• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Matrix said:
The thing is AJ was catching passes when BJ had control of the Schaub/AJ combo. This game makes no sense to me :lol Unless something does happen to the QB and cause BJ threw a billion int's it somehow screwed up Matt this season. I have had some head shaking drops with players all season long.

The only team AJ has any success at catching the ball against is the Colts of all teams. In both games I actually caught 3 passes and a td! :eek:
DHB's last 2 games: 1 catch, 4 drops. Schilens last 3 games: 0 catches 4 drops, 3 out of bounds catches. -_-

I feel ya, brotha!

DHB: 94 catch
Schilens: 90 catch

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LJ11 said:
Just an fyi, but there's only one game left.

waiting.gif

Ramirez

AstroLad said:
aww i wanted to give ram a birthday present
25zkmqp.jpg

btw ram let me know if you just want me to play the cpu. dunno if you're still taking a principled stand against despicable broken d-line play or whatever.

Well with you playing the DL, I might as well be playing the cpu anyways.

I will run up the score if I get the chance, probably won't, but I can hope. Maybe I can make you nerd rage and quit the league again for 5 minutes.

Who signaled for the commish with no power?

Rorschach said:
Time for storybook heroics!

Is Bluemax around tonight? I should be available in an hour or so.

Sorry for the delay guys but my bro is shipping out for a year to Korea and was visiting this week before leaving.

CB3 said:
I dont mean to sound like an attack, but were you guys talking during the week? We've been advanced since monday and im sure this family visit didnt take him by surprise.

Catch me by surprise? no. I knew we advanced early though, and if you let guys like Bob routinely wait til the last minute for no GOOD reason then why can't you wait for me when I actually have a legit excuse.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ramirez said:
quit the league again for 5 minutes.
oh i'm sure you will. the only thing that could ever make the league not worth it to me is just insane amounts of crying and everyone in the league knows you're the king of that!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hard game to explain, really. LJ put in Dixon for a seemingly long time, so perhaps he was going easy on me. He had me on time of possesion, like 28 minutes to 11 minutes, but I had more offensive yards. Even with 6 drops. 6. 2 or 3 dropped 1st downs, a dropped TD pass.

CPU even claimed a TE catch to be ruled out of bounds, after:

1: He has 4 steps in bounds
B: Gets late hit going out of bounds, and penalized for it
T: Because of the clock (which seemed to start off on something less than 25 seconds) winding down, I called my last TO to avoid the Delay of Game.
18: After the TO, is when the CPU decides it's going to review that catch, which is rules to be out of bounds.
Charles Chaplin: I don't get my Time out back afterwards, and lose the yards gained.

As per usual, the game is there for the taking, but shit happens. Fight back from 10-0 in the 1st, to down 13-10 at the half, and I get the ball first. Couple plays later, my 1st turnover.

That's probably the last time I'll face LJ for this Madden iteration... 0-6

Rorschach

I can't wait for the draft. :(

W00t storybook comes on, but we lose bluemax. :(

Oh well, I'm in no hurry to get my ass kicked by the Chargers anyway.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:

I know I need D help still, but now I feel I need to draft WR's or a new QB :lol I think Schaub might be broken now since I have followed up BJ's season with awfulness.

Rorschach said:

W00t storybook comes on, but we lose bluemax. :(

I should be up for a few hours so if he should appear and see this, I'll be available around 11:30 EST to about 1:00 EST.

Unless he shows up before my wife finishes her working out to her dvd, then I'll pass on watching Survivor with her tonight to go ahead and play the game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I finally figured it out. LJ's a dirrty goddamn cheater.

So many nights, I've not slept a wink, paranoid that LJ lurks in the shadows, but NO MORE.

I'll get you guys the proof. I just need to sneak into his house, and find the evidence!!!11111

RedwoodShores.gif

LJ11

Yeah, I just wanted to give Dixon a ride for a quarter.

Kind of strange how some of these QBs have generic releases, and get the ball out faster than their throwing power indicates.

Would love to have a guy like White, really opens up the playbook with some nifty stuff.

Edit: ^:lol

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
I should be up for a few hours so if he should appear and see this, I'll be available around 11:30 EST to about 1:00 EST.

Unless he shows up before my wife finishes her working out to her dvd, then I'll pass on watching Survivor with her tonight to go ahead and play the game.

Oh shit I'm here

edit: but I need to take a crap, give me 5 minutes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want Rors or Pheenicks to play me using the Titans. It wouldn't feel right playing anyone else.

Ramirez

AstroLad said:
oh i'm sure you will. the only thing that could ever make the league not worth it to me is just insane amounts of crying and everyone in the league knows you're the king of that!

Do you want to do this tonight so that I don't have to hear your complaining about me complaining?

BigAT

daw840 said:
Yeah, I can't believe how close that game was. As you saw though, without Fat Williams my run D really stunk it up. I couldn't stop you at all on that last drive. What bothered me the most was that you could just run because once you were past midfield by a few yards you were in FG range. Therefore, no reason to take a chance passing the ball. Probably the closest game I have played all season. Can't believe TJack actually came through in the clutch with that pass to Ian Johnson while scrambling.

That was definitely my line of thinking. I got the ball to I believe your 45 and at that point I resolved to myself that I was comfortable with attempting a 62 yarder for the win. Thankfully it didn't need to come to anything quite that dramatic.

Sinistar (I think he's taken over the Lions?), what's your availability like tomorrow?

Matrix

Zep said:
sorry princess, you have to play me.

You really want to face Bjoern? Plus I decided I'm going to HB toss all game for a change since I won't be doing that in my last two games. Might as well play one game where I cheese.

I'll destroy you in Show if you beat me in Madden. Always keep that in mind.

Matrix

CB3 said:
Is Ian Johnson the Boise st. RB right? I didnt even know he made an NFL roster

Yea thats him

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
You really want to face Bjoern? Plus I decided I'm going to HB toss all game for a change since I won't be doing that in my last two games. Might as well play one game where I cheese.

I'll destroy you in Show if you beat me in Madden. Always keep that in mind.

I've learned my lesson after playing bluemax... No more manual defense control when the ball is passed! Shit is broke.

Matrix

Zep said:
I've learned my lesson after playing bluemax... No more manual defense control when the ball is passed! Shit is broke.

You don't really need to worry about me passing, that part of my game is broken as fuck :lol

Mrbob

storybook77 said:
Catch me by surprise? no. I knew we advanced early though, and if you let guys like Bob routinely wait til the last minute for no GOOD reason then why can't you wait for me when I actually have a legit excuse.

I've been on the ball this season. Suck it down and don't make me your scape goat. :D

bluemax

Banned
And the dream dies.

Fucking Stephen Jackson was a monster and a half, and my O line decided not to protect half the game.

I don't think Jackson went down on first contact a single time in that game, and then the icing touchdown when he breaks through 4 defenders? Madden didn't want me to win.

GG Story, I knew I'd lose to you at least once this season.

Edit: 122 of 163 yards after first contact. Unreal.

bluemax

Banned
Aww damn FMT clinched a playoff spot with my loss. Well that sucks. I'm still mathematically alive for a WC spot but it isn't particularly realistic.

daw840

BigAT said:
That was definitely my line of thinking. I got the ball to I believe your 45 and at that point I resolved to myself that I was comfortable with attempting a 62 yarder for the win. Thankfully it didn't need to come to anything quite that dramatic.

Sinistar (I think he's taken over the Lions?), what's your availability like tomorrow?

I was RAGING about that for a bit. I mean, come on, I have been able to contain the run all fucking season. No problems. As soon as a lose that one key point in my DL I just can't stop it anymore. Furthermore, there is no way anyone should be able to hit a 59 yard field goal. That should be nearly impossible. You should have felt the need to pass when you are 3rd and 5, but no, you just ran through the hole that Fatty left when he got injured......last week I would have taken that game to OT damn it.

Matrix

Zep, when can you play?

Matrix

K going on, you send the invite

Nightz

Birdman would you happen to be around by any chance?

Rorschach said:
Oh well, I'm in no hurry to get my ass kicked by the Chargers anyway.
This is probably the only time I'll ever say this, but I hope the Raiders beat the Chargers.

storybook77 said:
gg fmt. English and Broussard killed me.

yeah that was a gg. thought you were going to run me out of the stadium after you went up 14-0. you had english's # all game.... 3 picks thrown :( although one of them was by accident.... i pressed A to snap quickly because the 2 minute warning was approaching and i pressed it a few times so it registered after the fact for the freebe int. but realistically he should have thrown 5 or 6 picks. your guys dropped a bunch of gimmes.

and hewitt is a motherfucker. two long ass broken tackle receptions. i held Sjax in check for most of the game. thank god i got that pick and subsequent TD to make it 14-10 or else you could have just run the rest of the game and eventually broken a big one.

the march to the #2 seed continues!

Matrix

GG Zep and fuck you for wearing the Oilers jerseys. You are getting shit on in MLB since you won't have your stacked home team.

I seriously hate this game sometimes. Again I get picked off with Schaub getting knocked and not sacked and a D-line man picks me off in my own red zone as the ball just floats in the air. Ball just pops out, fix this fucking shit EA. That play set Zep up perfectly against my shitty secondary for an easy td.

Also again die in a fire Kris Brown, cant even make a 40 something yard fg cause your leg is for shit.

Zep

Banned
Dude, remember that 3&6 play where Johnson caught the ball...but he didn't! I swore I saw him turn up-field and start running. Game has its moments of wtf.

And fuck your RB..Chump broke that 3man gangbang and took it to the house?! :-/

And I did that Oilers thing just to rile you up a bit.. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man. tried to fair catch it on that gamebreaker fumble at the end but them's the breaks. must have been like seven fumbles that game. lots of fun though almost start to finish

Matrix

Zep said:
Dude, remember that 3&6 play where Johnson caught the ball...but he didn't! I swore I saw him turn up-field and start running. Game has its moments of wtf.

And fuck your RB..Chump broke that 3man gangbang and took it to the house?! :-/

And I did that Oilers thing just to rile you up a bit.. :lol

Yea he did catch the ball and was turning to break away and they counted it as a drop cause Schaub got hit and hurt. That was also the game cause I let that get to me and got angry about the shitty bs of EA and I let the clock run down and had to punt.

AJ now has 12 drops and still leads the league.

Top Bottom