• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Its in the order of Jacobs/Brown/Bradshaw:

20tseo7.jpg

WTF! And not included in that is the BTKs by my receivers who just beasted on Jets D.

Look!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17419326

Also:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17419247

^^^^
That pass would 100% be intercepted if I threw it.

Just signed out of the league. It was great competing against you all this year even if it was with a shitty team. Looking forward to playing again in Madden 11. See some of you in MLB 10 hopefully.

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:
Just signed out of the league. It was great competing against you all this year even if it was with a shitty team. Looking forward to playing again in Madden 11. See some of you in MLB 10 hopefully.

I'll never forget you destroying me in season 1 - it was fun Storybook, take care

Rorschach said:
Not as sad as you raising a Rams fan. That's child abuse, bruh.

My little girl already has Falcons gear, thank you very much! :D

If it weren't for DCX, I wouldn't be stuck with the little four legged curly horned creatures.

Rorschach

storybook77 said:

If it weren't for DCX, I wouldn't be stuck with the little four legged curly horned creatures.
I offered you the Raiders and you laughed in my face! Who's laughing now?! :eek:

Well, good luck with Suh! In terms of Maddenosity, it would be better for you if they draft a QB that Donny will surely overrate.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:

DCX suffered for years because of Truelize. Now's your turn! :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
After having one of the worst run D's in the league last year, probably bottom five, I am happy to say I at least finished this season with the #3 rushing D in the league behind the speed freaks Rors and Luke. The biggest game changer? Putting Stew Bradley in at MLB. Dude was a monster there from the moment I started playing him. The kicker? 74 SPD, 84 ACC, 80 AGI. :lol The 91 PUR and 93 TAK made him a game changer I guess. Him, Davion Kelly (my rook S) and Kenny Phillips just ate up the run all year. The DL ate up blockers like no ones business, allowing them all to run free.

I was happy with my pass D, but I gave up a lot of big plays because of my style, so whatever. 10th in points allowed and 11th in yards allowed. Good turn around from how the season started.

My rook LB kinda sucked tho, wtf. I don't know what it is but my safeties always just destroy the run and my LBs don't get there. 39 Tackles I guess is okay, but he started all 16 games.

Rorschach

Pursuit and tackle are 1a and 1b for MLBs. Speed isn't that important. Call me a speed demon, but Morrison has 73 speed. :D I also play an LB with [64 SPD (Speed)]. -_-

And I was doing just fine before I got Kassem.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I really don't get what makes one LB perform and another not do the same. Boley has 92 PUR and 80 SPD but *19* tackles on the year. That is awful. Although it does seem like most people get way more production out of MLBs than any other LB spot.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Pursuit and tackle are 1a and 1b for MLBs. Speed isn't that important. Call me a speed demon, but Morrison has 73 speed. :D I also play an LB with [64 SPD (Speed)]. -_-

And I was doing just fine before I got Kassem.

I dunno, if that were the case, Chris Wilson and H.B. Blades (64 and 63 OVR) would be studs. Both have 90 PUR. Wilson has 71 and Blades 82 TAK, so yes, those two ratings aren't 90+, but still PUR alone doesn't do it--Blades' 82 should be high enough to have him playing a lot better. Orakpo has an 89 TAK and led this Skins in tackles. Blades would never even get close to Orakpo's performance. It's not even awareness or play recognition either, as Wilson, Blades and Orakpo all have mid 60 ratings in those areas.

I'd say it's SPD and PUR are 1a and 1b. The one rating where Orakpo separates from those two: 83 SPD vs Wilson's 75 and Blades 67.

Wellington said:
I really don't get what makes one LB perform and another not do the same. Boley has 92 PUR and 80 SPD but *19* tackles on the year. That is awful. Although it does seem like most people get way more production out of MLBs than any other LB spot.

Well and part of it I guess depends on the playcalling of your opponents, which direction they run/pass to the most. You can't expect your OLBs to be making plays on the opposite side of the field. MLBs have a better chance of being involved in most defensive plays.

Striker

Only positive points I had was finishing first in total defense (227.5), first in pass defense (148.4), and third in points allowed (17.69). My offense was poor in yardage, run game stalled in the second half of the season, and WR's began to get injured. I think I have been forced to make changes. After these past two of trying to fix the defense, it could be time.

Also would like a new kicker and punter.

Agree about speed not being vastly important for MLB, or ILB in general. D'Qwell Jackson had a "down year" in terms of tackles (49), but Sneed did make more this season (60). He had above 65 in the prior two seasons, I believe. Block shed is also a key for those inside, at least for a 3-4 caliber defense.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm proud of my run game and I guess my LB play/ and run d wasn't that bad. Everything else was shit for me.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
I dunno, if that were the case, Chris Wilson and H.B. Blades (64 and 63 OVR) would be studs. Both have 90 PUR. Wilson has 71 and Blades 82 TAK, so yes, those two ratings aren't 90+, but still PUR alone doesn't do it--Blades' 82 should be high enough to have him playing a lot better. Orakpo has an 89 TAK and led this Skins in tackles. Blades would never even get close to Orakpo's performance. It's not even awareness or play recognition either, as Wilson, Blades and Orakpo all have mid 60 ratings in those areas.
That's why I said 1a and 1b. I didn't say one overwrote the other. You need both. 71 is downright horrible. I also specified MLB. There are obviously other factors to take into consideration, but tackle and pursuit are the most important for MLBs IMO. How many times did you even play Wilson with all those better LBs on your roster, anyway?

[edit] Oh, and like I said, my leading tackler for 2 years had low 70s speed.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
That's why I said 1a and 1b. I didn't say one overwrote the other. You need both. 71 is downright horrible. I also specified MLB. There are obviously other factors to take into consideration, but tackle and pursuit are the most important for MLBs IMO. How many times did you even play Wilson with all those better LBs on your roster, anyway?

[edit] Oh, and like I said, my leading tackler for 2 years had low 70s speed.

Oops, my bad, I didn't notice the MLB part. If that's the case I agree; OLBs should have speed/pur. Blades is an MLB but Wilson is OLB. I had to play Wilson and Blades a few games last season when I was without Orakpo and Nicholas went down for extended periods of time in a few games due to injury.

Smokey

CB3 said:
All the important games are done no?

SIM IT

no, they are not.

my game against pats decides who gets in the playoffs between myself and tj

lonestar has been sick though, so we'll play whenever he feels better.

sad to see you go storybook but thank you so much for enduring the awful rams these 3 seasons. you (and basically all the new people to be honest!) have been a real bright spot in the league.

it's not easy to stay interested or play your games on time when you have a bad team or a bad record but you have been one of the most dependable people in the league. and i honestly doubt you would be stuck with the rams in madden '11. as i say every year, hardcores get their teams, but after that it just comes down to how active you have been in the past and you get an A+ from me so you will definitely have a choice of some better teams next season.

unless of course you WANT the rams :X

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Guess it was smart we had the league on the 360 this year, what has Sony done :lol

My old 20 GB PS3 is fucked, thankfully my slim works fine. Looks like the Show league might get delayed :(

So hurry up and get the playoffs over with so we can start season 4.

bluemax

Banned
I will miss you Storybook. I went 3-3 against you and I respect you for being able to put up with such a lousy team for 3 seasons. I think with a slightly better team you'd be a force in this league.

daw840

I believe I play Sinistar this week. I should be home at about 4:30 CST, so if your going to be around lets get this done!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Smokey said:
no, they are not.

my game against pats decides who gets in the playoffs between myself and tj

lonestar has been sick though, so we'll play whenever he feels better.
Still sick, getting pissed at being sick this long.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Guess it was smart we had the league on the 360 this year, what has Sony done :lol

My old 20 GB PS3 is fucked, thankfully my slim works fine. Looks like the Show league might get delayed :(

What have they done?

I was on my PS3 (60GB) yesterday and finished Heavy Rain, and didn't notice anything wrong with PSN ?

PBY

Banned
Whoever owns the Titans, I wont be able to play til late tonight.... but at this point I don't really care if the game is simmed or you play the CPU; I have midterms and I don't wanna hold up the league

Zep

Banned
peterb0y said:
Whoever owns the Titans, I wont be able to play til late tonight.... but at this point I don't really care if the game is simmed or you play the CPU; I have midterms and I don't wanna hold up the league

i'll be around

TheCrow

peterb0y said:

Nice tag. :D

FUCK. Midterm in a hour and I pulled another allnighter. Why do I do this to myself? D:

Rorschach

Matrix said:

It'll blow over in a few hours. It won't delay MLB.

Smokey

storybook77 said:
Did you finish before or after 7 PM EST? That's when shit hit the fan.

I was playing for a couple hours but I think I actually finished it sometime after 7pm est? Maybe that would explain why I didn't get my fucking Four Heroes trophy or w/e it's called after I completed the game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What's the target date for the rookie draft? Is there anyway we can do it on or before the night of Wednesday, March 17th?

Also, how are we picking FA's for the teams that will drop for the end of the season? How are we dropping FAs for their teams as well?

LiveWire

Wellington said:
What's the target date for the rookie draft? Is there anyway we can do it on or before the night of Wednesday, March 17th?

Also, how are we picking FA's for the teams that will drop for the end of the season? How are we dropping FAs for their teams as well?

Simply don't include those teams in FA, unless they have a full-time replacement player who will participate in the FA draft. As for the rookie draft, we'll just have to let the game auto-pick when those teams come up--unless there are deals made where a team owner who is not playing Season 4 owes draft picks to a player who is still active.

The simplest solution would be to have those departing players stick around for the offseason duties, but it sounds like most have already sold the game or don't want to do anything more related to Madden 10. :/

LiveWire

If we need fill-ins for the Rams, Cards, or any other team without an owner I'm around right now and tonight to play so we can get this regular season over with....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can I use one of the crappy teams that is getting abandoned for next season? I wouldn't mind taking on the Rams and seeing what is possible - or if Zep switches to them, the Titans, Lions (Sinistar is switching off too right?), Dolphins, or 49ers. At the very least it would prove once and for all that I just benefited from my power team and weak division.

Edit: I mean dual control the Giants and the other team.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Can I use one of the crappy teams that is getting abandoned for next season? I wouldn't mind taking on the Rams and seeing what is possible - or if Zep switches to them, the Titans, Lions (Sinistar is switching off too right?), Dolphins, or 49ers. At the very least it would prove once and for all that I just benefited from my power team and weak division.

Edit: I mean dual control the Giants and the other team.
I'd do the same, i guess it should be ok for as long as the other team doesn't play your main team.

DCX

Nightz

So if I'm doing this correctly, my schedule for next season will include the AFCW, NFCE, Luke and LJ. 1-15 (sorry peter =P) here I come!

Top Bottom