• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Michael Moore's home right now :lol

alejob

Well this Bush Victory can only mean 2 things:

1. There are more stupid people than smart people(According to that thread) :D

2. The f...ing ref made the wrong call on the Packers-Redskins game!

Kuroyume

Banned
AMERICA IS SO FUCKING STUPID... errr I mean every state except the ones on the North East and the western border states. GOD I HATE.... HATTTTTTTTTE this country. Can't the north eastern states secede so we could form a country of non morons?

chimpychi

I think I'm getting an ulcer...I'm in shock...can it be people are willing to let this guy continue with these horrible policies and "cowboy" justice...

TheDuce22

Banned
Im wondering if anyone remembers when republicans berzerk after clinton got reelected. Somehow I am reminded of that by reading this board. I dont know how many times it needs to be said. Bush should not be president but IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

impirius

alejob said:
Hell yeah! This entire election is a referendum on that BS illegal motion call that cost the Skins a late touchdown. I fully expect the result of the game to be overturned once the election results are official.

Phoenix

alejob said:
Well this Bush Victory can only mean 2 things:

Nah, the Redskins players threw the game in the hopes of getting rid of Bush.

Mason

Am I reading this right?

============
CALIFORNIA

52% Kerry
47% Bush

28% precincts reporting
==============

Bush could feasibly still win California?! And Ohio is within about 100,000 votes with 80% reporting. If the counties that haven't reported yet are heavily democratic, it could go either way.

But I'm going to bed for real this time. I hope a miracle occurs while I'm asleep. Later.

Razoric

Banned
JW3WISF%607C4CD3@E2W,%7D4V.jpg

I wanna punch him right in the face.

pestul

Matrix said:
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Michael Moore's home right now :lol
Do you think he will retain his american citizenship after this?

I just realized one positive outcome from this travesty.. our Canadian dollar will finally pass the US dollar again! :DD :X

shuri

Banned
The fact that the whole abortion and gay marriage issue was dealt with based on religious beliefs is hilarious. And sad. I cant believe that in 2004, people are hellbent against gay people and abortions.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Im wondering if anyone remembers when republicans berzerk after clinton got reelected. Somehow I am reminded of that by reading this board. I dont know how many times it needs to be said. Bush should not be president but IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.
Like I said, the infuriating thing to me is those gay marriage bans.

CNN has called New Hampshire for John Kerry. They also have yet to call Ohio for Bush.

TheDuce22 said:

It's not the end of the world, but it's a terrible reminder of how many Americans think I am unworthy of their respect.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
when i meant you never see them cause they are at home all day i meant when they are NOT working...

us young people work too....but when we arent working, we dotn see them at the club, cause they are at home with thier family.

sorry if you misunderstood but maybe i worded it wrong.

key example...i was a supervisor this past year over about 30 guys all over the age of 50...

and every single one of them were bush supporters and were all on bush's cock..

it was shocking cause Me, being in the 20 something, and being around other 20 somethings, all id ever hear from my peers is discontent towards bush...then when im around those 50 and up guys...its all praise to bush and it just blew me away.

peace

No you're right. They aren't on GA either. I think young people are to blame for the result. They talked a lot of trash, but didn't show up to vote. It's happened before and probably will happen again. I turn 29 at the end of the month, but I didn't see more than 2 people that appeared to be younger than me go out and vote. It only took me 10 min to vote (even though I was inactive and had to fill out a new address form), but still. If you were going by the feelings of your friends and people on GA, you weren't really that in touch. People may not agree with everything that Bush has to say, but Kerry's extreme liberalism and pandering turned a great deal of people off.

What people here don't realize is that Bush is pretty damn liberal for a "republican." He's passed every bill calling for more federal spending that has hit his desk. Many hard-core conservatives are very upset with Bush. They just aren't upset with Bush enough to vote for Kerry. If the democrats had chosen a less-liberal candidate like Wesley Clark, they would have gotten more cross-over votes. They went with the polar opposite in Kerry, and it appears it might cost them the election.

Triumph

Banned
Michael Moore am crying fat tears of defeat onto gut now.

Seriously, if you people thought that what happened with Clinton was a witch hunt... hooo boy. Ol' Dubya and friends will be lucky to be able to walk upright when the criminal justice system is done with them. Lots of people are just plain going to FREAK OUT.

Mostly, I blame the media. The liberal, simpering, pussy ass media. For not standing up to this deceptive, horseshit Adminstration when they had the opportunity to do so. I can only hope that they realize it's now or never. And even now might be too late.

Fuck. I mean, I voted for Nader(in Georgia, simmer down assholes), but even I thought there was no way that the majority of America could seriously be dumb enough to re-elect this man. I guess the gay marriage ballot initiatives really worked. That is incredibly, incredibly sad.

Phoenix

Diablos said:
I think CNN is in denial. They won't call it.
Sigh...

Not until there is a statistical impossibility of having to reverse the call. That's just they are way this year. They aren't trying to be first - just trying to be accurate.

Well, here's my take.

We got out the vote alright -- well, more accurately, ROVE got out the vote. Evangelicals got mobilized -- exit polls report that the TOP issue among Republican voters was NOT Iraq; NOT terror; NOT the economy; NOT prescription drugs; it WAS PUBLIC MORALS.

