• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon

Bush wins!!

GOD WHY ARE PEOPLE ON INTERNET FORUMS SO STUPID!!!!!!
WHAAAA!
WHHAAAAAA !
WHAAAAAAAAA !
0018-0311-0620-2140_SM.jpg

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
fucking idiots vote for bush....guess who gets bombed by the people he pisses off.....New York, Chicago, DC, California...thanks alot assholes.

Mason

Were they standing outside the Shania Twain concert and NASCAR race with voter registration forms? How did this happen?

TheDuce22

Banned
At least I can sleep well tonight knowing Micheal Moore is sitting in a Dennys somewhere stuffing pancakes down his throat while he cries his eyes out. That thought alone is almost worth having to deal with Bush for another 4 years.

julls said:
i fear for what bush will do now that he doesn't have to care about approval ratings or being reelected. i was hoping to see bush's defeat face, not that smarmy shit-eating grin of his.. ugh.

i can't believe this -

rednecks win again!

This really just reaffirms his "God-given" viewpoint, that he can do whatever the fuck he pleases, and he's got his nation's backing. That's more disappointing than anything.

Phoenix

f_elz said:
People are voting in OH, and FL still!

Its not enough people to make a difference. In Florida in particular there would have to be over 300K people still in line... and no, that's just not the case.

Sigh.

I'm pretty fucking depressed right now. Something needs to change in the Democratic party; they're simply getting raked over the coals right now by this "conservative" country.

As Drinky alluded to, it's all about morals now. No amount of facts or wrongdoing by this current administration could have changed their mind. They simply see the democrats as too progressive and not grounded in "BIBLE BELT MORALS WITH NICE FAMILY".

Finally, props to Bush. Even though I hate the bastard, I'm gonna support him since he is our president, and you can bet your ass I'll be on his ass should he continue to make stupid decisions. Hopefully, in an attempt to shape his legacy, he reaches across the aisle more to unite this country. That may be too big of a dream, though.

PS - could a mod change my handle back to "Incognito"? Thnx..

Razoric

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
At least I can sleep well tonight knowing Micheal Moore is sitting in a Dennys somewhere stuffing pancakes down his throat while he cries his eyes out. That thought alone is almost worth having to deal with Bush for another 4 years.

:lol

Ahh I needed that.

impirius

Fox News says that the Kerry camp is officially disputing the networks' call of Ohio.

Funny that Fox was the first network to call Ohio for Bush, then MSNBC, and CNN will be the last.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
Doc Holliday said:
fucking idiots vote for bush....guess who gets bombed by the people he pisses off.....New York, Chicago, DC, California...thanks alot assholes.

What you mean terrorists dont want to blow up the heartland where freedom lives?!

DJ_Tet

Banned
Sal Paradise Jr said:
Can you please point to the issues where Kerry is an extreme liberal?

Just because the situation is like this;

<left>.................................Kerry.....<center>.....................................................................................................<Bush>

doesn't make Kerry an "extreme liberal".

I like the raising taxes as a prime example. The situation is NOT like that, get real.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TheDuce22 said:

Honestly, that thought made me really happy. :D

FightyF

Banned
Infact, Ive heard Bush is probably better for Canada than Kerry.

This is actually true. Even though most of us think low of him (according to polls), Bush will be better for us when it comes to our economy.

Kerry would have meant less job outsourcing to Canadians (more call centres are coming here, it's not just India getting them all), and more restrictions on trade (especially on the cattle industry). He was going to improve the American economy but it would have hurt ours.

Diablos

Phoenix said:
Its not enough people to make a difference. In Florida in particular there would have to be over 300K people still in line... and no, that's just not the case.
What about those 250,000 ballots lost that were supposed to be democratic? They cannot forget about those and that could make kerry win the election

The stem cell thing killed Kerry I think. I've gotten so much crap in my inbox from evangelical relatives with all sorts of quotes from archbishops and whoevers saying VOTING FOR KERRY IS A MORTAL SIN and other such fun.

It's such bullshit too, because the issue came up while Bush was in office and no one ever got a chance to vote on it.

Mashing

impirius said:
Fox News says that the Kerry camp is officially disputing the networks' call of Ohio.

What the hell good is doing that? The networks don't decide shit... smacks of desperation

DJ_Tet

Banned
AniHawk said:

NO.

Just no.

And Kerry was not "too liberal." He wasn't forceful enough. No one wanted to hear about the economy. They wanted to hear about Iraq.

EDIT: And public morals. DC is right on that. Dead-on.

You may not agree, but Bush never saw a spending measure that he didn't approve. He's more liberal than his base wants him to be. I've wondered why he has bent over backwards the last three years for liberals when it didn't buy him a damn bit of support. Hopefully these next four years will go a little bit better.

chimpychi

Razoric said:
How could Kerry lose this election? My god what the fuck does Bush have to do to show the American people he is a fuckin douche? No seriously what? Kill puppies? Try to bring back slavery? Jack off on live TV? What?
that's what I don't get!!..he's like "America's Tard"..every stupid, irrresponsible thing he does is okay...just pat him on the head and say "AWW!, that's our boy"..what the fuck..how do people not see how horribly this country is being run...and a big "FUCK YOU" to single issue people who vote Bush just because he says he's for banning gay marriage...I'm so dissappointed tonight

Dilbert

For those who missed the joke, California's Proposition 65 was an earlier version of what ended up on the ballot as Proposition 1A. In the voter pamphlet which the Secretary of State mails out, Prop 65 has NO argument for it, and the argument against it says in big type, "This is an old version -- vote on 1A instead."

So, that means that the 40% of voters who said "yes" on Prop 65 are complete fucking morons.

Meier

I am LOVING these Democrat reactions all over the web... the level of depression and confusion I am encountering is a laugh riot. Can't wait to scan over this thread for any posts by MIMIC tonight... should be a real treat. :D :D :D :D

It's obvious innit:
God has decreed the George W Bush is the second coming of Christ.
Prepare adulterous liberals and infidels for your time is nigh.

Anyway another 4 years of Bush as our Prime Minister.

GG-Duo

Yeah. It's the religious vote. I spoke to a church friend and he was fixated on the gay marriage and abortion issue.

what i don't understand is how the American "fundamental" Christianity has strayed though. I'm Christian, and I grew up in a Christian family. I understand the gay marriage and abortion thing - however, there was no way I would vote for Bush if I lived in America.

So how could you guys do it? How could American Christians support Bush? I just don't understand it. HOW? Can someone please explain to me? I don't undertand this at all.

Mason

Why do some people still not understand that just because we are discussing this on Gaming-Age, it is not a game? This is serious.

EDIT: 92% of precincts reporting in Ohio. It's getting closer.

Socreges

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with Kerry's morals?

Stupid, stupid red states.

[edit: That was rhetorical. I know what they would say.]

My feelings are people in general just feel like Bush will be tougher on terror. Even if the war in Iraq was reckless, it sent a message that the US will use their military might.

Also I think there is definitely an older conservative core base in the country. The younger set tends to be more liberal, but the older folkes have more conservative values.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Fresh Prince said:
It's obvious innit:
God has decreed the George W Bush is the second coming of Christ.
Prepare adulterous liberals and infidels for your time is nigh.

Anyway another 4 years of Bush as our Prime Minister.

Czar.

Dilbert

Living in this country just got even more dangerous for anyone with any kind of intelligence or dissenting opinion. I'm seriously so angry that I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

So far, I'm disappointed with the way things are looking... I'm really looking forward to the next couple of days to see if there will be some interesting legal opportunities for the Dems...

GG-Duo said:
Yeah. It's the religious vote. I spoke to a church friend and he was fixated on the gay marriage and abortion issue.

what i don't understand is how the American "fundamental" Christianity has strayed though. I'm Christian, and I grew up in a Christian family. I understand the gay marriage and abortion thing - however, there was no way I would vote for Bush if I lived in America.

So how could you guys do it? How could American Christians support Bush? I just don't understand it. HOW? Can someone please explain to me? I don't undertand this at all.

BUT BANNING ABORTIONS MAKES THE PROBLEM GO AWAY !@!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#$RRRVVV

Shit, it's already 1:30AM and I don't even know if I can sleep now and I've got to get up for class in 7 hours. What a disappointing night.

-jinx- said:
Living in this country just got even more dangerous for anyone with any kind of intelligence or dissenting opinion. I'm seriously so angry that I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

Same here, man. It's a sad time when blind faith takes precedent over simple facts and major errors.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
chimpychi said:
that's what I don't get!!..he's like "America's Tard"..every stupid, irrresponsible thing he does is okay...just pat him on the head and say "AWW!, that's our boy"..what the fuck..how do people not see how horribly this country is being run...and a big "FUCK YOU" to single issue people who vote Bush just because he says he's for banning gay marriage...I'm so dissappointed tonight

Bush can do no wrong. None of the conservatives on this board or anywhere else would jump shit if Bush did something horribly wrong. This election just proved this. They can make excuses, but they want to see a Republican in the white house whether it is good for the country or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom