• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

yeah bob is tough in the 2nd half of the season. for some reason he has never bothered to show up early in seasons, then he has to scratch and claw to get a wildcard spot.

due to EA's tiebreaker, you pretty much have to win out BigAT. or else you could find yourself playing on the road for your wildcard game!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
I've said this since season one. He's done this like every year with us. :|

A lot of tv shows go on breaks, he has time to concentrate on Madden more.

Birdman02

Nightz, I'll be around if you happen to see this in the next couple of hours. It's looking like I probably won't be able to play tonight, after all. About 7 cst is the latest I can start.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Anyone follow Chad on FB? He's on a roll lately.

:lol :lol :lol
Dude is the man, he's just so honest.

Edit: Sorry to hear Blue.... GCQ is really good though. At least you and I will get good draft picks. :(

I guess it goes to show that just because someone is 1-12 in this league doesn't mean they can't beat you. I knew not to underestimate Storybook because my games against him are never easy. Against GCQ I had some chances on offense but things like dropped passes on third down hurt me. That and the two INTs.

When my defense doesn't win on turnovers, I lose most of the time. I don't seem to get enough stops otherwise.

Also for whatever reason I can not win on the road, every season I think I manage 1-2 road wins tops. I don't know what it is. I know early in this game the timing of everything felt off, from kicking to passing. It got better later on but I dunno.

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
Nightz, I'll be around if you happen to see this in the next couple of hours. It's looking like I probably won't be able to play tonight, after all. About 7 cst is the latest I can start.
I think I'll be home before then, but will let you know for sure when I'm headed home.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hell, bears could still win the NFC north. but there are a couple things we do know: 49ers and Saints are in the playoffs! we finally made it brother!

p.s. and i'm getting gore back for the playoffs! fuck yeah!
go us! So this is the first for both of us, but we both were screwed out of the playoffs once. Two out of three seasons, not bad

sableholic said:
go us! So this is the first for both of us, but we both were screwed out of the playoffs once. Two out of three seasons, not bad

except i was screwed out of the playoffs in season 1 and season 2. that is why i've had to play all the first place teams in subsequent seasons and astro has played all the 2nd place teams.... despite him making the playoffs and me not making it :(

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah bob is tough in the 2nd half of the season. for some reason he has never bothered to show up early in seasons, then he has to scratch and claw to get a wildcard spot.

due to EA's tiebreaker, you pretty much have to win out BigAT. or else you could find yourself playing on the road for your wildcard game!

Realistically, I think I'll be alright even if I split my last two. It's just frustrating being behind alphabetically every competitive team in the NFC besides the Saints.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
except i was screwed out of the playoffs in season 1 and season 2. that is why i've had to play all the first place teams in subsequent seasons and astro has played all the 2nd place teams.... despite him making the playoffs and me not making it :(
Oh didn't realize it happened to you twice, guess I can't complain as much

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
were you screwed out of the playoffs in s2? i won the west fair and square then but dont remember how all the wildcards broke down so maybe that's what you're referring to

AstroLad said:
were you screwed out of the playoffs in s2? i won the west fair and square then but dont remember how all the wildcards broke down so maybe that's what you're referring to

nope, i won season 2 as well. that is why i have played the packers and bucs (division winners from last season) this season.

we finished with the same record last season, split head to head, had the same division record, but i think i had a better conference record. i don't remember, all i know is "in the game" it had me in first place, but then no :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG to Livewire TG (Terrible) to EA and Tiburon.

No weather effects but there were a combined SEVEN fumbles. Two on one play as is usually the case nowadays and both of my guys just flat out dropped the ball while running through a cluster of bodies, not engaged in any tackles! (Jacobs 96 CAR, Brown 99). It ridiculous.

LiveWire

BigAT said:
Realistically, I think I'll be alright even if I split my last two. It's just frustrating being behind alphabetically every competitive team in the NFC besides the Saints.

Yea, that must suck, sorry man. :(

LiveWire

Wellington said:
GG to Livewire TG (Terrible) to EA and Tiburon.

No weather effects but there were a combined SEVEN fumbles. Two on one play as is usually the case nowadays and both of my guys just flat out dropped the ball while running through a cluster of bodies, not engaged in any tackles! (Jacobs 96 CAR, Brown 99). It ridiculous.

So ridiculous. It's like make-up turnovers. Even with that, I was still battling back at the 2 minute warning. But for me, the game was over here:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17105944

I knew no matter what I did from then on, Madden would guide the Giants to a win. :/

The minor bright spots:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17105486

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17105730

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
On the plus side, my defense has really come into it's own after the changes. Bradley is a tackling machine at MLB and Davion Kelly is going to be excellent next season after progression. Clint Sintim, with 11 sacks on the year now, will be ridiculous after progression as well. I can't wait.

Still not set on my front four though. The changes helped out Stroud quite a bit, and this is the best I've ever seen my DL play aside from my own guy, but I need more production from RE.

We'll see what they can do against Somnia and his good OL before getting too crazy.

Birdman02

GG Nightz. It's good to know that your DEs can catch better than my TE. As if his dropped easy TD didn't piss me off enough, my defense follows it up by immediately allowing a ~70 yd run for a TD. I got in a whole early and then started giving the ball away.

I can't wait for the offseason to get here.

Nightz

GG Birdman. You had some rough breaks with those picks and I was fortunate enough to have my defense in the right position on some plays where Deangelo could've broken a huge run. I was scared after your long drive that led to a score in the third. You had all the momentum at that point. Fortunately my D held up and I was able to come away with the win.

Birdman02 said:
GG Nightz. It's good to know that your DEs can catch better than my TE.
Yeah that drop was pretty huge. I had turned away because I thought it was a TD and when I looked back I saw the ball on the ground. And :lol @ my DE's. Michael Johnson has stepped it up this year with 5 picks. I guess it's pretty tough to throw it over a 6'7" dude.

Somnia

Wellington said:
On the plus side, my defense has really come into it's own after the changes. Bradley is a tackling machine at MLB and Davion Kelly is going to be excellent next season after progression. Clint Sintim, with 11 sacks on the year now, will be ridiculous after progression as well. I can't wait.

Still not set on my front four though. The changes helped out Stroud quite a bit, and this is the best I've ever seen my DL play aside from my own guy, but I need more production from RE.

We'll see what they can do against Somnia and his good OL before getting too crazy.
:lol

My oline has been so fucking horrible the last 3 games. It's like when Romo went down they just said fuck it.

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:

My oline has been so fucking horrible the last 3 games. It's like when Romo went down they just said fuck it.
maybe they did, Pennington isn't going to buy them shit to protect him, Romo had the big bucks.

DCX

Rorschach

Somnia said:

I was talking about this to Boobles last night. I think the quarterback does make a difference in line behavior. Based on the QB I put in, the pressure gets there at different rates even if it's the same DL. Painter has better accuracy and power on paper, but the DL just obliterates the OL instantly and he can't make throws under pressure. Delhomme has lower power and accuracy, but the OL gives him all day in the pocket. White sits between both of them in both categories, but the rush gets to him faster than Delhomme. The only reason I started him was for progression and because Delhomme's arm is completely limp. I wanted to start Painter, but it turns out his POT sucks, he can't make throws under pressure, and the rush obliterates my OL when he's in there. I'm talking instant pressure/sacks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I was talking about this to Boobles last night. I think the quarterback does make a difference in line behavior. Based on the QB I put in, the pressure gets there at different rates even if it's the same DL. Painter has better accuracy and power on paper, but the DL just obliterates the OL instantly and he can't make throws under pressure. Delhomme has lower power and accuracy, but the OL gives him all day in the pocket. White sits between both of them in both categories, but the rush gets to him faster than Delhomme. The only reason I started him was for progression and because Delhomme's arm is completely limp. I wanted to start Painter, but it turns out his POT sucks, he can't make throws under pressure, and the rush obliterates my OL when he's in there. I'm talking instant pressure/sacks.

That and it looks like both OL and DL have a team rating of some kind. Meaning, if you improve one spot everyone plays a little better. My DL has been ridiculous with the addition to Sintim to the line. DSkillz pointed this out to me with the Lions. He added JPete to the DL and all of a sudden everyone played way better.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
That and it looks like both OL and DL have a team rating of some kind. Meaning, if you improve one spot everyone plays a little better. My DL has been ridiculous with the addition to Sintim to the line. DSkillz pointed this out to me with the Lions. He added JPete to the DL and all of a sudden everyone played way better.
I think that aspect is a little bit of a numbers game. If you put in a beastly defensive lineman, he's going to demand more attention. If you put in a beastly LT, he's going to need less help and might even take out two guys. When I played crow, his tackle took out the rushing LB (Howard) and rushing DE (Seymour) in one take. :lol

AstroLad said:
hm i don't really remember i thought i won it legit. oh well.

here we go: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19077114&postcount=14366

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

i was mistaken that the 3rd tie breaker was conference record. it is actually common games!

Mrbob

Anyone wants to play Burnout on PS3 sometime let me know. I just bought the 30 dollar complete bundle off of psn that has everything.

Nightz

Striker said:
I see Michael Johnson got another pick for Nightz.

That machine has five INT's - no sacks, either! Wtf
michael-johnson-track-photo.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Anyone wants to play Burnout on PS3 sometime let me know. I just bought the 30 dollar complete bundle off of psn that has everything.

I asked FMT if he wanted to get that going tonight but he went to jerk off to that guy from Titanic

Rorschach

CB3 said:
I asked FMT if he wanted to get that going tonight but he went to jerk off to that guy from Titanic
DiCaprio or Zane? FMT seems more like a DiCaprio guy since he likes the effeminate Alex Smith types.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I think that aspect is a little bit of a numbers game. If you put in a beastly defensive lineman, he's going to demand more attention. If you put in a beastly LT, he's going to need less help and might even take out two guys. When I played crow, his tackle took out the rushing LB (Howard) and rushing DE (Seymour) in one take. :lol
Hmmm you're probably right. I'm just shocked at how well Stroud is blowing through the one on ones when before he was getting stonewalled.

I really would like to thank Kareem McKenzie for allowing me three sacks. :D The double agent at work!!

Top Bottom