• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
my pre-season tasks are complete.

P.S. The #1 Kicker and Punter are mine, assholes

oh, are they CB? i offered them titties and beer at PSU!

i love the setup so far. very flexible and that is all i have ever asked. i can add or delete users easily, adjust sliders, settings, etc.

madden online franchise EA. please.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I would offer this as maybe a future add to the league. Maybe Prospect Create 1 player for each member, up to a certain overall rating, and position up to each member's choice. Then see who can fight it out over these players. See if you can not only grab your choice, but your rivals. Might make for more interesting recruiting battles, if you had some choice in creating these players.

I'm not saying Superman "99" players. Maybe an overall rating max of 85.

LiveWire

Sorry I haven't been back to update, I've been away in sunny SoCal since Tuesday night on work travel (which also included a trip to Comic-Con today :D). If I'm stuck with ACC or Pac-10, I'll take the Virginia Cavaliers (was hoping for the Vols but oh well). I'm not back in town until late Sunday night so I won't be able to sign in until then.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
live i will switch your squad to virginia.

guys be sure to get your recruiting stuff in! i dont want to hear any whining later!

Thanks. As soon as I get home Sun I will do everything I can to get my pre-season tasks done. I haven't done the online dynasty mode at all before, what steps need to be done before the season starts? Are you setting a real-life start date in the next week or two for the season or does it automatically start after everyone has done their recruiting/scheduling/etc?

Edit: Just saw the first page. Can you please set it to Monday the 28th? I get in right around midnight Sunday night. Thanks.

Goddammit, why do no 5 star guys wanna come to clemson? I'm going to have to do some thieving on the recruiting trail this year. Time to start offering Escalades to 17 year olds.

Lonestar

I say we dump Livewire and find someone else. MONDAY NIGHT IS NOT PART OF THE PROCESS. AIIIGHT. (SEC Inside Joke, some of you, well...just don't understand)

I'm not back in L.A. until Monday at 4am, considering I don't play a human the first week this shouldn't be a problem right? What all do I need to do to officially get the league jumped off?

Lonestar

Preseason stuff. You can simply say "I'm ready to advance" in the game to do so, but it gives you the option to assign some recruits that you want to go after during the season, redshirt whoever you want to, and assign your depth chart.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i am ok if I am not home right now?? I feel bad if I am holding everything up till i get back.... let me know.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Can Y'all start playing so I can read some DRAMA????

I played a few games online today. Houston vs Florida State wasn't too much fun. Would be cool if random people actually picked a school on the same level as what you picked. The next game was LSU vs Missouri. I was LSU. The opponent was dropping back 20-30 yards every play and completing passes. I was not too happy with that development. I ended up winning 31-28 with a last second touchdown. But at the same time playing someone like that isn't too much fun.

dskillz the first guy i ever played online this year (and i had the game a few days early) was cheesy as fuck with oregon as well. that is why we play online leagues every year in madden here at gaf, because people will play legit.

going to start soon enough ladies!

dm lucks out again! i had you!

one thing i like about the game is you can really tell the difference in QB's. when i was playing with texas tech i was making all the passes. with the penn state dude i can't make the same throws (mostly the deep throws).

we'll see how the sliders affect the dynasty. the lack of d-line pressure makes screens a bitch to defend. a BITCH!

i did see a new animation for the first time where a fb tried to chop block my blitzing lb and he just hurdled him and continued towards the qb though!

DMczaf

You challenged my manual D, and you paid for it. How could you spit in my face like that, repeatedly throwing my way!?

Those INTs were your fault! Not mine!

Lonestar

Yeah, I don't like the QB play now. It's like I'm throwing a big ball of jello. Poorly.

the league officially starts tomorrow at 7pm pst. if you haven't done your pre-season tasks by that time i apologize, but we need to get this show on the road ladies!

getting you setup now malley!

check your PSN in about 2 minutes. THEN, just login to the dynasty and get your recuriting setup (i.e. check the national recrutis and decide on who you want to go after), set your depth chart, and then after that set your status to "ready to advance to regular season). thats it!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, just so everyone knows, EVERYONES strength of schedule is at an A or higher (A+), so it's all fair ladies!

Duh, when 9 of the teams are over 90 on the overall ratings, and all of them on are everyone's schedule, A to A+ is a given. YOU'VE TOLD US NOTHING NEW.

Duh, when 9 of the teams are over 90 on the overall ratings, and all of them on are everyone's schedule, A to A+ is a given. YOU'VE TOLD US NOTHING NEW.

i brought it up because only AFTER i made some custom schedule changes did the SOS ratings go to that level! SOME of you had a C rated SOS before! not on my watch DM, not on my watch!

LiveWire

Just got home, about to log on and do all my pre-season work.

Edit: Says invite invalid or something. Had me correctly listed as the Hoos, but couldn't accept the invite. Can you please re-send FMT?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Gg last night FMT, that goaline D was crazy... I got to get used to these new controls.. throwing to Square when I think its X is gonna be the death of me... for my first game though, i was happy with some things and pissed about others... is there a such thing as a speed burst or a broken tackle? my running game was horrible I just figured out that the controls are horrible, although i changed the buttons after our game, i will see if that helps.

Also that task complete page is sexy as shit

GQman2121

Banned
Malleymal said:
Gg last night FMT, that goaline D was crazy... I got to get used to these new controls.. throwing to Square when I think its X is gonna be the death of me... for my first game though, i was happy with some things and pissed about others... is there a such thing as a speed burst or a broken tackle? my running game was horrible I just figured out that the controls are horrible, although i changed the buttons after our game, i will see if that helps.

Also that task complete page is sexy as shit

If you change the buttons around from anything besides the default setting, they will not respond correctly.

Example: If you switch stiff arm from X to L2, your player will fake pitch or actually pitch the ball.

I'm not sure if this is going to get patched or not, as the developer on the OP forum was not sure if it is even possible.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GQman2121 said:
If you change the buttons around from anything besides the default setting, they will not respond correctly.

Example: If you switch stiff arm from X to L2, your player will fake pitch or actually pitch the ball.

I'm not sure if this is going to get patched or not, as the developer on the OP forum was not sure if it is even possible.

what the hell... are you serious... I only played FMT so I didnt have a chance to play after I made the changes... I REALLY hope that gets fixed, but i guess I can get used to the general set up...

are there games tonight?

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
livewire i re-sent the invitation.

we are ready to proceed tonight at 7pm. so be ready!

Yep, I got it, thank you very much! :)

Did all my pre-season schedule and set my recruiting board, so I checked ready to advance. If all goes well in a season or two I will have two shutdown corners and the next Ronnie Lott. My offense will blow chunks but y'all ain't passing on me! :lol

Lonestar

I've been researching alot over how my team will manage this year and next. Poorly, more than likely. Man, the QB Slider's really throw me off.

I'm going to have poor RB's and Defense in the 1st year, and Poor QB, TE and OL in my second year. And still probably poor Defense.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
my top 3 RB's could get injured and id still have 2 guys ranked in the 80's to run the ball :lol
How did USC get all these guys

Lonestar

Malley, good thing is, you can bring them in, if that's the case. They lose the Redshirt obviously, but they aren't "LOST FOREVER, IN A TIIIIME WAAARP"

LiveWire

Malleymal said:
I redshirted a bunch of Mofos... hope no one gets injured..

Yea, I only have 2 QBs. My #2 WR is the 3rd string QB. :lol

Can we change playbooks/offensive style/defensive style mid-season? Or is that permanently fixed once the season starts?

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
Yea, I only have 2 QBs. My #2 WR is the 3rd string QB. :lol

Can we change playbooks/offensive style/defensive style mid-season? Or is that permanently fixed once the season starts?

That "should" be tied into whatever you have your Coaching Strategy to be (Offensive/Defensive Playbook)

Besides, you should be able to select whatever you want on the screen before you start a game.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
That "should" be tied into whatever you have your Coaching Strategy to be (Offensive/Defensive Playbook)

It seems to allow me to choose any teams playbook regardless of the offensive philosophy. I'll have to mess around with some playbooks to see what works best. Is there a listing of which college teams use the WCO? Also, are we actually using real college players or is this just a CPU-generated list?

Lonestar

I'm sure there is a list of teams and their "general" Offensive tendences....but College Offenses are so varied, it's probably impossible to go "this one is Spread, this one is Wishbone, this one is Pro Style" etc etc

The players in Season 1 are totally named for real players (barring naming errors). After the 1st season, seniors will graduate, and incoming freshmen that we recruit will be made up players. So, after 5 or 6 years (at most), all the real college players will be gone.

Top Bottom