• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Reading between the lines here the article reads as "lower your asking price Michelin & we will pick you as supplier for 2011"

Formula 1 teams are set to decide between Michelin and Cooper Avon as the sport's tyre supplier from next year, according to Williams technical director Sam Michael.

He said after a meeting of the Formula One Teams' Association on Wednesday that either the French or the American manufacturer would be chosen.

Pirelli had also stated its intention to consider a return to Formula 1, but Michael suggested teams have ruled out that option.

"The conversations really, at this point, are between Michelin and Avon," Michael told Reuters. "Avon's a lot cheaper (than Michelin) but it's a less proven product although they've done plenty of highly competitive tyres.

"They are a bigger unknown than Michelin because Michelin did it (in F1) very recently. But there is a significant difference in cost and you are probably talking over three times the difference in cost to the teams.

"So that's what's being debated at the moment."

Current tyre supplier Bridgestone will leave Formula 1 at the end of this year.

Source

navanman

Looks fantastic, has been designed for great racing.

Silverstone officially opened its new Arena Grand Prix circuit on Thursday with the promise of a great venue for spectators and a big challenge for drivers.

The new infield layout, which is set to make it the quickest F1 track on the calendar, features a spectacular section that turns right at the old Abbey Bend and heads up to an arrowhead that rejoins the track on the National Straight.

The venue was given the green light by FIA race director Charlie Whiting for its F1 circuit licence earlier this week.

BRDC president Damon Hill thanked the efforts of Silverstone's chiefs in getting the track completed after it secured an extension of its British Grand Prix deal late last year, and was excited about what it meant for the track's future.

He also believes the revamped venue was a winner for both fans and competitors.

"This is a new circuit for a new generation of people to enjoy motorsport and we believe it will offer a big challenge to drivers as well," he said.

Silverstone managing director Richard Phillips said a huge effort was being made to ensure the venue was a hit with fans.

"Everything is being looked at," he said. "The banks are being addressed and everything we can do to help the fans is being looked at."

HRH the Duke of York attended the launch as a show of support for the motorsport industry that he believes is vital for the British economy.

Speaking after being offered honorary membership to the BRDC, his Royal Highness said: "I am deeply honoured about being asked to be an honorary member of the BRDC - although I have no qualifications!

"The real reason I am here to support Silverstone and the BRDC is because high performance engineering is vitally important for the British economy.

"Motorsport is right at the pinnacle of this industry, so it is through events like F1 and Superbikes that we can demonstrate our expertise.

"And I can say I hope the future will continue to be rosy not just for motorsport in the UK but also high performance engineering as a whole."

The opening was attended by a host of racing figures including Mark Webber, David Coulthard, Mike Gascoyne, Nick Fry, Christian Horner and Johnny Herbert.
_47282245_silverstone466.jpg

Source

More info from the BBC:
Silverstone has unveiled the new track layout that will host the British Formula 1 and MotoGP races this year.

The new configuration, which lengthens the track by 0.472 miles to 3.666 miles, is the first stage of a two-year development plan.

Damon Hill, head of circuit owner the British Racing Drivers' Club, said it would "provide better viewing, greater capacity and more of a challenge".

Next year will see the start-finish line moved and a new pits and paddock.

The start-finish line will be moved in 2011 to the other side of the track, making the first corner of the new complex unveiled on Wednesday the first corner of the lap.

For this year, though, the start-finish line stays in its traditional place between Woodcote and Copse corners at the northern end of the circuit and the new layout slots in towards the end of the lap.

Abbey corner, which had been a chicane since the 1994 grand prix, has been transformed into a quick right-hander, from which cars will blend into a fast left-hand kink and down to a new complex of corners.

It rejoins the previous track at the old Brooklands corner.

The new layout, which is to be officially opened by the Duke of York on Wednesday, cost £5m and took five months to build.

It follows the award of a 17-year contract to Silverstone to host the British F1 Grand Prix after years of uncertainty about the race's future.

The race was awarded to Donington Park from 2010, but the Leicestershire track failed to deliver on its obligations and F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone was forced back into talks with Silverstone.

Hill, the 1996 F1 world champion, said: "For motor racing fans it's very important to have a grand prix in your own country so there has been a big battle to fulfil the criteria for hosting a grand prix.

