• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Shawnwhann said:
We really need to ramp up the difficulty for these CPU games. I'm kinda tired of seeing teams win 77-0, 88-10, 66-0....

As of now the CPU games are gimme games...

Thoughts?

But..you lost to a CPU team? I don't get it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
foofmtzk9.jpg

"JTO OMG"

lol i was watching the niners games with my buddies! everyone but me hates JTO. they were seriously rooting against him and hoping he would throw picks, then when alex started dicking it up they were making excuses! :lol

going on to advance now. you around dcx!@?

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i was watching the niners games with my buddies! everyone but me hates JTO. they were seriously rooting against him and hoping he would throw picks, then when alex started dicking it up they were making excuses! :lol

going on to advance now. you around dcx!@?

id honestly be more concerned about playing the 9ers if Alex was starting instead of JTO. Eagles are gonna tear him a new one

the eagles suck balls. no one is scared of your shitty receivers and your defense is a shell of its former self. eagles are the new cardinals, "contenders" every year but somehow find a way to fizzle out.

CB3

fucking lonestar stole all my guys. asshole. im making sure Joey takes home the heisman now.

CB3

my score is gonna be really big against this cpu :lol but what can i do! it keeps throwing into the flats and my guys are intercepting with wide open field in front of them. i have like 4 at halftime :lol

Lonestar

They were never your guys, COOOOOOooooooooolDBllooooooooooDED

The only guy I had competition for, was Shuler the MLB, and that was with with Clemson. I'm currently the top class, with 1 WR and 1 Tackle (#1 overall), and 1 MLB, CB, and SS (#10, 2, 3 overall).

Sitting on 2 more Soft Commits, trying to get them during this week hopefully ;P

#1, 2, 3 and 10...OVERALL!

Julio's back up to #4 overall, but more importantly, the newspaper article for the hesiman mentions my QB by name, that he's "just" outside the heisman. Now, I probably won't win it, but hey, team game team game ;P

CB3

you've caughten a break. Joey got injured just before halftime. out 3 weeks. luckily he put in his work for the day by that time.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
They were never your guys, COOOOOOooooooooolDBllooooooooooDED

The only guy I had competition for, was Shuler the MLB, and that was with with Clemson. I'm currently the top class, with 1 WR and 1 Tackle (#1 overall), and 1 MLB, CB, and SS (#10, 2, 3 overall).

Sitting on 2 more Soft Commits, trying to get them during this week hopefully ;P

#1, 2, 3 and 10...OVERALL!

Julio's back up to #4 overall, but more importantly, the newspaper article for the hesiman mentions my QB by name, that he's "just" outside the heisman. Now, I probably won't win it, but hey, team game team game ;P

You ain't getting that #2 HB though. :D

Lonestar

Which one? I'm only going after the #3 or #4 guy, Hodges. I've got a soft commit on him, spent another few hours, and from my memory, you already had your visit, and I was still ahead on him.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Which one? I'm only going after the #3 or #4 guy, Hodges. I've got a soft commit on him, spent another few hours, and from my memory, you already had your visit, and I was still ahead on him.

Oh, maybe I'm getting you confused with Clemson. I'll have to check when I get home.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I seem to be having the worst luck with recruiting. How are you guys getting people to commit so early? I have guys who have had me as the #1 almost the entire season thus far, they have visited, and they have been offered scholarships and I still don't have any commitments. What am I doing wrong? Where is the "secretly offer money" option?

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
I seem to be having the worst luck with recruiting. How are you guys getting people to commit so early? I have guys who have had me as the #1 almost the entire season thus far, they have visited, and they have been offered scholarships and I still don't have any commitments. What am I doing wrong? Where is the "secretly offer money" option?

Seriously, that #1 kicker's interest meter is a cunthair away from being maxed, and I've spent hours on the goddamn phone with that kid. I'm seriously tempted to retire this team and pick a bigger named school.

