• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

DCX

DCX
n1001187453_30307074_228854.jpg

5414_1118189507210_1001187453_30307075_741842_n.jpg

Cell phone pics FTL.

+ Positives

* Games looks and animates fantasticly, more like VCs games of old in terms of player models and animations

* The tackling is great, got into one of those fumble mini-games and lost but it gives sense of actually fighting for the ball

* QBs look and feel like actual counter parts. Eli and Romo play like themselves, inlcuding Romo driving down the field on me going like 6-9 70 yards and throwing an endzone INT for a TD to Webster. :D

* for the poster than wanted actual first down signals by the players in the right direction, it's in the game. Third and one i ran the ball with BJAC and got close, chain gain came out measured, the team went nuts on the refs first down signal, and BJAC hotdogged it with his own. Again, to the right side :)

* The gamplay is great, from the way a play develops to running lanes and even pursuit of the ball carriers etc are all fine tunned. The pace is slower, but this is football! The League will be fantastic.

* The presentation is top notch. Weather Channel, the snow itself, coachs wearing coats etc are nice

- Negatives

* One minute quarters i could really test out the playbooks or get a nice drive going

* Had an injury, fumble mini game all within one minute, hope this isnt a sign of bad things.

* The player faces kinda suck, they kinda look like them but not really.

* One play had BJAC one on one with a LB and the LB drove him back on a tackle that knocked him back for a gain of one :/ Kinda suspect if you ask me

I know this is just a 4 minutes demo, and maybe of an early rev. So far its better than 09 already. I'll try out the game some more, take some better pics of my digital camera, and i have access to the Superbowl demo and i'm sure i can really get a good sense of the game there.

DCX

Ian and Phil said that the pass rush tweaks that they did after E3 are not in this demo as well as several other tweaks. Just keep that in mind when playing the demo. Also remember how bad the NCAA demo was as compared to the actual retail version.

Edit: Gamestop demo is on live for those that don't know.

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
Ian and Phil said that the pass rush tweaks that they did after E3 are not in this demo as well as several other tweaks. Just keep that in mind when playing the demo. Also remember how bad the NCAA demo was as compared to the actual retail version.

Edit: Gamestop demo is on live for those that don't know.
Indeed it is, downloading that now :D

DCX

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Does Madden still have that Superstar mode where you pick your DNA and get drafted by a team? (I haven't played since 06 but in the only GAF league I was in, I made the Super Bawwwwwwwwl)

SMOKE

Banned
Not hearing good things from these fools that like to exploit the game already.

Things like the Rocket Catch and the curl routes are still there but not as consistent as they would like (which is good imo but we still have weeks til release) but I am pretty sure they're working on it as we speak.

I hope like most have said in some of the NCAA forums about the demo comparisons to the retail game about those certain routes being locked up.

Please GAF, this is my crying plea for a detail feedback of impressions of "will cheaters/cheesers get what they deserve" with all the gameplay changes and tweaks to speed and stuff this year.

I am kinda competitive when it comes to madden and this cheating that has been going on really takes that away. You either just suck it up and continue to play str8 or you try to fight fire with fire. I rather play str8.

DCX

DCX
Just played the SuperBowl Demo.

* Played as the Cards and it's so nice to have two superstar WRs :p The game flow was really good, had Fitz on the outside one on one with the CB and saw that the CB had a step so i threw it short, Fitz came back and caught the ball and the CB didn't do a spider sense turnaround INT on it!! My god, like real life.

* Again, tackling is superb. Willie Parker made a move, and escaped two tackles but my safety in pursuit trucked him for a fumble! Risky hit because if i didn't connect it would have gone for 6

* the presentation was better in this game, showing pregame stuff like fans on line buying food, buying hats, crowd shots, QBs on the phone etc.

I love the game so far, and this is demo status, i'm sure some of the other vets can dissect it better than i can, but i like what i see and with online franchise this is the best Madden ever!

DCX

SMOKE

Banned
DCX said:
Just played the SuperBowl Demo.

* Played as the Cards and it's so nice to have two superstar WRs :p The game flow was really good, had Fitz on the outside one on one with the CB and saw that the CB had a step so i threw it short, Fitz came back and caught the ball and the CB didn't do a spider sense turnaround INT on it!! My god, like real life.

* Again, tackling is superb. Willie Parker made a move, and escaped two tackles but my safety in pursuit trucked him for a fumble! Risky hit because if i didn't connect it would have gone for 6

* the presentation was better in this game, showing pregame stuff like fans on line buying food, buying hats, crowd shots, QBs on the phone etc.

I love the game so far, and this is demo status, i'm sure some of the other vets can dissect it better than i can, but i like what i see and with online franchise this is the best Madden ever!

DCX

I noticed this in one of the devs latest video's and I am glad it has that more realistic coverage approach.:D

Unlike 09 where 1 DB could cover 2 different WRs goin in 2 different directions when they're lined up on the same side.

Now how bout those LB's, are they still super and do defenders still react to passes deep or over the middle as if they knew instantly who you were throwing at the moment you hit the button for that reciever.

Man I cant wait much longer for this.

Oh, one more thing I just read and want to know if you could verify this.

The word is that the run/pass commit has been removed? is this true?

SMOKE

Banned
storybook77 said:
I can't get to the link to work but I'm just going to guess it's Apexfree....troof chaser...

:lol The guy needs a life!

Nah, its not him its someone from the maddenlab who's been posting all kinds of youtube vids of crazy stuff the we were told from the devs had been gone from madden 10.

He did one with a curl route in the endzone but to me it looked like he DB was just clueless.

BigAT

Some quick impressions:

-1 minute quarters is a really, REALLY shitty way to present a demo. It's completely impossible to get into any rhythm of the game at all, especially for me since I play a pretty sim style. I got off 3 plays in the first quarter.

-The game looks much better than I expected. Especially after playing NCAA 10 so much recently, the closeups on players looks really impressive.

-Wide receivers can and will slip in the snow. I threw a pass to a WR and right as he went to pivot and finish up the route he was running he slipped and was unable to get to where he needed to be. Incomplete.

-They have Hakeem Nicks starting at the slot receiver position for the Giants even though he is the highest rated WR on the team (tied). I'm not sure behind the reasoning on this.

-There's absolutely no commentary in the demo, but they managed to include two fucking Snickers ads before you even get to kickoff.

SMOKE said:
Nah, its not him its someone from the maddenlab who's been posting all kinds of youtube vids of crazy stuff the we were told from the devs had been gone from madden 10.

He did one with a curl route in the endzone but to me it looked like he DB was just clueless.

There was a bunch of stuff in the NCAA demo that was fixed in the retail build so a lot of that stuff is probably fixed as well or will be fixed. I don't expect the game to be perfect and sometimes DBs are pretty clueless in real life. Ever screamed "what the fuck are you doing?" at your tv while watching a game? I know I have. :D

SMOKE

Banned
storybook77 said:
There was a bunch of stuff in the NCAA demo that was fixed in the retail build so a lot of that stuff is probably fixed as well or will be fixed. I don't expect the game to be perfect and sometimes DBs are pretty clueless in real life. Ever screamed "what the fuck are you doing?" at your tv while watching a game? I know I have. :D

-Wide receivers can and will slip in the snow. I threw a pass to a WR and right as he went to pivot and finish up the route he was running he slipped and was unable to get to where he needed to be. Incomplete

Yea I feel you on the screaming at the TV on a WTF!!! are you doing type of feel.

And to the bolded, I hope this goes for the defense too, if there is anything that I hated about madden 09 in regards to this was that defenders had perfect footing and balance in all type of weather conditions and would get up at an unrealistic pace and be back on full sprint mode.

But I hope these are just untweaked aspects of the demo.

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang, i'm at work until 5. anyone know if the PSN download went up? my 360 has been repaired and is being shipped back to me but that does me no good TODAY!

Checking now for ya FMT.

psn code is not working...time to download on 360 now.

daw840

sableholic said:
I'm not sure I see the problem. Is it that the ref is saying it was incomplete when he caught it? The footage was a horrible mixture of heavy breathing and zooming in and out way too much.

Yeah, I can't really tell what the issue is either. :lol

SMOKE

Banned
daw840 said:
Yeah, I can't really tell what the issue is either. :lol

Nah, the problem is that he is Rocket Catching in madden 10 when the devs have stated they have fixed this. When he pauses and zooms in he is showing you the immediate stopping on a dime and turning to catch the ball at its highest point ( notice the landing target about 4-5yds behind him out of bounds) with the defens ejust standing around but if in fact the ball is drooped due to the tackles on the wr then I am going to check and see how successful it is.

daw840

SMOKE said:
Nah, the problem is that he is Rocket Catching in madden 10 when the devs have stated they have fixed this. When he pauses and zooms in he is showing you the immediate stopping on a dime and turning to catch the ball at its highest point ( notice the landing target about 4-5yds behind him out of bounds) with the defens ejust standing around but if in fact the ball is drooped due to the tackles on the wr then I am going to check and see how successful it is.

I think that's Larry Fitzgerald. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see him jumping up and making a catch like that. Furthermore, it looks like the CB was human controlled, and poorly, and the safety was just over the top like he should. I don't really see a problem here.

SMOKE

Banned
daw840 said:
I think that's Larry Fitzgerald. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see him jumping up and making a catch like that. Furthermore, it looks like the CB was human controlled, and poorly, and the safety was just over the top like he should. I don't really see a problem here.

You must dont play much but besides the fact that it Larry, it can be done with just about anyone and its very frustrating and annoying to have this done to you since you clearly have no idea whats i'm talking about.

But do me a favor and just youtube rocket catching and you will see, and if you remember the Spec Catch animation that would freeze the defenders while the wr was in the air making catches and the defenders looked like they were in shock & awe.

Basically its not good but only a few WRs should have that exception and fitz is one of them. But if he can do this manually then everyone else can too.

daw840

SMOKE said:
You must dont play much but besides the fact that it Larry, it can be done with just about anyone and its very frustrating and annoying to have this done to you since you clearly have no idea whats i'm talking about.

But do me a favor and just youtube rocket catching and you will see, and if you remember the Spec Catch animation that would freeze the defenders while the wr was in the air making catches and the defenders looked like they were in shock & awe.

Basically its not good but only a few WRs should have that exception and fitz is one of them. But if he can do this manually then everyone else can too.

Look junior. I play plenty. If you want to get right down to it, the rocket catch is a little cheap but it opens the receiver up to get nailed by a safety and knock the ball loose. Furthermore, here in the league manually controlling the receiver has not been allowed in previous leagues.

ps. "you must dont play much" sounds retarded.

SMOKE

Banned
daw840 said:
Look junior. I play plenty. If you want to get right down to it, the rocket catch is a little cheap but it opens the receiver up to get nailed by a safety and knock the ball loose. Furthermore, here in the league manually controlling the receiver has not been allowed in previous leagues.

ps. "you must dont play much" sounds retarded.

Now I sound retarded right?

I just dont play in 1 league and I know its not tolerated here but there is more leagues for people to play in ( since there isnt one for the PS3 here) that have people who slip shit in like this RC crap.

Cheap isnt even a word I would use to describe this tactic and the people who use it plain out sucks.

But its frustrating when someone exclusively uses this all gm long when the rest of there gameplay falls apart aside from using this.

Demo ony been out a few hours man and people are all on this on madden messasge boards everywhere and if you dont believe me then go check over at Operationsports.

We were told by the devs this was GONE!!! And its still here!!!

But you might wanna read that last part a few times so it will sink in with you POPS:D

SMOKE said:

show me a video from madden '10 where it's being done with someone who doesn't have a high jump rating and we'll talk.

i need this to be in the game, crabtree has like a 97 jump rating!!

p.s. i just watched the video.... what's the problem? fitz looks back for the ball, stops, jumps up and catches it.

i always thought "rocket" catch was when the pass was 5 yards away from them and the animation would speed up and "rocket" them to the ball. although i suppose that would be called a boost catch :/

daw840

SMOKE said:
Now I sound retarded right?

I just dont play in 1 league and I know its not tolerated here but there is more leagues for people to play in ( since there isnt one for the PS3 here) that have people who slip shit in like this RC crap.

Cheap isnt even a word I would use to describe this tactic and the people who use it plain out sucks.

But its frustrating when someone exclusively uses this all gm long when the rest of there gameplay falls apart aside from using this.

Demo ony been out a few hours man and people are all on this on madden messasge boards everywhere and if you dont believe me then go check over at Operationsports.

We were told by the devs this was GONE!!! And its still here!!!

But you might wanna read that last part a few times so it will sink in with you POPS:D

LOL. I don't play in any other leagues, sorry. The only people I play online against are my IRL friends and my GAF friends in this league. I never had a problem getting cheesed by anyone here, except 1 whose name will not be mentioned
Ando

I was just being a bit of a grammar nazi on the last part, JUNIOR!:D

DMczaf

:lol Ben tried to throw a high comeback pass over the middle to his slot, where in 09 that would be an auto catch, not today! My DB jumped with him, over his back, knocked the ball out and tackled his ass down for good measure!

Suck it, Ben!

SMOKE

Banned
daw840 said:
LOL. I don't play in any other leagues, sorry. The only people I play online against are my IRL friends and my GAF friends in this league. I never had a problem getting cheesed by anyone here, except 1 whose name will not be mentioned
Ando

I was just being a bit of a grammar nazi on the last part, JUNIOR!:D

Ok its cool:lol

And FMT, rocket catching is a bullet pass thrown high and then as the ball is almost to the wr the user takes control of the intended reciever and holds down a combination of buttons to make this overthrown ball catchable.

But it should be soon that we see this done wih lower rated WRs but its just the fact that this can be done at will at any given time and it cuts the route off real short from where its intended to be in the first place and your defenders are either trying to wait for the ball to land in there hands or they sit there looking in shock at how high he jumped to get it out the air.

Somnia

Ya I'm really digging this demo. I've noticed a lot of improvements over last years game for sure. I thought I had the game won, but Warner got hit just as he was passing and the ball went flying our all whobbley and got picked off and they won with a field goal =(

I tried doing the Wild Cat a few times and each time failed by me losing at least 1-2 yards each time. Also did they remove the ability to commit to the pass/run?

DCX

DCX
Ok, one thing i see i'm going to hate...the fumble mini game. Just happened twice in like a minute...first one was iffy ok i lost it, this one it showed my guys there and had it then it "activated " the mini game and i lost because i don't have a turbo controller, twf!

DCX

Somnia

DCX said:
Ok, one thing i see i'm going to hate...the fumble mini game. Just happened twice in like a minute...first one was iffy ok i lost it, this one it showed my guys there and had it then it "activated " the mini game and i lost because i don't have a turbo controller, twf!

DCX

I haven't had that happen yet, but I've seen quite a few injuries already. The guy sacked Warner and got hurt and Warner stood up and started yelling down at the guy like he tackled the LB :lol

Greg

Is anyone willing to activate their PS3 code on a separate account so I can download it as well? Putting the PS3 demo up a week later was a shit idea - I need my Madden fix.

DCX said:

DCX

I'm thinking the people in charge of the demo may have tuned certain aspects to occur more often than they would in the actual game.

GQman2121

Banned
Greg said:
Is anyone willing to activate their PS3 code on a separate account so I can download it as well? Putting the PS3 demo up a week later was a shit idea - I need my Madden fix.

I got you Greg. I'm going to download it now, so I'm pm you the details once it's complete. ;)

Jtrizzy

I figured the whole reason you guys didn't allow manual control of the receiver was rocket catches. That shit has been in Madden for many years now. I agree that it sucks, but then again I've never been one to do manual control while the ball is in the air unless it was a bomb.

Any word on whether the ps3 gamestop code is working? I'm kind of waffling which voucher to get now. nm

augmental

DCX said:

DCX

Do any of your own guys celebrate when you lose the fumbles? I want to play this so bad but I am at work. I am glad that they didn't hold the demo until 8 CST though.

LJ11

SMOKE said:

That didn't look too bad though, he stops short + user catch. When I start seeing guys rocket catch over two DB's, one DB deep with a buzz zone underneath, with ease, then I'll start to worry about it. Though I've come to the conclusion stuff like this will never totally be removed from the game, the tourney players want it in.

Thanks for the impressions fellas, I didn't preorder so no demo for me.

Top Bottom