• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeesss the #2 ranked Free Safety Gary Henderson Committed to USC. Suck it down assholes!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
with Joey McKnight out, im going to turn Patrick Turner into a heisman canidate. i guarantee it!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
To show you how sad alabamas passing history is i am starting to break records...career ones...

DCX

DCX
I can't believe i don't have one commit yet!!! Not one, not even a 0 star player :/ WTF? I guess after i bring the national Championship back to campus these punk bitches will start calling us!

PS: Lone, check in with the madden thread, they want to know if you're in or out

DCX

Mrbob

Wow. I did not play a good game at Michigan State. I was actually outgained 266 to 210 yards for the game. Three ints (one at the goal line to kill an 80 yard drive) and a record breaking 97 yard kickoff return for a TD in the 3rd quarter (right after they had scored) ended up propelling me to victory! Here is the sweet return!

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/277814

LiveWire

I think I just took out all my frustration with ever having thrown picks in Madden by destroying the #15 Hurricanes with 8 interceptions (6 user picks) on the way to a 66-14 blowout. :lol

So all of you who were ranked somewhere between 16-25 you can thank me for the free one spot boost. :D

Also set 3 NCAA records:

Mikell Simpson (longest run-85yds) http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/278811

(longest punt return-84yds) http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/278788

Vic Hall (longest INT return-96yds) http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/278703

And two other nice INT TD vids:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/278704

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/278846

Lonestar

I guess the battle for the SEC is this week. Me and Shawn, whoever wins has the tie breaker in the west, and odds are, will win whatever CPU games will happen.

Lonestar said:
I guess the battle for the SEC is this week. Me and Shawn, whoever wins has the tie breaker in the west, and odds are, will win whatever CPU games will happen.

Yes sir! Tomorrow night good for you and the Alabama Sabans?

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Did I get any commitments? ;)

I think you got a Soft....I finally got my kicker, and looks like I've locked up at least 2 WRs, maybe even 3. :lol I realized I probably don't need this many, but better to have them riding the pine than with you assholes!

Oh, and what's the deal with our records not being saved? I went to check my NCAA records again and Simpson's records were no longer there. :(

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fuck the other TE i wanted soft committed to another school!

It wasn't me, was it? ;)

While some of these guy's will ride the pine the first year, odds are, I'll be playing alot of them. The 2 T's, I'm hoping, will be the future for the 2 spots, as my RT is graduating, my LT is a 97 rated Junior (IRL, Andre Smith will probably leave early for the draft) I'm looking at another G to bolster that area. The WR I got early is for depth, the RB I got for team speed (he might play) He should give me a guy to at least match speed with the rest of you guy's ;P. The MLB, will either start if I use the 3-4, or could move Mclain over to an OLB on 4-3. The safety and the CB are there for depth/future.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i got 4 big recruits.... and possibly landing 3 more next week... I like recruiting more than playing the game

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This is becoming a lot like Pokemon.

"Gotta catch all thems good recruitses, boiiiii!"

Maybe next year EA will make NCAA Head Coach.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
This is becoming a lot like Pokemon.

"Gotta catch all thems good recruitses, boiiiii!"

Maybe next year EA will make NCAA Head Coach.

Real Life College Football is, in a way, like Pokemon. It's a strange collectible game. It sounds wholly unethical to think like such. Like human trafficking. But...

LiveWire

At least next season I won't have to worry about kickoff return coverage. :lol And if my offense sputters that's fine as long as I get to midfield. What's the NCAA record for longest FG?

Also, playing NCAA has gotten me hyped for the college football season. Now I actually feel like I have a few schools and players to keep track of this season.

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
At least next season I won't have to worry about kickoff return coverage. :lol And if my offense sputters that's fine as long as I get to midfield. What's the NCAA record for longest FG?

63 yards or so.

I'm laughing if you think any Kicker recruited is going to be EXCEPTIONAL. He'll probably come in as a mid 70 kicker, just barely over a 1 star or walk on kicker ;P

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
if I knew before what I know now about recruiting.. that would have been my kicker... I remember him having me number 1... but no worries.. i will not lose another recruit.. ever

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
63 yards or so.

I'm laughing if you think any Kicker recruited is going to be EXCEPTIONAL. He'll probably come in as a mid 70 kicker, just barely over a 1 star or walk on kicker ;P

Hey this is EA we're talking about. Anyone with the big foot icon in Madden puts it in the stands.

Lonestar

Except the Icons aren't in the game...

And, if the sliders stay the same, we all can kick it through the endzone on kickoffs (though, I can't remember that helping on FG's)

DenogginizerOS

Speaking of kicking, the Florida St. CPU kicker nailed a 54-yard FG against me in heavy rain with a cross wind and I missed a 37-yarder. The ball cleared the post with room to spare and it was the first points of the game. I lol'd and then I was pissed. They need to fix the kicking "fix" they did in Patch 1.

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
Speaking of kicking, the Florida St. CPU kicker nailed a 54-yard FG against me in heavy rain with a cross wind and I missed a 37-yarder. The ball cleared the post with room to spare and it was the first points of the game. I lol'd and then I was pissed. They need to fix the kicking "fix" they did in Patch 1.

It's probably good though, the game is getting you mentally prepared for the beatdown you're going to get in your own house when the Hoos come to Blacksburg. There's still time to forfeit, just let FMT know.

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:
It's probably good though, the game is getting you mentally prepared for the beatdown you're going to get in your own house when the Hoos come to Blacksburg. There's still time to forfeit, just let FMT know.
Based on how I play NCAA compared to Madden, you may be right. :lol

LiveWire

Azwethinkweiz said:
You better beat him. I don't want to have to beat him twice in the same season if he ends up going to the ACCCG.

If I recall correctly, Clemson hasn't sniffed the ACC championship in a decade. This year will be no exception. :D

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Except the Icons aren't in the game...

And, if the sliders stay the same, we all can kick it through the endzone on kickoffs (though, I can't remember that helping on FG's)

I know they're not in the game...way to miss the point.

And no, we can't all kick it through the endzone. I've only done that once with my current kicker (a junior I believe), and that was with a nice 8+mph tailwind.

Lonestar

Really? I've got an average kicker, and I'm josh brown'en it out the back of the endzone (if I hit with max power)

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Really? I've got an average kicker, and I'm josh brown'en it out the back of the endzone (if I hit with max power)

Yep, really. I'll check Hinnkebein's rating tonight and see how it compares.

So what's the deal with next season's schedule? Does FMT create it or is it auto-generated or based off of a real life college schedule? I know that your conference games are pre-determined, but how do colleges determine who the non-conference games are?

LiveWire said:
Yep, really. I'll check Hinnkebein's rating tonight and see how it compares.

So what's the deal with next season's schedule? Does FMT create it or is it auto-generated or based off of a real life college schedule? I know that your conference games are pre-determined, but how do colleges determine who the non-conference games are?

In real life, contracts are made years beforehand for a home and home series between the two schools. This also applies to cupcakes, but it's more of a "hey come to our stadium in 20xx and we'll beat the snot out of you and give a sweet payday."

In previous versions of ncaa, it just randomly generates some OOC games for you. I'm sure FMT will just change them so we play each other.

yes there are certain games i can schedule i guess. again, i kind of screwed up the schedule this year (certain games people actually wanted to play vs. cpu, not giving enough home games to some people, etc) i was just trying to get it up and running. i will be more efficient in season 2!

and i also ask that if there are ANY STIPULATIONS on your schedule please make it known, lest i will assume everything is cool and go to work on it.

p.s. everyone has the same strength of schedule, and that is what i was gunning for.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes there are certain games i can schedule i guess. again, i kind of screwed up the schedule this year (certain games people actually wanted to play vs. cpu, not giving enough home games to some people, etc) i was just trying to get it up and running. i will be more efficient in season 2!

and i also ask that if there are ANY STIPULATIONS on your schedule please make it known, lest i will assume everything is cool and go to work on it.

p.s. everyone has the same strength of schedule, and that is what i was gunning for.
What i ask for is to play out of conference games against members i didn't play this season.

DCX

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Thanks. I guess what I'm wondering is how school's try to set up their schedules in advance of making a run at a championship. Like, Hawaii was undefeated, but I guess their conference sucks so they didn't get a shot in the BCS championship? But if they had scheduled tougher (ranked?) teams and still gone undefeated they'd be a shoe-in.....I guess with az's comment about scheduling way in advance in real life it would be hard to set up an appropriately balanced schedule for when you have your best team....but I thought there was some sort of system like the NFL's that determined it. Seems like it's just all about the money. :lol

Lonestar

Or how a 2 loss LSU is ahead of me and other human teams of the 1 loss variety (nevermind that I'll lose tonight anyway)

It IS all about the Money, Livewire. Georgia actually doesn't have a schedule that lines up a championship this year. Because they have TOO strong of a schedule. Though, if they go through that with only 1 loss, or undefeated...might just want to give them the title, sans BCS championship game.

LiveWire said:
Thanks. I guess what I'm wondering is how school's try to set up their schedules in advance of making a run at a championship. Like, Hawaii was undefeated, but I guess their conference sucks so they didn't get a shot in the BCS championship? But if they had scheduled tougher (ranked?) teams and still gone undefeated they'd be a shoe-in.....I guess with az's comment about scheduling way in advance in real life it would be hard to set up an appropriately balanced schedule for when you have your best team....but I thought there was some sort of system like the NFL's that determined it. Seems like it's just all about the money. :lol

Now you know why we still don't have a playoff.

Lonestar said:
Or how a 2 loss LSU is ahead of me and other human teams of the 1 loss variety (never mind that I'll lose tonight anyway)

It IS all about the Money, Livewire. Georgia actually doesn't have a schedule that lines up a championship this year. Because they have TOO strong of a schedule. Though, if they go through that with only 1 loss, or undefeated...might just want to give them the title, sans BCS championship game.

Agreed on the borked scheduling this year. Seems like I am ahead of several one loss teams which is a little bit weird! I guess the fact I took down Florida when they were ranked #1 really boosted my SOS variable?

Doesn't make sense to me and it sucks EA couldn't have taken creative liberties with this online league structure vs. Madden. In other words, Madden should have the normal setup while NCAA should have some type of tournament structure to determine a champion at the end!

Lonestar, I'll be home and ready to rumble around 8:00 PM PST tonight. Cool for you?

Top Bottom