"This has been the result of a very long, hard battle to upgrade the facilities and provide a venue that is the best venue for drivers and fans.

"The important thing was to make it sustainable and realistic, and unfortunately the Donington project was unrealistic and wasn't able to fulfil what was needed to be done.

"So we're back here. We want to provide the very best, but it has to be sustainable.

"We've reconfigured the shape of the circuit - this is the first year of a two-year development place. For next year, there will be a completely different position for the start-finish line, so the pits and paddock will be in a completely different place.

"The centre of attention, the start and finish, will all be down the other end of the circuit. We hope it will provide much better viewing facilities, greater capacity and also more of a thrill and challenge for the drivers."

I'm not a fan of adding more corners to any track. The historic characteristics of this track are completely destroyed. It's the same shit that happend to Hockenheimring.

navanman

More from James Allen on the new Silverstone layout:
The new Silverstone Grand Prix circuit was unveiled today, with a new sequence of corners on the second half of the lap which promise better overtaking, better spectating and more challenges for the drivers.

The circuit recently secured the British Grand Prix for a minimum of 10 years with the possibility of 17 years.

The new layout features seven new corners and starts with a revision to Club corner. Next is a new Abbey curve, which goes right instead of left and takes the cars back infield towards Becketts. Abbey is 15 degrees more open than Copse Corner and is therefore faster at 295km/h.

After that Farm Curve is a 275 km/h left hander, which leads to Village, a tight right hander at 116km/h, where overtaking is anticpated. This leads onto a 100m long straight to a left hander called The Loop. Here a car which found itself on the outside for Village can repass.

After that there is a corner called Aintree, which opens onto the back straight, which is 100m shorter than the Hangar Straight and equally fast. This leads into Brooklands, which is quite different in character for the F1 cars now, as the apex is much later. Club racers have used Brooklands in this configuration for many years and it has always produced a lot of overtaking.

The lap length has increased from 5.1km to 5.9km and is faster than the old layout with an average lap speed of around 250km/h, maintaining Silverstone’s reputation as a high speed track.

Silverstone is 92% sold out for this year’s Grand Prix. It has also been inspected yesterday by the FIA’s Charlie Whiting and has received its licence for the next three years.

Unlike most modern F1 tracks, the new Silvestone has been designed, not by Hermann Tilke, but by London based firm, Populous. They also designed the new Wembley Stadium, Ascot, the Emirates stadium and the 2012 Olympic Stadium. Populous like to think that they are more focussed on fans experience than their rivals.

Red Bull’s Mark Webber was at the launch and approved of the new track, “It’s been a brilliant circuit for years,” he said. ” The new section looks like it has a mix of high speed corners and a more technical section. It’s also undulating, so a good mix all round and it should suit the Red Bull car.”
Silv3.jpg

Source

Pimpwerx

Sounds like a terrible. Idea. But at least it's not Tilke, so I'll give it a shot. If they've ruined Silverstone, then we can add Populous to the list of legend killers. :( PEACE.

TylerD

alonso-thumbs.jpg

It's not terribly uncommon for famous people to insure a body part (or, ya know, a pair of 'em) that's necessary for them to continue moving forward with their career. For instance, we have no qualms whatsoever with Heidi Klum's policy that insures her priceless legs for $2.2 million. On the other hand, we're not so sure Michael Flatley's kickers are worth their reported $39 million policy.

Sports figures are also keen to keep their body parts in good working order; David Beckham's legs and feet are insured for the princely sum of $70 million. Apparently, we can add Formula One racing star Fernando Alonso to the aforementioned list, as his thumbs are now protected with a £9 million (nearly $14 million U.S.) policy from Ferrari F1 sponsor Santander.

Says a spokesperson for Alonso, who is currently tied with Lewis Hamilton for third place in the F1 Driver's Championship:
Alonso's thumbs are a big symbol as, apart from being essential when driving a Formula One car, they represent a sign of victory and that everything is under control and well protected.
Thumbs up, Alonso.

:lol Not really that funny but I got a kick out of the statement from Alonso's spokesperson.

Ferrari F1 barcode a ‘smokescreen for cigarette adverts’ (from: The Times)

Ferrari-F10-06s.jpg

Leading doctors are demanding an immediate government inquiry into “subliminal” tobacco advertising on Ferrari’s Formula One cars, and the company’s $1 billion relationship with the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, The Times has learnt.

The red, white and black bar code emblazoned on Ferrari’s racing cars and its drivers’ overalls is designed to remind viewers of a packet of Marlboro cigarettes, it is claimed. Under EU legislation it is an offence for a tobacco company to sponsor sporting events.

Yesterday a spokesman for the European Public Health Commissioner said he thought that Marlboro’s approach constituted potential subliminal marketing. He urged the Spanish and British governments to ascertain whether the world’s second-biggest tobacco company might be in breach of the law.

Formula One teams are due to fly into Spain for the European leg of the season which begins in ten days’ time. The British Grand Prix is on July 11.
Related Links

Don Elgie, chief executive of Creston, which owns the advertising agency DLKW, said he thought that the bar code was subliminal advertising — where a brand is so recognisable that consumers can be reminded of a product without actually seeing it.

John Britton, a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and director of its tobacco advisory group, said: “The bar code looks like the bottom half of a packet of Marlboro cigarettes. I was stunned when I saw it. This is pushing at the limits. If you look at how the bar code has evolved over the last four years, it looks like creeping branding.”

Gerard Hastings, director of the Centre for Tobacco Control Research, said: “I think this is advertising. Why a bar code? What is their explanation?”

Frank Dobson, who was Health Secretary between 1997 and 1999, also called for an inquiry. Mr Dobson, now a backbench Labour MP, said: “The tobacco firms were working out years ago how they could advertise if there was a ban on tobacco advertising.”

Spokesmen for Sir Liam Donaldson, the Chief Medical Officer, and the Department of Health refused to comment. A spokesperson for the BBC, which has a contract to broadcast Formula One, said: “We are confident that Formula One, and as a result our coverage of Formula One, is fully compliant with regulations.”

In September 2005 Philip Morris, the maker of Marlboro, extended its financial backing for the Ferrari team until 2011, despite the ban on cigarette branding on cars racing in the European Union. The contract is understood to be worth $1 billion over ten years and Philip Morris said Ferraris would not carry Marlboro branding where there was a ban.

A spokesman for the Italian car maker said: “The bar code is part of the livery of the car, it is not part of a subliminal advertising campaign.”

Asked about the Philip Morris contract he said: “$100 million [a year] is not a correct figure. We do not disclose the figure — the figure you mention, it is lower.”

Ferrari is the only Formula One team with a tobacco brand in its formal title, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro. Its logo also has the bar code and its drivers, Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, wear overalls bearing the bar code next to the Ferrari logo on each arm.

Philip Morris said: “We are confident that our relationship with Ferrari does not violate the UK 2002 Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Act. The Formula One Grand Prix in the UK does not involve any race cars, team apparel, equipment or track signage carrying tobacco product branding. The same is true for all other Formula One races across the world.”

I thought it was pretty clear that the "barcode" was just an evolution/disguise for the Marlboro logo...

DarkJC

As a newcomer to F1 I was always wondering what that barcode pattern was about. Definitely didn't remind me of Marlboro though, but probably because I don't smoke.

DarkJC said:
As a newcomer to F1 I was always wondering what that barcode pattern was about. Definitely didn't remind me of Marlboro though, but probably because I don't smoke.

Before the ban on cigarette advertising in F1, they were using the "barcoded" logo in races held in countries that didn't allow tobacco advertising. Every team with a tobacco sponsor was used to disguise the cigarette logo/name in some way or another (West became East, Benson & Hedges became Buzzin' Hornets and so on). The barcode disguise is pretty old too

O-McLaren-MP4-2C,-com-Rosbe.jpg

Newcomers like you, who approached F1 after 2006, are likely to be oblivious to this fact.
Ferrari's point on this (it's just part of the livery) sounds kinda ridicolous, though.

Dead Man

Versipellis said:
Ferrari F1 barcode a ‘smokescreen for cigarette adverts’ (from: The Times)

Ferrari-F10-06s.jpg

I thought it was pretty clear that the "barcode" was just an evolution/disguise for the Marlboro logo...
Ugh.

1. It was never 'subliminal'
2. The only relation to the Marlboro logo is the colours.
3. They need to unbunch their panties.

