• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Great game Lonestar, it was a real shootout there in the first quarter when you were scoring at will on me. Luckily my defense stiffened up a bit in the second half. Ended up 49-28, but it was much closer than that score indicates!

Kinda sucks the walkover CPU is all I have left, but I'll finish out and hopefully land in a BCS game! :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
WVU needs to lose a game so i can move into the #2 ranking.

I swear if i get there im taking you down DCX

whats funny is that no matter how the top games shake out you can't say "OMFG thats bullshit and unrealistic!" because thats what the bcs is :D

p.s. all games done?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Holliday has HORSESHIT speed. I saved myself an embarrasment by knocking him out of the game in retalitation of my RB getting knocked out of the game. I hate the super speed DB's that you have. can close 10 feet on a WR insanely fast. I did as best as I could against a better team...who has a bunch of seniors compared to me, and I will win next year. NEXT YEAR.

I need to increase team speed baaaaaaad....

CB3

i got like a 4 star and 2 3 star guys to commit to USC. and none of my top guys got stolen from me either. its been a good week.

YOU CANT GET THEM ALL LONESTAR

Lonestar

That's because I'm wrapping it up. I do have a wishlist of maybe 5-7 more that I'm clearly leading on, but anymore than 13-15 committments, and I'll have to start deleting folks come offseason.

Mrbob

Keep your panties on FMT I still need to play Indiana. I'll be able to play the game later tommorrow night.

Lonestar said:
Holliday has HORSESHIT speed. I saved myself an embarrasment by knocking him out of the game in retalitation of my RB getting knocked out of the game. I hate the super speed DB's that you have. can close 10 feet on a WR insanely fast. I did as best as I could against a better team...who has a bunch of seniors compared to me, and I will win next year. NEXT YEAR.

I need to increase team speed baaaaaaad....

This game is kinda retarded though. Despite the big win I have over you; you are still ahead of me in the standings even though our overall records (and divisional ones) are the same.

And yea...Holiday is a burner and a Junior...next year is going to be fierce baby! :D

Lonestar

He's going to go pro. BOOK IT. I wonder if I could purposely lose to Auburn, and have them go to the Championship.... ;)

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what a surprise! mrbob holding us up again! were you watching project runway tonight?

he was trying to figure out how he could possibly fit 5 minutes of stat entering into his busy everyday schedule.

We need to advance before Thursday because I'm going out of town and won't be back until Sunday. Sorry, but real college football trumps the video game variety.:D

i hope mark sanchez gets hurt for cb. running up the score on these loser teams while keeping your starters in! have you no shame!

also, i just checked and mrbob, malley, and i BELIEVE livewire need to play. lets go!

Mrbob

FMT I like my cash MONEYS. I can't play when I'm not at home.

Week was advanced late sunday night.

I work 9-8 mon and tues! My two long days during the week. Don't get your vagina full of sand when you advance right before my two longest workdays during the week! :D

what happened to that dowry money you got from ming li's dad? you blew through that already!? unbelieveable. how will you ever win his approval with your irresponsible spending?

also, does anyone know how the bowls work? i want to get into the rose bowl. is that a possibility? clearly ohio state is going to the national title game, but isn't the rose bowl essentially the pac 10 "champ" and the big ten champ? cause i'm #2 in the big ten division standings, even though wisconsin is ahead of me in the overall polls. how does it work?

Lonestar

Usually yeah, #2's go to the rose if the #1 goes to the BCS game. In your situation, if you hold the tie breaker, or outright, over Wisconsin, then I can't see any reason for you to not be in there. I assume most of your losses are out of conference, right?

You also "have" to worry about the At Large BCS bowl game bids, that go to teams outside of the "planned spots" of the BCS. We should be getting a page on the news menu shortly that shows "predictions" for who is in what bowl game.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what happened to that dowry money you got from ming li's dad? you blew through that already!? unbelieveable. how will you ever win his approval with your irresponsible spending?

also, does anyone know how the bowls work? i want to get into the rose bowl. is that a possibility? clearly ohio state is going to the national title game, but isn't the rose bowl essentially the pac 10 "champ" and the big ten champ? cause i'm #2 in the big ten division standings, even though wisconsin is ahead of me in the overall polls. how does it work?

you dont want to go to the rose bowl, friend. you dont want my vengeance again.

by the way if dirty sanchez gets hurt, mitch mustain is like 1 overall point behind him :lol there is like no drop off

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i hope mark sanchez gets hurt for cb. running up the score on these loser teams while keeping your starters in! have you no shame!

also, i just checked and mrbob, malley, and i BELIEVE livewire need to play. lets go!

I played already, wtf? Unless you just advanced tonight?

Lonestar

CB3 said:
you dont want to go to the rose bowl, friend. you dont want my vengeance again.

by the way if dirty sanchez gets hurt, mitch mustain is like 1 overall point behind him :lol there is like no drop off

Not in Real Life he ain't :lol :lol :lol :lol

CB3

yeah. its great that its not like real life.

Joey McKnight is far far ahead in heisman standings that he didnt even play this week and he is still #1 :lol

LiveWire

CB3 said:
yeah. its great that its not like real life.

Joey McKnight is far far ahead in heisman standings that he didnt even play this week and he is still #! :lol

Sometimes though the CPU just will not let you win an award (or a game, for that matter). Like, in Campus Legend mode, myself as a RB for the National Champion Mountaineers scored 40 rushing TDs in a season, 23 receiving TDs, and put up 7 rushing TDs and 460 yds in the nat'l championship (against Baylor :lol) and some random RB from OU wins the Heisman with 16 rushing TDs and 8 receiving TDs.

DMczaf

mn-qbtrackerxx_p_0498836555_part1.jpg
2cdwlci.jpg

I'm just sayin'!

Mrbob

It will be a sham if you end up with a better bowl game than me.

I've got two top 10 team wins. I've won at the hardest stadium in the nation (LSU), I'm ranked higher. I have two more wins and two less losses. Your victory against me was a bunch of garbage as well! You don't deserve the rose bowl!

Mrbob said:
It will be a sham if you end up with a better bowl game than me.

I've got two top 10 team wins. I've won at the hardest stadium in the nation (LSU), I'm ranked higher. I have two more wins and two less losses. Your victory against me was a bunch of garbage as well! You don't deserve the rose bowl!

Your lag induced win has significantly weighed down the impact of your win. The BCS gods have spoken! :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
my game was finished at like 6am.... Sorry I had CB3's girl in the camel clutch all night, but all is well. we can advance... I want to see what recruits are down

Mrbob

How do you guarantee a BCS bowl at large bid? Don't you have to be in the the top 8 in the BCS rankings? Or is it the top 10?

Lonestar

"As in the current BCS arrangement, no more than two teams from the same conference may play in the BCS bowls in any particular season."

Hmmm, so OSU is in the BCS, and if FMT has the lead on #2...

looks like it's the Capital One bowl for you!

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_selection_procedures.html
Whether or not the game actually has these rules in there or not, I do not know, but these are the rules as they stand.

Capital One Bowl SEC #2 Big Ten #2
Gator Bowl ACC #3 Big 12 #3 / Big East #2 / Notre Dame
AT&T Cotton Bowl Big 12 #2 SEC #3/4/5
Outback Bowl SEC #3/4/5 Big Ten #3
International Bowl MAC #3 Big East #4/5
Liberty Bowl C-USA Champion SEC #6/7/8
Car Care Bowl ACC #5 Big East #3
Chick-fil-A Bowl ACC #2 SEC #3/4/5
Independence Bowl Big 12 #6 SEC #6/7/8
Brut Sun Bowl Pac-10 #3 Big 12 #4 / Big East #2 / Notre Dame
Music City Bowl ACC #5/6 SEC #6/7/8
Holiday Bowl Pac-10 #2 Big 12 #3
Emerald Bowl Pac-10 #4/5 ACC #5/6/7
Valero Alamo Bowl Big 12 #3/4 Big Ten #4/5
Texas Bowl Big 12 #7 C-USA #3/4
Humanitarian Bowl WAC #1 ACC #8
Insight Bowl Big 12 #5 Big Ten #6
Champs Sports Bowl Big Ten #4/5 ACC #4
Motor City Bowl MAC Champion Big Ten #7
Hawaiʻi Bowl Pac-10 (2008) WAC #2 / Hawaiʻi
Armed Forces Bowl MWC C-USA (2008); Pac-10 (2009)
Las Vegas Bowl Pac-10 #4/5 MWC Champion
Poinsettia Bowl MWC Pac-10 #7 (2008); #6 (2009-10)
GMAC Bowl MAC #2 or WAC C-USA #2
New Orleans Bowl Sun Belt Champion C-USA #5
PapaJohns.com Bowl SEC Lowest Ranked Big East #4/5
New Mexico Bowl WAC #3 MWC
St. Petersburg Bowl Big East #6 C-USA
Congressional Bowl Army or Navy ACC or MAC

Rose Bowl Game Pac-10 Big Ten
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Big 12 At-Large
FedEx Orange Bowl ACC At-Large
Allstate Sugar Bowl SEC At-Large
BCS Championship Game BCS #1 BCS #2

Mrbob

But if I end up finishing in the top 8 in the BCS ranking aren't I guaranteed a BCS bowl birth? Which means Penn State gets kicked to the curb in a non BCS bowl!

Mrbob said:
But if I end up finishing in the top 8 in the BCS ranking aren't I guaranteed a BCS bowl birth? Which means Penn State gets kicked to the curb in a non BCS bowl!

I believe only 2 teams from one conference can go to a BCS game. If one of those teams is in the national championship then I believe the #2 team in the conference goes to the Rose Bowl. I'm not 100% positive though. It's kinda dicey.

Top Bottom