There's no doubt that those little "Kerry wants to ban the Bible" flyers were 100% effective. Even if the recipients didn't believe them 100%, why would they take the chance? More importantly, though, the "gay marriage/stem cell/abortion" spike Rove hammered down the throats of the media made a huge difference in battleground states; is there ANY doubt how the voters that showed up at Ohio's booths JUST for the anti-gay marriage referendum voted in the prez race?

Lastly, as drohne pointed out on IRC, Gibson's "The Passion" showed evangelicals that they were a large and powerful force, both economically AND politically.

The ghost of Barry Goldwater smiles on America this day.

I have every intention of driving/taking Amtrak to Washington DC to join the protesters there. Lets make the next 4 years horrible for Bush.

FightyF

Banned
This is why I never get involved in political threads, except this one since it's the frikkin' election. I vote for Kerry, yet I am the EXACT reason Bush is getting re-elected. Bravo, GAF.

Bravo Eminem, rather. You've read his post a tad too quickly.

He meant that this *situation* (and he's referring to YOUR situation) is the reason why Bush is elected. He noted that in YOUR situation, you weren't educated enough on the issues. Your vote for Kerry seemed instincitive and not based on anything concrete (ie. "a change wouldn't hurt" [paraphrased] seemed like a passive attitude).

A passive attitude towards this election, towards deciding the future of America, is exactly what will hurt your nation.

chimpychi

eggplant said:
I have every intention of driving/taking Amtrak to Washington DC to join the protesters there. Lets make the next 4 years horrible for Bush.
I'm throwing eggs at his limo..fuck that asshole

pestul

Drinky Crow said:
Well, here's my take.

We got out the vote alright -- well, more accurately, ROVE got out the vote. Evangelicals got mobilized -- exit polls report that the TOP issue among Republican voters was NOT Iraq; NOT terror; NOT the economy; NOT prescription drugs; it WAS PUBLIC MORALS.

There's no doubt that those little "Kerry wants to ban the Bible" flyers were 100% effective. Even if the recipients didn't believe them 100%, why would they take the chance? More importantly, though, the "gay marriage/stem cell/abortion" spike Rove hammered down the throats of the media made a huge difference in battleground states; is there ANY doubt how the voters that showed up at Ohio's booths JUST for the anti-gay marriage referendum voted in the prez race?

Lastly, as drohne pointed out on IRC, Gibson's "The Passion" showed evangelicals that they were a large and powerful force, both economically AND politically.

The ghost of Barry Goldwater smiles on America this day.
POTY

DJ_Tet said:
... but Kerry's extreme liberalism and pandering turned a great deal of people off.

Can you please point to the issues where Kerry is an extreme liberal?

Just because the situation is like this;

<left>.................................Kerry.....<center>.....................................................................................................<Bush>

doesn't make Kerry an "extreme liberal".

GOD FUCKING SHIT

YOU FUCKING STUPID PEOPLE

WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM

ARE YOU RETARDED OR JUST PLAIN STUPID

SEE IF I EVER MOVE BACK TO YOUR STUPID FUCKING COUNTRY

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAH AAAH AAAH AAAH AAAH AAAH AAAAAAAH

dem

I was depressed for a bit..
But i have realized that I live in Canada, and it really affects me very little. Infact, Ive heard Bush is probably better for Canada than Kerry.

I just find it funny that Americans mock Arab countries for being overly religious.. when the same fucking thing is happening in America. I feel for rational thinking Americans.

AniHawk

DJ_Tet said:
What people here don't realize is that Bush is pretty damn liberal for a "republican."

:lol

NO.

Just no.

And Kerry was not "too liberal." He wasn't forceful enough. No one wanted to hear about the economy. They wanted to hear about Iraq.

EDIT: And public morals. DC is right on that. Dead-on.

3rdman

I'm as pissed as anybody, but there is a silver lining in this dark cloud. I've read that if Bush were to actually win today, starting Nov. 3 there would be a revolution within the Republican party. I cross my fingers that its true. Believe me, it is not only Dems that are aware of Bush's shortcomings and (God willing) retribution is just around the corner.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Drinky Crow said:
Well, here's my take.

That wasn't amongst Republican voters. That was among ALL voters. And I honestly just couldn't believe that. There is so much bad shit going on in the world, and these people are upset that Frank and John might be able to get the legal recognition that Frank and Joan get.

And that is RETARDED.

I'm so tired right now. I'm about to go to bed and pray until I pass out for a turnaround. If we're not so lucky, I look forward to seeing all you awesome people in Canada.

G'night.

Razoric

Banned
How could Kerry lose this election? My god what the fuck does Bush have to do to show the American people he is a fuckin douche? No seriously what? Kill puppies? Try to bring back slavery? Jack off on live TV? What?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i fear for what bush will do now that he doesn't have to care about approval ratings or being reelected. i was hoping to see bush's defeat face, not that smarmy shit-eating grin of his.. ugh.

i can't believe this -

rednecks win again!

Razoric said:
How could Kerry lose this election? My god what the fuck does Bush have to do to show the American people he is a fuckin douche? No seriously what? Kill puppies? Try to bring back slavery? Jack off on live TV? What?

lol....its hard for me to laugh right now but i actually laughed at the jack off on live tv thing...

Phoenix

Drinky Crow said:
Well, here's my take.

Just to keep things in perspective it was followed 1% by the economy.

Economy/Jobs (20%)
17% Bush
81% Kerry

Moral Values (21%)
78% Bush
19% Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom