iceman said:
talk about drama queens. you guys are hysterical.

NO. FUCKING. JOKE.
This is why I never get involved in political threads, except this one since it's the frikkin' election. I vote for Kerry, yet I am the EXACT reason Bush is getting re-elected. Bravo, GAF.

Phoenix

Nash said:
www.BetaVote.com

What if the whole world could vote in the U.S. presidential election?

Final Betavote result:
Kerry 421,770 (88%), Bush 55,242 (11%)

There are less than half a million people in the rest of the world? Shit I propose we raise an army and take the rest of the planet! :D

Iceman said:
yeah, because these are all facts.

Actually they are.

Check back to like page 5 or 6 and read the article linked there called 100 Facts and 1 Opinion about President Bush or something like that.

But I think it says alot that facts did not hold any water in this election. No accountability. You have your facts, I have mine. (Nevermind that mine are wrong, or skewed.) I say this, you say that. Take a shit in the waters of American discourse and stir that fucker up. Everyone come on in, the waters nice and murky, why don't you try and find the shoreline now...

I agree with what most people are saying here that the larger upset is the gay marriage props. failing so miserably. Just sad. Not at all what I would have pegged as the American spirit of freedom for all.

But with this I am going to bed.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Whatever happens, I'm hoping that things improve for you Yanks: improved economy, a better Iraq, more respect in the world, etc.
Just because Bush is in office doesn't mean these things can't happen...

Santo

Eminem said:
I watched every debate and voted for Kerry, yet I am EXACTLY why Bush is going to win? Yeah, that makes sense. Douchebag.

You've been saying all night how it doesn't make much of a difference who wins either way. And yet it does. I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend that. Have a good night M&M *kisses*

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Hey, I guess this was all foretold by the Bible anyways...a Roman King will be like the oppressive dominant ruler of the Earth and all that jazz.

And people wonder why religion is so important to some people. So many things have been fortold by the Bible. I won't argue that religion is the cause of MOST wars in this planet's history, but for people to say "religion is stupid" is just uninformed. I'm not very religeous by anyone's standards, but to claim that religion doesn't offer hope is stupid, to take someone's prose.

xexex

Banned
r1928048954.jpg

Vgamer

CNN just said that if Bush wins with more then 50% this will be the first time since 1958 that has happend. Is that really true? This is Huge for Bush if true as its not only a win but the strongest mandate Popular vote wise since 1958. As of right now he is at 51%.

Socreges

Banned
Enjoy the next four years, America. The rest of us, at least, can laugh at your expense, if nothing else.

I say that with a frown, believe me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Razoric said:
A tie means jack shit... he'd win it anyway because the HOR is full of repubs. It's over.
Getting 269 would at least give him some chance for something wacky and crazy to happen, as opposed to just losing outright on election day.

Santo

Eminem said:
Yeah, by voting for Kerry I fucked us over. I'm glad. Asshole.

You're really mad about this aren't you? This was directed right at ya though M&Ms. I was specifically thinking of your alias on GAF when I posted it! You rock my world! I like your ego, it's large and in charge.

AniHawk

Drinky Crow said:
Hey, hey, keep it civil. CIVIL WAR! JOHN TITOR!

Oops, just plain CIVIL. Personal attacks still won't be tolerated.

Personal attacks against board members, right? I can still personally attack Bush, right?

RiZ III said:
Fuck. This doesnt look good for Kerry. FUCK!!! Well.. I guess I better get started on building that bomb shelter :(

I read that as this:

RiZ III said:
Fuck. This doesnt look good for Kerry. FUCK!!! Well.. I guess I better get started on building that bomb

And it still made sense.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
im speaking from my real world experience....not internet shit

ah, ok. i can see where you're coming from. definitely a ridiculous more amount of anti-bush shit out there than anti-kerry/pro-bush. the anti-bush stuff was at a ridiculous level.