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:
Seriously, that #1 kicker's interest meter is a cunthair away from being maxed, and I've spent hours on the goddamn phone with that kid. I'm seriously tempted to retire this team and pick a bigger named school.
I should have picked a 5-star school like USC. I now realize that unlike Madden, you can't have fun with the lower tier teams in a league where we barely play each other. Since we play the majority of our games against the CPU, the game is still far too tilted towards the prestige of the school and not the skills of the player.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I should have picked a 5-star school like USC. I now realize that unlike Madden, you can't have fun with the lower tier teams in a league where we barely play each other. Since we play the majority of our games against the CPU, the game is still far too tilted towards the prestige of the school and not the skills of the player.

Cough*Not me*Cough ;P

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Cough*Not me*Cough ;P
I would put the prestige of Alabama and the SEC higher than UVA and VA Tech and the ACC. The ACC is the least prestigious conference of the 4 we picked.

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
I would put the prestige of Alabama and the SEC higher than UVA and VA Tech and the ACC. The ACC is the least prestigious conference of the 4 we picked.

Yea, I really wanted Big East for the Mountaineers. :(

DenogginizerOS

I am considering bailing after this season. I like NCAA but it pales in comparison to the online allure of the Madden league and other upcoming games like NHL 09. Just not worth the time and frustration of dealing with the recruiting mysteries and the CPU. I really thought I would like playing against the CPU and recruiting, but I now realize I enjoy playing against humans a heck of a lot more.

In addition, going from playing Madden 09 back to this is a bit weird. I find Madden to be more balanced and less likely to amp up the CPU players in tight situtations.

Lonestar

plan.jpg

[Nick Saban]"Our Current plan is this. For now, our Recruiting states reside mostly around the state. Nice, safe, warm, and rich. AIIIGHT."

"The next season, we will expand our territory...I mean recruitment area, to encompass most of what is considered "The South" We'll actually use the term "Saban's Backyard" instead."

"Into 2010, the year dubbed "Massive Win Over our Northern Brothers", we'll see our recruitment base encompass all of the Big 10 Country, leaving nothing but smoldering ashes in their stead. AIIIIIGHT. It's all Relative to the Process....relatively."

"Our final portion of my 4 year plan of Operation: "HA HA", will take us all the way to the pacific. We'll humbly take Alaska and Hawaii as parting gifts, simply because there's no football there. We will also NOT take Utah, because...who wants Utah, honestly? Afterwards, we'll just rename the game of football, and replace it with Sabanball, and then it'll be all Relatively relative to the Process of relative procession. AIIIIIIIGHT"

[/Nick Saban]

DenogginizerOS said:
I am considering bailing after this season. I like NCAA but it pales in comparison to the online allure of the Madden league and other upcoming games like NHL 09. Just not worth the time and frustration of dealing with the recruiting mysteries and the CPU. I really thought I would like playing against the CPU and recruiting, but I now realize I enjoy playing against humans a heck of a lot more.

In addition, going from playing Madden 09 back to this is a bit weird. I find Madden to be more balanced and less likely to amp up the CPU players in tight situtations.

It's why we should have limited it to 2 or 3 conferences.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea I will state that it is hard to go back and forth with this and Madden... one the controls.. and two.... what works in madden does not work in ncaa.. and NCAA looks ugly compared..

Also i am not ranked

DenogginizerOS

Malleymal said:
Also i am not ranked

Ugh. If prestige plays more a role than the victories achieved, then recruiting is more a gimmick rather than something that contributes to gamesmanship.

DenogginizerOS said:

I dont' know about you but my school's prestige level is 4 and I'm in the ACC and I'm still cleaning up in recruiting.

Also, JUCO RBs for the win. After I convince spiller to stay for his senior year, I'll redshirt this bitch and then he'll be ready. Really though I'm doing it to boost my team's recruiting ranking.

Lonestar

If you win games, in the offseason, your presitge changes. If I happen to not make a bowl game, or have a losing season, I do believe I will fall to 4 stars. If I win the NC, I'd rise to 6 stars. Ebb and Flow. Same with all the little criteria of recruiting (coach prestige, academics, etc).

Are you trying to phone call all 30 players during the week, spending 10 minutes per player? You really just need to focus in on 10 players (look into who you have a legitimate shot of getting, and fits your needs for your team), and stick to them until the situation plays out (you get them or you don't)

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:

In addition, going from playing Madden 09 back to this is a bit weird. I find Madden to be more balanced and less likely to amp up the CPU players in tight situations.
Hate to call you out man, but that is kinda bullshit. The stipulations to entering this league was dedication due to Madden and any other gaming threat that may come along! Fuck i would have never spent close to 70 bucks on this shit and gotten Metal Gear Solid if i knew this was going to happen. As a matter of fact, it's in the first page of this topic! Discouraging indeed.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
Hate to call you out man, but that is kinda bullshit. The stipulations to entering this league was dedication due to Madden and any other gaming threat that may come along! Fuck i would have never spent close to 70 bucks on this shit and gotten Metal Gear Solid if i knew this was going to happen. As a matter of fact, it's in the first page of this topic! Discouraging indeed.

DCX
The key word is considering. Reading is fundamental. Expressing my dissatisfaction with how the game is playing compared to expectations is not outside the realm.

But way to be a dick.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
The key word is considering. Reading is fundamental. Expressing my dissatisfaction with how the game is playing compared to expectations is not outside the realm.

But way to be a dick.
I'm not being a dick, just consider those with limited funds and the fact that you hold one of 12 spots that decided this. Reading is fundamental, i wasn't calling you persay, Malley always expressed his feelings on going back and forth between this and Madden is going to fuck him up.

But way to be sensitive

DCX

Lonestar

Where as, I'm solidly on this, and totally wavering on Madden....I haven't played that POS in a few days. Sure, it might look pretty, but it plays poorly.

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
I'm not being a dick, just consider those with limited funds and the fact that you hold one of 12 spots that decided this. Reading is fundamental, i wasn't calling you persay, Malley always expressed his feelings on going back and forth between this and Madden is going to fuck him up.

But way to be sensitive

DCX

You aren't addressing the problem. You called me out for something I can't control and made it personal by bringing up your financial obligation. Don't blame me for the game's inability to entertain. You could have addressed the problem which is that the game has not delivered on the expectations and I wish we played each other more. Instead, you put your financial obligation on my considering giving up on something that is not entertaining me.

As far as Madden goes, the games I have played online have felt balanced and I felt skill was the key determinant in winning or losing. NCAA feels more like college football in that it is more wide open, but it also seems to overcompensate at times when it tries to capture that feel. Maybe the offseason elements will yield some kind of competition, but as of right now, I am recruiting at the 3-4 star range simply because I am not in the league of super teams like USC or Ohio State. Given that the lowly CPU is the opponent we play against most, I don't see how a lower tier team will be able to match up or if playing full seasons only to gain a small amount of prestige is going to keep this interesting for months to come.

relax ladies, anyone is free to come and go as they please! the league continues on!

p.s. if you are interested in a different school at seasons end just tell me and i can assign them to you. but i consider part of the fun being building up your school and getting those recruits that take you to the top!

remember, patch #2 is coming and will fix some of the gameplay problems. i like madden better as well but im still having a great time with NCAA. NCAA online is everything that madden should be but isn't. the absolute BEST online leagues we have ever seen (seriously incredible what they've done), great online performance, no bullcrap disconnects. i love ncaa.

it has room to improve on the field (mainly pressure on the qb), but i can live with it. i asked that everyone stay committed but you can't really expect someone to stick to that if they are genuinely hating the game. i would ask that you don't leave, denogg, but if you hate the game then so be it!

also, DCX when can you play? i have to go see that crappy playboy anna farris movie with my gf tonight but maybe we can get the game in before? i get off work at 5 pm pst. let me know!

Lonestar

Feel free to go to the SEC or Big 10....or even filll in the PAC 10, where there are only 2 human players!

Mrbob

Denog take michigan next year!

Half the fun is building up rivalry matchups.

I'm already planning to extract revenge next year on both OSU and Penn State. :D

Top Bottom