• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
F--ing shit lag! >_<

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
was it alright at all in the game? Having it disconnect 2 times, and all that before we started, was it bad during the game?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Honestly it was awful for me lag wise in the first quarter,felt better starting in the 2 quarter and on.

I had lag all game,but it was manageable after the 1st.I just couldn't stop your scrambling QB all game,he abused me.

Not sure why it was such a pain in the ass to get the game started.The last invite you sent me,it kept failing.

Lonestar

Star scrambles and finds Gibson in the End Zone

Star scrambles, somehow doesn't get sacked, and finds Grant in the End Zone

one of Sharief's 3 INT's, this a pick 6, as he somehow tight ropes the last 10 yards.

Hope you didn't take that last TD or 2 I scored as running up the score. They were still in the 3rd quarter, and Florida has a few offensive players that just have more speed than anyone on my team (for right now). I tried to slow it down, and your offense down, as much as I could, in the 2nd half.

Matrix

Nah I didn't have any issues with you trying to score as much as possible,I consider it a part of the way College football is played.

I do have a issue with that 2nd scramble replay...wtf didn't my guy sack you *weeps*

advanced! i was able to advance all the way to bowl week 2 and ran into a snag.... 1 bowl game must be played:

Oregon Vs. Oklahoma

as soon as that is done i can advance further.

also, as most of you probably know, recruiting is prohibited in these weeks so if you dont have a game to play you literally have nothing to do (not trying to screw you out of recruit time!)

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sure you aren't going to mrbob this league too? ;)

p.s. oh wait you dont quit a league where you're winning

cops-shots-fired-pochette-avant.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
firstly, i was only going to drop the 2k9 league if there was someone else who wanted to be in it. ill stay until that happens. if it doesnt ill play out the season. if i were bob, id have been out long ago, citing the fall sweeps on TV as the reason why.

And i cant help it if i win in pretty much every league, unlike yourself.

Lonestar

Oh shit, I missed the hidden advance message inside all the MrBob talk. I'll get my game done when I get home. UAB....

FMT, how could we let UAB and Bowling Green into the BCS??? HOW?

Oh, maybe because we removed all those easy teams, to play tougher teams. WE'VE CREATED A MONSTER, and it's called CONFERENCE USA.

Lonestar

Done with the game.

I have almost half of the Freshmen All-American :D And the Returner of the Year, even though he's been injured for weeks! :(

Matrix

My game is done :)

Lonestar

We could do a friendly "Out of Game" tourny of the top few human teams, to see who the REAL NCAA Champion, is ;)

But alas, CB3 is the pseudonym of Oregon president David Frohnmayer, chairman of the BCS Presidential Oversight Committee.

Keeping the small man under the heel that is the BCS.

-------------------
dskillz: Bowl results happen, then we'll go through graduation/transfers (who is leaving). Since I think the bug still exist, you cannot talk players into staying.

Then it goes into 5 weeks of recruiting. This is similar to all the weeks of playing, just without the games themselves.

Then it'll go to Change Position (so you can make your ATH an actual position player, etc.)

Then there'll be a training screen (that FMT might just skip for us :( ) You don't do anything, but it shows you how much each player improved off season.

Then it'll be cut players, in case you are over 70 players.

Then it'll be the last screen where you set up redshirts, depth chart, and pre season recruitment targets. FMT will set up the schedules.

Then season starts.

CB is too much of a puss to allow someone to play him in the title game, but that will change for season 3.

i was thinking of doing the standard "4 or 5 games" against a human opponent and then coming up with something where you would have to play a couple more human opponents who would fill in for the CPU. still thinking about how to do it (bowl games? conference games? ranked teams or unranked teams?).

give me any ideas you like on the subject.... friends!

CB3

is it my fault you guys couldnt stay unbeaten and make it to the title game yourselves? nope. if you want to play in the game quit losing

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CB3 said:
is it my fault you guys couldnt stay unbeaten and make it to the title game yourselves? nope. if you want to play in the game quit losing

I can't believe you are talking all this smack when you have the best team on the game. I could see if you took Louisiana Tech or Florida A&M to the BCS Title game, but damn dude you are taking the best team in the game. Not exactly smack talk worthy.

CB3

dskillzhtown said:
I can't believe you are talking all this smack when you have the best team on the game. I could see if you took Louisiana Tech or Florida A&M to the BCS Title game, but damn dude you are taking the best team in the game. Not exactly smack talk worthy.

to my knowledge LSU, Florida, Bama, Ohio State, and a couple more are all rated higher than me. I think im at 89 overall. not exactly the powerhouse you guys thing i am stat wise. i have one star on offense and maaaaaybe 2 on defense. but im pretty sure my strong safety is the only one. thats it.

Lonestar

CB3 said:
to my knowledge LSU, Florida, Bama, Ohio State, and a couple more are all rated higher than me. I think im at 89 overall. not exactly the powerhouse you guys thing i am stat wise. i have one star on offense and maaaaaybe 2 on defense. but im pretty sure my strong safety is the only one. thats it.

WOW

You are so wrong, you should be permmed for flat out WRONGNESS.

Well, except for Florida. Straight 99 Money. LSWho is no longer around.

My 2 losses were to Malley, who played better than I did, and FMT, who played better than I did. Based on Team Ratings, Georgia's alot better than my Bama team, and PSU is about equal.

CB3

point being LSU had higher team ratings all around. and he lost in both seasons before he quit. Ohio state has/had higher rankings and i took him out twice out of three times i believe. Its not like im just coasting here.

I didnt even want to pick USC. i had plans going in taking michigan state or North Carolina or some team like that. its not until everyone started picking all the good teams till i settled with USC. Dont fault me for picking a good team when everyone did it before me

Lonestar: your ratings will be huge with the draft classes you've had the past two years. if your not higher now you will be next year most likely

Lonestar

Well, that's because I would have built up the team, with my patented "Fort Knox" System.

I'm currently trying to kill off my SEC West Brethren, by attrition. Take all the local players before they go to LSU and Auburn, and I'll own a monopoly over there, while Matrix and Malley battle it out over in the East :p

CB3

my offense ratings will go to shit if (when) McKnight goes pro. ill stil have a bunch of good running backs but none like him.

oh i wanted to mention ND's rb. holy shit that guy is basically unstoppable. i can't remember his name (not sure if he is a real life player or a generated recruit, but i could not stop him)

Lonestar

I'm hoping that I've added another quality speed guy at HB, to back up Hodges. And I'm hoping the 2 main WR's I went after, bring MORE SPEED. I haven't had any outstanding speed at WR. Julio is a beast, but it's mainly because he'll catch anything. 89 Speed 95 Acc.

I went after a 3rd great MLB prospect, to either redshirt or play, depending of if McClain leaves early. Most of the rest of my class is backup and depth, to fill in when my current starters depart.

Hoping some of my CB's improve enough to finally break that 90 overall rating. I don't have any superstars, but I have like 5 CB's at 85 :lol

dskillzhtown

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh i wanted to mention ND's rb. holy shit that guy is basically unstoppable. i can't remember his name (not sure if he is a real life player or a generated recruit, but i could not stop him)

Who the fuck you telling, he ran on me like he was Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell rolled into one.

he is the first RB i've faced in NCAA that i could not stop no matter what i did. i would load up the box, play LB, play Safety, take the right angles on him, but nothing i did could help. the only time i stopped him was when i dived at his legs from behind and tripped him up. if i took him head on, even with my all american impact MLB, he would either plow over him or just outrace him to the corner.

i hope i never have to face ND again.

dskillzhtown

Lonestar said:
I'm hoping that I've added another quality speed guy at HB, to back up Hodges. And I'm hoping the 2 main WR's I went after, bring MORE SPEED. I haven't had any outstanding speed at WR. Julio is a beast, but it's mainly because he'll catch anything. 89 Speed 95 Acc.

I went after a 3rd great MLB prospect, to either redshirt or play, depending of if McClain leaves early. Most of the rest of my class is backup and depth, to fill in when my current starters depart.

Hoping some of my CB's improve enough to finally break that 90 overall rating. I don't have any superstars, but I have like 5 CB's at 85 :lol

I need all of the above. I know that I have a 4-star freshman QB coming in and I might be forced to start him because the 2 QBs I have now suck. I have a slow, prodding HB who can break tackles and an "Impact" HB that loses the ball everytime he gets hit. All of my WRs are slow as are my LBs. The best WR I have was actually a back-up TE, but after my #1 and #2 WRs went down he got put at the WR position.

Bottom line, UCLA is a bitch to play with.

This play wraps up my entire season - http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1027179

Lonestar

dskillzhtown said:
I need all of the above. I know that I have a 4-star freshman QB coming in and I might be forced to start him because the 2 QBs I have now suck. I have a slow, prodding HB who can break tackles and an "Impact" HB that loses the ball everytime he gets hit. All of my WRs are slow as are my LBs. The best WR I have was actually a back-up TE, but after my #1 and #2 WRs went down he got put at the WR position.

Bottom line, UCLA is a bitch to play with.

This play wraps up my entire season - http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1027179

I ended up have 2 QB's playing on the year. Most of McElroy's stats were from Jackson being out a few weeks. He actually has better numbers than Jackson, if you don't throw in Jackson's running production. By themselves, they don't crack the top 20 in QB's. But combined, would have been #4 or 5 in yards, and #2 or 3 in Touchdown passes. Probably near #1 in INT's too :lol :lol

I know that you got that other ATH for your TE last year, with all the speed, FMT. But the one that I stole from you, Thomas, had the most receptions for a TE this year, with 60 :p How he didn't even get nominated for the TE award, I don't know :(

At least you guys didn't have to play against cheeseball Noel Devine with his 100 speed 100 agi and 100 acc in your bowl game. He was like a fucking speedy Houdini.

i know your TE is better lone :(

the ATH i converted to TE is a fucking horrible blocker, but he is gigantic. i think he's 6'6 or taller and has good hands, good speed for a TE. my backup TE was in quite a bit due to the other TE being tired and he's fucking horrible. runs like an offensive lineman. his blocking was slightly superior but its not worth the trade off

p.s. holy crap 100/100/100!? who is this guy a RB, QB or wr?

Lonestar

Maybe after a year of training, some of those other stats will improve. I'll have to see what his other ratings are to see potential setbacks that he's having.

Edit: It's possible that, being an ATH, that even though he might have a good overall rating for that particular position, some of ratings of certain skills, are so low it's a detriment. I have a offline dynasty that I've gone through, and I remember an ATH that would be an 81 CB or a 79 WR. As the 81 CB, his ACC rating was below 70, and his man and zone skills were below 30. Not good. As a WR, his ACC was 90 or so, and could catch and all. It's possible that this happened to your TE.

Thomas, I think, is an ok blocker, not fabulous. He's got good TE speed, but I think either his agility or acc is alot lower. 99 spin rating though. He can spin 360, and not have any loss of position. It's like he's a Dradle!

Peek (real player), my backup TE is more of the old style TE. BIG, not very fast, good blocker.

Jordan, the other TE I picked up (and probably stole as well) seems like a mixture between the 2. He'll finish his redshirt this year.

Noel Devine is this Midget guy at West Virginia. He wasn't able to make the grades to get into any regular conference, but the Big East...well, they don't have that problem. He's probably a 99,99,99 instead of 100's. He's got 3 kids and he's 19 years old. He is a bad bad dude though. FAST AS HELL.

He's just sick.

CB3

robbed. ROBBED. lost on a last second field goal.

my "star" wr had 3 drops. 2 would have been td's. the rest of my team had another 3 drops combined. Noodle arm Mustain came threw to underthrow sure fire TD's.

fuck

Top Bottom