Santo said:
You've been saying all night how it doesn't make much of a difference who wins either way. And yet it does. I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend that. Have a good night M&M *kisses*

:lol Whatever. I'm not the one going apeshit. Go move to Canada.

And yeah, bed sounds like a good idea, thanks =)

Mason

Well the final totals won't be in any time soon. It's just too damn close to call. Bush is probably going to win. I have lost all faith in the American people.

I'm thinking about standing outside Wal-Mart tomorrow and beating the shit out of some rednecks.

And I'm checking out real estate in Canada, no joke.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow there is a Kerry upset and he wins by a few votes. But sadly it won't happen. I'm going to bed. This country fucking sucks and re-electing Bush is only a small part of it.

Socreges

Banned
Santo said:
You're really mad about this aren't you? This was directed right at ya though M&Ms. I was specifically thinking of your alias on GAF when I posted it! You rock my world! I like your ego, it's large and in charge.
Eminem is just fucking weird. Ignore the guy. He frequently takes Bush attacks to heart, but immediately asserts how he "doesn't like him or anything".

Damnit. Damnit, damnit, damnit.

I don't understand Ohio. How can a state so devastated by Bush's policies support him so much?

It has to be the Gay Marriage Ban bringing out the religious right. That's all I can think of.

There is a still a chance, but John Kerry's prospects look bleak.

Four more years of UU. . .

:(

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Lord, dear God, I'm hoping that there's something positive about Bush that I'm missing. Because I just can't understand this shit.

Cyan

Banned
-jinx- said:
Fuck off. Seriously.

In other news, early results from California indicate that 40% (!!!) voted yes on Proposition 65. Those of you in the state should start laughing hysterically now.
:lol Idiots. They way outperformed my estimate of 25%.

So... four more years of my country being ground into the dirt.

It's over boys.

Bush now winning in Iowa. Lead in Ohio is not shrinking. New Mexico is a lost cause.

It's been a pleasure experiencing these elections with you all, I will enjoy bitching about this administration for another 4 years here.

shuri

Banned
in the year 4 hours, i hope your leaders will get their shit together and actually fix North Korea. Thats why he was re-elected right? Taking care of the terrorists and rogue countries?

Phoenix

Some of these exit poll results (CNN.com) are hilarious. 16% of people voting in MA think intelligence is the most important value for a president. Of the total, 5% of those people voted for bush and 94% for Kerry.

So two trends showing up for Kerry voters - they have higher education, and they value intelligence :D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bonus points to CBS for not calling Ohio yet.

alejob

Well this Bush Victory can only mean 2 things:

1. There are more stupid people than smart people(Accorting to that thread) :D

2. The f...ing ref made the wrong call on the Packers-Redskins game!

Fifty

Phoenix said:
Some of these exit poll results (CNN.com) are hilarious. 16% of people voting in MA think intelligence is the most important value for a president. Of the total, 5% of those people voted for bush and 94% for Kerry.

So two trends showing up for Kerry voters - they have higher education, and they value intelligence :D

Yeah, but he's not a cowboy so fuck him.

fart

Savant
it's fitting that we're talking about this on a video game board, since our problem is america's problem; the inability to distinguish between our situational realities and the carefully crafted constructions of our culture is key to this pathological epidemic of ignorant jingoism we face in modern america.

what's the number one problem with america?

TERRORISTS - THE ONES THAT WEAR SKI MASKS AND SHOOT AT ME IN COUNTERSTRIKE.

GAYS - THEY'RE LIKE ANIMALS. LOOK AT THAT WILL AND GRACE ON TV

GOD - THOSE BROWN SKINNED PEOPLE WORSHIP FALSE IDOLS!!!!!!!11111

etc.

i think it is clear now that the majority of the populace does not wish to rid itself of this affliction. maybe they are content with wallowing in it like pod people or pork bellied pigs. at this point i hope only that i may attempt to escape its morass before it consumes me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom