• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

DMczaf

I somehow ended up with a better class than you, even though I broke all of my recruiting promises and I'm only a 4 star school :lol

Don't start any investigations! They earned that money fair and square from their job at the factory that just so happens to be owned by an Oregon alumni!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man my secondary is gonna be STACKED all around for the newxt few seasons to come. kinda makes up for the easy passing game ncaa has

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I still continue on with my dominance. I'm now recruiting players I KNOW I have to get rid of. The Bear Bryant Strategy. Recruit them just so you guy's don't have them :p

I'm going to have a stable of RB's with speed to match the current Florida Gators.

I'm going to have an OL that is almost all 90's, with none of them being more than a sophomore.

I'm going to have a stacked group of Linebackers, that would make Linebacker U Blush. I'll have 2 90+ MLB, and 2 High 80's OLB's. 3 Sophomores and 1 Senior. Plus all the Freshmen and Sophomores behind them.

I'm going 5 deep on the CB front, almost all are sophomores, and will be high 80's to start the season. With some speeeeeeeeeeeeed.

I will have a walk on kicker though...

And I think I will only have 5 or 6 seniors in the entire team...so, I might not have the #1 class next year. I'll probably relinquish that spot.

Probably.

as i say, if you have a matchup request then PM me.

i want to get some new matchups in too (for instance i have yet to play malley or matrix in league play, plus i didn't play cb last year) to keep it fresh!

i also haven't come up with an idea for additional "human" opponent games.

not at home brother! i'll be home in about an hour and a half.... then the advancement happens.

p.s. after advance you need to change positions if needed, and that i think i need to wait for everyone being that there are ATH's. i don't know how it is handled if the CPU has to do those things (I.e. the cpu picks the best possible position)

position change section is up.

PLEASE LOGIN AND ALTER ANY POSITIONS YOU MAY NEED! THIS INCLUDES YOUR ATH RECRUITS! IF YOU DONT DO THIS I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THEM!

league will advance tomorrow night!

damn i got boned at CB. my top 2 guys left and now i'm left with a bunch of high 70's guys :lol

but my "training"/progression results should boost a couple into the 80's based on last years performance! one being an all american freshman CB!

i'm also log jammed at QB because my 3 ATH's ended up being good qb's and nothing else :/

think i might start my freshman qb this year too. he is rated 5 points lower overall but has better THP and THA. the awareness is where the lower points comes in but ill likely take my chances!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
this is gonna be a semi rebuilding year for me. i had a bunch of good seniors leave but i had a hell of a class. i cant wait to see how my team looks next season

Lonestar

I have always wonder...does the lower awareness hurt you on a QB, when you are controller the QB?

Yes! That number 1 HB in the land has 99 speed and 96 acc. Sadly he only has 88 agility, but that will come in time. I also got a 4 star WR with 99 speed, 95 acc, and 91 agi. I'm going to be running toss plays and bubble screens all night long (All night!).

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yes! That number 1 HB in the land has 99 speed and 96 acc. Sadly he only has 88 agility, but that will come in time. I also got a 4 star WR with 99 speed, 95 acc, and 91 agi. I'm going to be running toss plays and bubble screens all night long (All night!).

YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH
YOU'VE GOT THE POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My power is off this morning, so it better be back on by the time I get home....

lonestar i honestly think it affects your throws even if you are controlling the qb. you would think it comes under THA, but i think its directly related to those throws where you throw to a spot and it goes WAAAAAY off target.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lonestar i honestly think it affects your throws even if you are controlling the qb. you would think it comes under THA, but i think its directly related to those throws where you throw to a spot and it goes WAAAAAY off target.

Could be, too bad it's too hard to run tests on this. Only way is to go into Create a player mode, and make 2 equal QB's, except for that rating, then just test the 2 players out.

my 2 star QB recruit actually isn't that bad. he's a 70 overall, but he has an 80 speed and decent THP, THA. deciding if i should redshirt my 81 qb and roll with the other dude for his senior season, but i dont want my freshman recruit transfering after the season...

Lonestar

he already advanced??? Yikes.

I'll get my redshirting and stuff done when I get home in 10 hours :p

DCX

DCX
Done. I'm great to legendary at every position, fear Ohio State this year, we are winning the National Championship!!

DCX

advanced as most of you have seen!

i wont advance until tomorrow (saturday).

and again i must advise, please let me know if you want a matchup with whoever (whomever?).

also a question for everyone: do you guys have a problem with early season matchups against high ranked teams? for instance, i have my schedule set right now to play the #4 ranked team, #2 ranked team, and #7 ranked team in the first 3 weeks. other people have similar style schedules.

do you guys have a problem with this? it is KIND of unrealistic but i dont know what everyone wants! let me know and i can adjust accordingly!

DCX

DCX
That was my problem. I played tough teams early on and made it hard to come back strong especially with the CPU boost. I welcome a challenge. I worked out for me Season one when i had Georgia and USC early and beat them, then it was smooth sailing til i lost to USC.

DCX

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also a question for everyone: do you guys have a problem with early season matchups against high ranked teams? for instance, i have my schedule set right now to play the #4 ranked team, #2 ranked team, and #7 ranked team in the first 3 weeks. other people have similar style schedules.

Which one of them is me??? :D

I'd almost like to spread the games out (human wise) though maybe avoid having late season runs. If the high ranking games you are talking about are CPU teams, then it'll probably won't matter. We just need to make sure someone plays Bowling Green, UAB, or whatever BS team the game decides it wants to waste a top 10 spot on. I can't believe I had to play UAB in the Sugar Bowl last year... I lost Shawn's LSU team, so that took away 1 Human player, so I should be able to take the West. I'll play Malley in the regular season (the game didn't do the rotating schedule), so I won't play Matrix, unless it's the SEC championship.

I'll leave up a continuation of the Clemson/Alabama series up to Az. I hope to continue the Penn State matchup. It's probably about time to get a series with DCX's Ohio State, or CB's USCw.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
advanced as most of you have seen!

i wont advance until tomorrow (saturday).

and again i must advise, please let me know if you want a matchup with whoever (whomever?).

do you guys have a problem with this? it is KIND of unrealistic but i dont know what everyone wants! let me know and i can adjust accordingly!

Nice job dodging me! Your season is a big red ASTERISK!

Lonestar said:
I'll leave up a continuation of the Clemson/Alabama series up to Az. I hope to continue the Penn State matchup. It's probably about time to get a series with DCX's Ohio State, or CB's USCw.

I'll keep playing em if you will. I have no real preferences for this year EXCEPT I want a rematch with FMT. This time in Death Valley. None of that white out garbage up in Pennsylvania.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I would much rather have more human opponents at the end... makes for more heated battles and more rank movement at the end

alright what i'm going to do is have ALL week 1 games schedule against various CPU opponents.

then after that, i will decide on where and when human opponents come into play. i am still debating having ONE of your CPU conference games played against a human opponent. what do you guys think about that?

Lonestar

It sounds alright, but who chooses "who" these fill in Users will be. And which teams? SEC, it'll be easy to choose a team on equal level to the 3 user teams. Say LSU for the game against me and Matrix's game against LSU. For Georgia, say Tennessee or Auburn?

Pac 10 on the other hand... :lol :lol

Lonestar

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO FMT??? These aren't the same guy's I cut. It shows I still have 2 QB's I cut, and the game cut my starting TE. Fucking BULLSHIT FMT....

i don't know, i still have an extra CB i cut, an extra QB i cut, an extra RB i cut, and an extra TE i cut. don't know if someone is missing from my squad but it stands to reason they would be if these guys are still here.

also, my CB's ratings went up for my reserve CB's since the cut period? they were all in the 70's, now my freshman CB's that are backups are rated 84 and 82.

sorry lone. i figured for sure the CPU would cut the lowest rated people from any given position if it hadn't been done. but if you did all your cuts and it still didn't register correctly then i dont know what to say. i do remember i did my first round of cuts and then had 4 more to do. so i uploaded to server and when i went back i had 6 more cuts to do and 2 of my guys were back on the squad! i cut them again :(

when i look at my "redshirt" depth chart it shows my CB's with one rating (78, 76), but then when i go to re-order depth chart it has them at 80's. not sure what that is all about.

anyhow, sorry lonestar. i should have just waited for everyone to finish their cuts before advancing but i wanted to get the ball rolling. ill let everyone finish their cuts next time. i dont remember having this issue after the first season :/

Lonestar

Yeah i had finished my cuts entirely. It sucks but i assume others were screwed too. I can live with having to get more linemen. I have eleven recievers now though i had cut some. Tightend is screwed now with not many viable tightend recruits out there. It did keep the rbs and wrs that i wanted. Time for five wide

hmmm, then im not sure what to say. i thought i had advanced it before you were finished. i just advanced as normal.

sorry if anyone else got screwed :/

also guys take a look at the schedule right now because it's about final. i'm sorry for those that play human opponent in week 1 but that was the only way i could get certain matchups.

if you see any problems with the matchups let me know and i will adjust.

p.s. i may also find a way to fit DM into my schedule. i can't run from my past.... i must confront it.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. i may also find a way to fit DM into my schedule. i can't run from my past.... i must confront it.

The Ghost of Crenshaw will haunt you!

2 more left, hurry up so we can advance!

Edit: Where do I go to see the schedule? I don't see the option right now

dang sorry dudes! thought you could see them. let me post them now:

Penn State Human Opponents:
USC
Florida
Ohio State
Clemson
Oregon

Oregon:

Penn State
Alabama
UCLA
USC
Ohio State

Ohio State:

UCLA
Florida
USC
Penn State
Oregon

Georgia:
Florida State
UCLA
Alabama
Florida
Clemson

FSU:

Georgia
Alabama
Clemson
Florida

Florida:

USC
Ohio State
Penn State
Georgia
Florida State

Clemson:

Alabama
Penn State
Florida State
Georgia

AZ, i tried to schedule you against 5 human opponents, but for some reason the game wont let me change your game against Notre Dame. I can change it to another team but no human players are available and i can't change it to an open date and see if one of your other opens would provide for human opponent

Alabama:

clemson
FSU
Oregon
Georgia

again i tried for 5, but no one is available on your open dates :/

USC:

Florida
Penn State
Ohio State
Oregon
UCLA

UCLA:
Ohio State
Georgia
Oregon
USC

Thoughts?

Lonestar

FMT, try putting in a random team on an already open day, then take off Notre Dame. You might be running into a problem of "not enough OOC" games, causing you to be unable to deselect games you want to remove.

Top Bottom