• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

FA's will be on a waiver wire system i just haven't thought it through on who should have first shot and so on. wouldn't be fair to go by team ratings because i think rors would have first crack at anyone :lol

if you want the cards just say it broseph. i thought you loved tom-tom though!

p.s. cb i will make you a month long avatar bet that at the end of season 1, shaun hill or alex smith (whoever ends up starting for me) will have a higher qb rating than donovan mcribb

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Don't love much in the NFL, but...

2 games a year against

commish.jpg

That's a very tempting propisition. Plus, they've got an offense. Right?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if you want the cards just say it broseph. i thought you loved tom-tom though!

p.s. cb i will make you a month long avatar bet that at the end of season 1, shaun hill or alex smith (whoever ends up starting for me) will have a higher qb rating than donovan mcribb

Deal

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Don't love much in the NFL, but...

2 games a year against

commish.jpg

That's a very tempting propisition. Plus, they've got an offense. Right?

Good ol Vic Mackey

curtis_lemansky_funeral-006.jpg

The best episode of any TV show ive ever seen in my life

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
FA's will be on a waiver wire system i just haven't thought it through on who should have first shot and so on. wouldn't be fair to go by team ratings because i think rors would have first crack at anyone :lol
What's wrong with that? :O Come to me, Plax!

LukeSmith said:
Bro, that was nyprimus' team!
Best laid plans... :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well for the most part the teams are filled in. there are 3 teams left and we'll see what happens. you might say "hey! denogg is a lifelong jets fan, why isn't he already in!?"

and the reason he is not already in is because of something that happened in the nba league and i'm going to confer with some people about it. he has been a dependable player when he decides he wants to be a part of the league but when the chips are down.... not so much. i'll talk to everyone i need to and then make a decision on it. couple other things i need to talk to with my co-commishes anyhow :D

......really? -_-

bluemax

Banned
MWS Natural said:
......really? -_-

Check the first page for divisions list/teams list. Jets, Broncos and Cards are the only teams FMT hasn't assigned and it sounded like denogg maybe has the Jets (pending other drama) and Lone maybe has the Cards (pending Nick Saban's will).

Of course with two months to go this is all bound to change a dozen times!

Rorschach

Ok, looking at my schedule, I'm predicting a 4 win season. At least it's more wins than what I'm predicting for the real Raiders.

Just gimme a couple of drafts. Raiders 2011!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well for the most part the teams are filled in. there are 3 teams left and we'll see what happens. you might say "hey! denogg is a lifelong jets fan, why isn't he already in!?"

and the reason he is not already in is because of something that happened in the nba league and i'm going to confer with some people about it. he has been a dependable player when he decides he wants to be a part of the league but when the chips are down.... not so much. i'll talk to everyone i need to and then make a decision on it. couple other things i need to talk to with my co-commishes anyhow :D
Alright. Well, when you guys do decide, just let me know.

DenogginizerOS

I welcome any of the commishes or players who still have a problem with me being in the upcoming league to contact me via PM or via AIM. I think I at least deserve a chance to defend my decision to leave the NBA league.

EDIT: I prefer that all future discussions regarding my status to be handled via PM or AIM.

Lonestar

Can I request that any discussion over me shall be done by Stone Tablet and Smoke Signals. Sweetness.

Not that I have any "say so" or "reputable reputation" but I've got no problem with Denogg, and this is after going back and reading up the mentioned "incident."

Plus, 2 victories (if I get the Patriots and not the Cardinals) :p

Rorschach

Stop sitting on the fence! Cheesetriots or Cardinals?!

I vote that Lonestar be handed the Broncos so I can destroy him twice a season.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Stop sitting on the fence! Cheesetriots or Cardinals?!

I vote that Lonestar be handed the Broncos so I can destroy him twice a season.

indianssmoke.jpg

"I don't know what you're saying, can you put more Mahogany into it next time?"

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Can I request that any discussion over me shall be done by Stone Tablet and Smoke Signals. Sweetness.

Not that I have any "say so" or "reputable reputation" but I've got no problem with Denogg, and this is after going back and reading up the mentioned "incident."

Plus, 2 victories (if I get the Patriots and not the Cardinals) :p

I look forward to a good match of sporting competition, sir.

bluemax said:
Check the first page for divisions list/teams list. Jets, Broncos and Cards are the only teams FMT hasn't assigned and it sounded like denogg maybe has the Jets (pending other drama) and Lone maybe has the Cards (pending Nick Saban's will).

Of course with two months to go this is all bound to change a dozen times!

Well I'm just saying I'm not sure why I would be excluded or at the bottom of the barrel for choice of when I didn't miss a game in either league last season.. I'm not saying over any long time vets of course. I won the 360 league with the Titans and finished the PS3 league with the Cardinals.

DCX

DCX
MWS Natural said:
Well I'm just saying I'm not sure why I would be excluded or at the bottom of the barrel for choice of when I didn't miss a game in either league last season.. I'm not saying over any long time vets of course. I won the 360 league with the Titans and finished the PS3 league with the Cardinals.
Let him pass Go,

DCX

I can't remember a time when we've had such a full set of willing participants so far out from the launch of Madden. Good times!

If we still have a couple of vacancies, those two extra spots should fill out quickly once the official thread is made.

Mrbob

This will be the best online league since Madden 05 xbox...AND NO MORE LEAGUEDADDY WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Protip: Never buy a new console for madden. Or the next year. Wait 4 years into system lifecycle.

Slo

Mrbob said:
This will be the best online league since Madden 05 xbox...AND NO MORE LEAGUEDADDY WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Protip: Never buy a new console for madden. Or the next year. Wait 4 years into system lifecycle.

I'm glad you're finally seeing things my way, jerk! You take you PS3 and shove it!

Mrbob

I'll convert you.

Also, I really hope favre signs with the vikings. Please make it happen. For hilarity alone it will be worth it!

Then the NFC North truly becomes the division of slingin' and slangin'. Cutler, Rodgers, Favre, and the loser Detroit trots out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
Ando wants to come back as the Broncos!

:lol

Scariest joke ever.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
I'll convert you.

Also, I really hope favre signs with the vikings. Please make it happen. For hilarity alone it will be worth it!

Then the NFC North truly becomes the division of slingin' and slangin'. Cutler, Rodgers, Favre, and the loser Detroit trots out.
Rodgers will remain the best QB in the division, even should Bert sign with the Queens.

Detroit is going to bring in Vick, even if the obvious landing spot is Cincinnati.

DenogginizerOS

eznark said:
Rodgers will remain the best QB in the division, even should Bert sign with the Queens.

Detroit is going to bring in Vick, even if the obvious landing spot is Cincinnati.
But where will Ernie play???

eznark said:

Back off my Wildcat Quarterback chump!

DenogginizerOS

Jets' schedule looks pretty interesting towards the end of the year.

Sunday, 09/13/09 1:00 PM @ Houston
Sunday, 09/20/09 1:00 PM New England
Sunday, 09/27/09 1:00 PM Tennessee
Sunday, 10/04/09 4:05 PM @ New Orleans
Monday, 10/12/09 8:30 PM @ Miami ESPN
Sunday, 10/18/09 4:15 PM Buffalo
Sunday, 10/25/09 4:05 PM @ Oakland
Sunday, 11/01/09 1:00 PM Miami
Week 9 - BYE BYE
Sunday, 11/15/09 1:00 PM Jacksonville
Sunday, 11/22/09 TBA* @ New England
Sunday, 11/29/09 TBA* Carolina
Thursday, 12/03/09 8:20 PM @ Buffalo
Sunday, 12/13/09 TBA* @ Tampa Bay
Sunday, 12/20/09 TBA* Atlanta
Sunday, 12/27/09 TBA* @ Indianapolis
Sunday, 01/03/10 TBA* Cincinnati

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
eznark said:

Sweet! Can I put in Culpepper at TE for my Wildcat?

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
Jets' schedule looks pretty interesting towards the end of the year.

Sunday, 12/27/09 TBA* @ Indianapolis

Every single time we've played it's been epic. I'm putting a post it note on the Calendar this time, old friend!

Count on it.

Come home Plaxico! This Manning can actually make all of the throws.

DenogginizerOS

LukeSmith said:
Every single time we've played it's been epic. I'm putting a post it note on the Calendar this time, old friend!

Count on it.

Come home Plaxico! This Manning can actually make all of the throws.
No doubt! Our games make me really want a record feature so I can review the tapes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i updated the original post with updated teams/players.

i've also been looking around opsports for ideas on free agency and stuff and came across this idea which i think is promising:

what do you guys think about something like that? it doesn't need to be exactly the same
I like this idea except that if the cap is really at 315 and I have to cut down the 14 points, I would like to be allowed to play with less than a 53 man roster if that is at all viable. I don't want to cut 4 good players on my team and replace them with scrubs when I can just get rid of 2 or 3 and risk falling prey to the injury bug.

This is going to be a problem for me in subsequent years as the Giants are one of the youngest teams in the league and they will get way better with me at the helm! Striker, I will draft a blue chip OLT to replace Diehl!

Edit: Poor Livewire going to go 0-6 this year in the NFC East!

Well apparently Pat White has been missing throws so badly that they're hitting The Big Tuna's golf carts....

and Vick is getting taken :(

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Edit: Poor Livewire going to go 0-6 this year in the NFC East!

Pfft. There's gonna be a big-ass housecleaning to start the season. I will have plenty of cap room within two seasons. Also might make some blockbuster trades
Haynesworth? :O
. The division is mine. Make your time.

Lonestar

So, if we get disgruntled at our head coach, Can we fire the staff and start a Fire Sale of the Talent???

jeffgeorgebaby.jpg

Bringing Sexy Back

ONCE
MORE
UNTO
THE
BREACH

DenogginizerOS

The son of Ryan has built a pound and punish team in the offseason. If Sanchez progresses, I may be making moves for a WR in the not-so-distant future.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I haven't really read much about the game, but from what I understood we couldn't trade for draft picks, is that true?

Fuck man I almost regret being the Giants. I'd love to build a horrible team into a contender.

Top Bottom