• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official - June NPD predictions thread (Includes Wedbush Estimates)

Didn't get a chance to really make good estimates, so here are my crap ones.

PS2 - 410k
Xbox - 290k
GC - 110k
GBA - 350k

Top 10
---------------------------
1) Driv3r PS2 - 250k
2) FSW - 190k
3) Spiderman 2 PS2 - 170k
4) Driv3r Xbox - 150k
5) Riddick - 140k
6) Harry Potter PS2 - 130k
7) SC: PT PS2 - 130k
8) Spider-Man Xbox - 120k
9) Psi-Ops PS2 70k
10) Red Dead Revolver PS2 70k
11) Halo 70k

Lukas

Banned
you guys can stop making your stupid predictions cause FSW was confirmed to have sold 250,000 its first 3 weeks and Riddick 100,00 in its first 2 weeks

jarrod

Banned
The Classic NES Series campaign will drive GBA hardware sales ahead of everything else. Super Mario Bros will break 90k and Legend of Zelda will break 50k.

jedimike

Lukas said:
you guys can stop making your stupid predictions cause FSW was confirmed to have sold 250,000 its first 3 weeks and Riddick 100,00 in its first 2 weeks

Those were shipped numbers from the publisher which don't equal sold numbers from the retailers.

IJoel

Lukas said:

angry_man.gif

Alcibiades

jedimike said:
Those were shipped numbers from the publisher which don't equal sold numbers from the retailers.

actually, the news report from Variety for Riddick didn't specify either shipped or sold-through, and I'm sure the same is for FSW...

unless the reports specifically said SHIPPED so-so amount, maybe they were estimates of sell-through to customers...

Last year, a few days after KOTOR came out, reports came out of 250,000 copies selling the first two days or something like that, and 400,000 sold for the month, so they were pretty accurate...

Rhindle

PS2 = 325K
Xbox = 175K
GCN = 75K

Top 3 titles (all formats combined):

1. Driv3r
2. Spiderman 2
3. Full Spectrum Warrior

Alcibiades

these were the sales for May:

May Console Sales

PS2 - 253,454
Xbox - 216,997
GC - 77,827

Did we ever get GBA numbers?

also, it's almost certain Megaman Collection and Four Swords Adventure will be the top 2 spots on the GCN chart...

edit: well, actually The Prisoner of Azkaban and Shrek 2 are going to do well also (and HP may be #1), and stores carried them in good quantities while MMC had some stores running out...

Alcibiades

sonycowboy said:
So bold, but you've forgotten Harry Potter 3 (PS2,Xbox,GCN,GBA,PSX), or have you???

Is The Prisoner of Azkaban on PS-X, if it is, Best Buy doesn't seem to even be carrying it...

efralope said:
Is The Prisoner of Azkaban on PS-X, if it is, Best Buy doesn't seem to even be carrying it...

OOPS!

I guess I have to take the PSOne out of my "every platform mass market game". Tis truly dead :(

B E N K E

I think console sales have been fairly slow. No real hardware movers have been released.

PS2 - 220
Xbox - 160
Gamecube - 80

I hope Riddick did 150k, it deserves to do well. When was Spider-man 2 released? Right at the end of the month, huh? Otherwise it would have been the clear winner, but I don't see it as a game that a lot of people buy on day one. Anyway I wasn't that impressed by the game. I can't understand how it got such great scores in the US. 6/10 in my fairly generous book, but that said I'm not a fan of the comic and I suppose you have to be to appreciate the game. I don't think Driv3r did well. American consumers have been fairly cautious and able to sniff out less than stellar European "big" games (ie Angel of Darkness and The Getaway). Maybe 150k for PS2 and 100k for Xbox.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
PS2 = 325K
Xbox = 175K
GCN = 75K

Top 3 titles (all formats combined):

1. Driv3r
2. Spiderman 2
3. Full Spectrum Warrior

That's pretty much my guess. Though I guess I'd say PS2 @ 300K and Xbox @ 200K. I

jedimike

Lukas said:

like I said... shipped != sold. FSW 190k

Top Bottom