Pimpwerx

idahoblue said:
Ugh.

1. It was never 'subliminal'
2. The only relation to the Marlboro logo is the colours.
3. They need to unbunch their panties.
I think the problem is they've used this more abstract barcode since the outright ban. They've used it before, and everyone knows what it stands for. Benson and Hedges could easily replace their old Buzzin Hornets alternative with pictograms (buzzsaw and hornet) to circumvent, but people would bitch then too. I don't think Marlboro should be allowed to slide on this one. PEACE.

Dead Man

Pimpwerx said:
I think the problem is they've used this more abstract barcode since the outright ban. They've used it before, and everyone knows what it stands for. Benson and Hedges could easily replace their old Buzzin Hornets alternative with pictograms (buzzsaw and hornet) to circumvent, but people would bitch then too. I don't think Marlboro should be allowed to slide on this one. PEACE.
It is in no way a Malrboro logo though. It is not on their cigarette packets, it is on no other merchandise. What if they used a fluffy cloud? Where do you draw the line? Unless you say they can't accept any money from tobacco companies, there will be this problem.

Pimpwerx

idahoblue said:
It is in no way a Malrboro logo though. It is not on their cigarette packets, it is on no other merchandise. What if they used a fluffy cloud? Where do you draw the line? Unless you say they can't accept any money from tobacco companies, there will be this problem.
They should just make that the rule. Eliminate proxy sponsors too. PEACE.

AndyD

aka andydumi
DieH@rd said:
Was there no bonus question before Spain race on f1manager? :-/ I badly need 2 mils.

The race is next weekend. Questions usually get posted Monday before and last until Thursday before the race.

ashk

AndyD said:
The race is next weekend. Questions usually get posted Monday before and last until Thursday before the race.

The race is this weekend actually. So the question should be up today.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ashk said:
The race is this weekend actually. So the question should be up today.

That's what I meant. His statement made it seem that the race already happened this past weekend.

Pimpwerx

The nature of Catalunya is high-speed, right? I see McLaren doing well this weekend.

A lot of new bits going on all the cars this weekend too. If it rains, it will definitely be an interesting race. If it's dry, it'll probably be the usual, processional snoozer...en espanol.

I'm certain I got the bonus question, so the team I'm putting together is probably the defacto one for the rest of the top runners. I can't see anyone being able to afford Renault on chassis or engine. Force India seems like a no-brainer there. Total is the clear choice on fuel, which leaves the driver shuffle. Sutil/Liuzzi/Petrov...pick two. Unless things change and someone comes on strong ahead of FI, this seems like the easy way to max points. PEACE.

S. L.

Pimpwerx said:
I'm certain I got the bonus question, so the team I'm putting together is probably the defacto one for the rest of the top runners. I can't see anyone being able to afford Renault on chassis or engine.
huh? there were plenty of Renault runners last race already. And i'm just 1 million short for a renault engine/chassi combo :(( (assuming i get the bonus question right)

navanman

S. L. said:
the question is up

According to my quick wiki search, the answer is 13 which has to be wrong.
11 wins for Ferrari and 2 for Alfa Romeo.

The wiki Spanish GP article is:

# Wins Constructor Years Won[1]
11 Italy Ferrari 1954, 1974, 1981, 1990, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008
8 United Kingdom McLaren 1975, 1976, 1988, 1989, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2005
7 United Kingdom Lotus 1967, 1968, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1986
United Kingdom Williams 1980, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997
3 France Bugatti 1926, 1928, 1929
2 Germany Mercedes-Benz 1934, 1935

S. L.

navanman said:
According to my quick wiki search, the answer is 13 which has to be wrong.
11 wins for Ferrari and 2 for Alfa Romeo.

The wiki Spanish GP article is:

# Wins Constructor Years Won[1]
11 Italy Ferrari 1954, 1974, 1981, 1990, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008
8 United Kingdom McLaren 1975, 1976, 1988, 1989, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2005
7 United Kingdom Lotus 1967, 1968, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1986
United Kingdom Williams 1980, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997
3 France Bugatti 1926, 1928, 1929
2 Germany Mercedes-Benz 1934, 1935
+ two alpha romeo wins, so it should be 13 i think, which can't be selected as answer lol

edit:
+1 Maserati (according to the Spanish wiki page, a gp was actually held in 1930 and masarati won)
so 14

Pimpwerx said:
The nature of Catalunya is high-speed, right? I see McLaren doing well this weekend.

It has a long straight that will help the McLarens. But the most important thing on that track is downforce so should be a Red Bull track.

Timbuktu

Steppenwolf said:
It has a long straight that will help the McLarens. But the most important thing on that track is downforce so should be a Red Bull track.

Every track is a Red Bull track unless it rains or something drastic happens with the new parts.

Dead Man

S. L. said:
huh? there were plenty of Renault runners last race already. And i'm just 1 million short for a renault engine/chassi combo :(( (assuming i get the bonus question right)
I have a Renault engine/chassis combo, but I am running Mobil fuel at the moment. I think McLaren will do well here, so hopefully it doesn't cost me too much.
S. L. said:
+ two alpha romeo wins, so it should be 13 i think, which can't be selected as answer lol

edit:
+1 Maserati (according to the Spanish wiki page, a gp was actually held in 1930 and masarati won)
so 14
Okay, so 14 it is. Good work, thanks for the help.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Steppenwolf said:
Monaco could be a nightmare for Mclaren this year.

DrM said:
Monaco could be a nightmare for Mclaren this year.

yea i don't see them perform well there unless they build two cars with shorter wheelbase just for this track (used to be normal back in the old days of F1 when money and testing was no issue).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Jersey City eyes Formula 1 race
Bernie Ecclestone's big dream of a Formula 1 race in New York could be closer to reality than many people thought after plans for an event in Jersey City emerged this week.

A proposal for a race in the 1,200-acre Liberty State Park from 2012 has been put together by the director of tourism for Destination Jersey City - with the possibility of it being turned into a night event.

A document produced with outline plans for the event states: "With the incredible backdrop of the New York City skyline, selecting Jersey City for the 2012 Grand Prix Auto Race Circuit will not only boost ticket sales as the Grand Prix returns to the United States, but will [provide] striking television footage.

"To maximize the dramatic effect, Jersey City could possibly follow in Singapore's footsteps by holding the finals at night."

Organisers want the 'Jersey City' moniker in the name of the race, are seeking a five-year deal and a 3.6-mile track layout has already been sketched out.

Although F1 is keen for the sport to get back into the United States, the plans for the Jersey GP have not gone down well with everybody - with local campaigners Friends of Liberty State Park labelling the idea 'obscene' in a letter written to Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy.

Sam Pesin, head of the Friends' board of trustees, told local newspaper the Jersey Journal: "Once you have a track there, and especially with the state's finances, there would be such pressure on the state to have regular car racing there. You'd end up having the name changed from Liberty State Park to Liberty Race Track."

Mayor Healy has spoken to Pesin about the matter and issued a statement after their conversation saying: "This was a response to an overture made by Formula 1, and Jersey City is one of several cities they are pursuing. There have been a few, preliminary conversations and this is very much in the exploratory phase.

"However, this may not be something that is in the best interest of Jersey City or Liberty State Park."

The plans for the Jersey GP come a few weeks after there was fresh speculation Indianapolis could be poised to get F1 back, with former track boss Tony George present at the Chinese Grand Prix to discuss ideas.
Source
Another point of view from F1Fanatic

Kubica realistic on Renault's chances
Robert Kubica has warned his Renault team must stay realistic despite its strong start to the 2010 season.

Renault has managed 46 points in the first four races of the year, and is currently in fifth in the standings after some very promising performances, including a podium finish in Australia.

But Kubica is aware the the French squad will need a very big step to be able to fight on top.

"The whole team is working hard and it's good that we're making the most of our opportunities in the races," said Kubica.

"But it's important to remain realistic because we still need some big steps to be at the front of the grid and fighting consistently with Red Bull and McLaren in normal conditions.

"The next race in Barcelona will be another big test for us because the return to Europe is usually a turning point in the season with many teams planning big upgrades to their cars.

The Pole, however, insists there are a lot of reasons to be encouraged following the first races of the season.

"I think we should take a lot of positives from the first four races. If you had said to me at the start of the season, or even after Bahrain, that I would have scored 40 points and three top five finishes, I would have been more than happy.

"However, at the same time there has still been some frustration, especially in Shanghai where the safety car in the middle of the race definitely cost me a podium. But you have to accept that this is part of racing. Sometimes the luck goes your way and sometimes against you."

Chief race engineer Alan Permane also says the first part of the season has been positive, and admits the team has perhaps scored more points than expected.

"I think it's been a very encouraging start to the year and we've definitely maximised all the opportunities that have come our way, which is very important," he said.

"We know that our outright pace is still behind the four fastest teams, but with our strategy from the pit wall and the performances of Robert and Vitaly, we have come away with more points than we might have expected."
Source

S. L. said:

edit:
so 14
I think it's highly unlikely that pre-war GPs count. The question is "How often did an Italian team win the Spanish Formula One Grand Prix?" Formula One started in 1950, therefore the answer is 12 (Ferrari 11, Alfa 1).

Dead Man

BCD2 said:
I think it's highly unlikely that pre-war GPs count. The question is "How often did an Italian team win the Spanish Formula One Grand Prix?" Formula One started in 1950, therefore the answer is 12 (Ferrari 11, Alfa 1).
Oh. Good point. F1 is different to just a Grand Prix.

Goldrusher

I give you... the Jersey City Grand Prix.

Officially a candidate for a 2012 race, in Liberty State Park. Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty nearby, and a nice view of the New York City skyline across the river.

152095.jpg

the-view-of-lady-liberty.jpg

liberty-state-park-with.jpg

Autosport article
Bernie Ecclestone's big dream of a Formula 1 race in New York could be closer to reality than many people thought after plans for an event in Jersey City emerged this week.

A proposal for a race in the 1,200-acre Liberty State Park from 2012 has been put together by the director of tourism for Destination Jersey City - with the possibility of it being turned into a night event.

A document produced with outline plans for the event states: "With the incredible backdrop of the New York City skyline, selecting Jersey City for the 2012 Grand Prix Auto Race Circuit will not only boost ticket sales as the Grand Prix returns to the United States, but will [provide] striking television footage.

"To maximize the dramatic effect, Jersey City could possibly follow in Singapore's footsteps by holding the finals at night."

Organisers want the 'Jersey City' moniker in the name of the race, are seeking a five-year deal and a 3.6-mile track layout has already been sketched out.

Although F1 is keen for the sport to get back into the United States, the plans for the Jersey GP have not gone down well with everybody - with local campaigners Friends of Liberty State Park labelling the idea 'obscene' in a letter written to Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy.

Sam Pesin, head of the Friends' board of trustees, told local newspaper the Jersey Journal: "Once you have a track there, and especially with the state's finances, there would be such pressure on the state to have regular car racing there. You'd end up having the name changed from Liberty State Park to Liberty Race Track."

Mayor Healy has spoken to Pesin about the matter and issued a statement after their conversation saying: "This was a response to an overture made by Formula 1, and Jersey City is one of several cities they are pursuing. There have been a few, preliminary conversations and this is very much in the exploratory phase.

"However, this may not be something that is in the best interest of Jersey City or Liberty State Park."

The plans for the Jersey GP come a few weeks after there was fresh speculation Indianapolis could be poised to get F1 back, with former track boss Tony George present at the Chinese Grand Prix to discuss ideas.

Dead Man

Yeah, not likely. Other than that though, if it has to be another street circuit with no passing, that looks as good as any.

Goldrusher

moojito said:
Aren't a lot of Americans still put off F1 due to the botched Indy GP of a few years ago?
New York isn't really America anyway. There's such a diverse mix of nationalities there. Locals, expats, tourists. Much different from Indiana.

It will certainly draw bigger crowds than Turkey or China. At more expensive ticket prices.

which of these lines is supposed to be the track? The brighter one looks too fast for modern F1 cars. The darker one looks idiotic and has no decent straights.

Pimpwerx

S. L. said:
Huh? I should check the stats and see what teams outpointed me. Renault was a lot cheaper last race though. I was just a hair shy of a Renault/FI split on the chassis/engine package. But this weekend, I can't put even one Renault while keeping the drivers I suggested. Those drivers score enough to offset the difference between Renault and FI. That's my opinion anyway.

Anyone running Renault this week is sacrificing drivers. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom