• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

PBY

Banned
Matrix said:
:lol

I know I told him once that it was Y, memory loss is not good :(
I swear that I hit Y everytime... and it fucking does nothing; I've tried holding it, hitting it once, tapping it the entire time the ball is in the air, and even timing the button tap with the catch... NOTHING, I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what :lol

my new tag isn't gonna do me any favors either

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Have you tried a different controller? Maybe your Y button sticks

Rorschach

3sshk.gif

TI MIS

LukeSmith

Let Ramirez sub for Lonestar - winner makes the playoffs. The story writes itself.

Especially since Smokey gets in on the letter C as a tiebreaker

DCX

DCX
peterb0y said:
I swear that I hit Y everytime... and it fucking does nothing; I've tried holding it, hitting it once, tapping it the entire time the ball is in the air, and even timing the button tap with the catch... NOTHING, I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what :lol

my new tag isn't gonna do me any favors either
You got to hold it down at least 7 yards before a defender is going to blast you into next season, speaking of which i have a proposal ;)

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Let Ramirez sub for Lonestar - winner makes the playoffs. The story writes itself.

Especially since Smokey gets in on the letter C as a tiebreaker
That's actually not a bad idea.

When I'm home sick all I do is play videogames and sleep. Vitamins P(S3) and X(Box 360) are all you need. C'mon Lone, we can make you feel better!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow three games left:

Sick Bowl

Cards @ Rams - A game which won't get played with Astro traveling and Story having left the league(
Hey Rors, want to be the Cards and I'll be the Rams tonight!? Meaningless game in which neither of the participants cares about the outcome... unless DM hates on us for trying to play a meaningless game while we wait. Where are you Aquaman!?!?
)

Vikings @ Lions - Guy who doesn't post in the topic vs Guy who refuse to get the other on AIM

Is there *any* chance Sick Bowl goes tonight? Round one could be done by the weekend, and Crow can play multiple games if needed so we're not sitting around. Or FMT can use the Broncos again! Problem solved!

daw840

Wellington said:
Wow three games left:

Sick Bowl

Cards @ Rams - A game which won't get played with Astro traveling and Story having left the league(
Hey Rors, want to be the Cards and I'll be the Rams tonight!? Meaningless game in which neither of the participants cares about the outcome... unless DM hates on us for trying to play a meaningless game while we wait. Where are you Aquaman!?!?
)

Vikings @ Lions - Guy who doesn't post in the topic vs Guy who refuse to get the other on AIM
Is there *any* chance Sick Bowl goes tonight? Round one could be done by the weekend, and Crow can play multiple games if needed so we're not sitting around. Or FMT can use the Broncos again! Problem solved!
:lol

Alright, I will try this whole AIM thing everybody keeps talking about... I get home at about 4:30 CST.

Wellington said:
Wow three games left:

Sick Bowl

)

I would've gladly played it before I left if Astro had been able to. I didn't want my last game tainted by playing the CPU or a fill-in.

Trading in '10 today to get $40 towards '11 while I pick up BC2 (360) and MLB 10.

daw840

storybook77 said:
I would've gladly played it before I left if Astro had been able to. I didn't want my last game tainted by playing the CPU or a fill-in.

Trading in '10 today to get $40 towards '11 while I pick up BC2 (360) and MLB 10.

Shit, I forgot about this. I usually never trade games in, but since I buy Madden every single year and I have a bunch of old madden games laying around that I NEVER will play again and are worth less than nothing, I will probably end up doing this. Sorry guys, I guess that seals it. :(

Striker

How long is that going on, anyway? I got BC2 last night, great game so far (campaign only). MP I'm sure will be a grand as it was in beta.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Shit, I forgot about this. I usually never trade games in, but since I buy Madden every single year and I have a bunch of old madden games laying around that I NEVER will play again and are worth less than nothing, I will probably end up doing this. Sorry guys, I guess that seals it. :(
I would but every year I cancel my pre-order at gamestop to get it a few days early at the local mom & pop I frequent. :lol

Striker said:
How long is that going on, anyway? I got BC2 last night, great game so far (campaign only). MP I'm sure will be a grand as it was in beta.

The 4th of this month, I believe.

Just looked at the actual coupon.

LiveWire

daw840 said:

NOOOOOOO you have to stay, you owe me a draft pick!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
That's actually not a bad idea.

When I'm home sick all I do is play videogames and sleep. Vitamins P(S3) and X(Box 360) are all you need. C'mon Lone, we can make you feel better!

The ramirez thing is fine and dandy with me. If both of them are on today, as well as DM, let it be done.

Made it into work today, and could foreseeably play when I get home. But then Lost comes on, and I'm not missing it. So my window would be maybe 2 hours before it.

But I like the possibility of it being a pre-playoff game for Smokey and Ramirez.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
NOOOOOOO you have to stay, you owe me a draft pick!
That's a good reason why we need to get this done ASAP. Maybe do the rookie draft before the FA draft? Hopefully guys can hold out trading in before we do the draft if we can get it in by the 14th.

The ramirez thing is fine and dandy with me. If both of them are on today, as well as DM, let it be done.

Made it into work today, and could foreseeably play when I get home. But then Lost comes on, and I'm not missing it. So my window would be maybe 2 hours before it.

But I like the possibility of it being a pre-playoff game for Smokey and Ramirez.

If you can play, you should play. A sub should be a last resort. Smokey are you available!?

Rorschach

Wellington said:
)
I'd totally rep Astro in Dirt Warner's last game.

Wellington said:
That's a good reason why we need to get this done ASAP. Maybe do the rookie draft before the FA draft? Hopefully guys can hold out trading in before we do the draft if we can get it in by the 14th.

I didn't trade any of my draft picks so there's nothing to worry about for the Rams. If anyone takes them over, they don't owe anyone anything.

Nightz

Though a Ram/Smokey matchup would be nice, I think it should still be Lonestar who plays. There have been teams in the NFL who were in control of their playoff destiny, lost, and had to rely on help from other teams. Ram was in a win-and-in scenario the past two weeks and lost both times, I think it would be best to make him sweat a little and have him root for the Patriots.

Nightz said:
Though a Ram/Smokey matchup would be nice, I think it should still be Lonestar who plays. There have been teams in the NFL who were in control of their playoff destiny, lost, and had to rely on help from other teams. Ram was in a win-and-in scenario the past two weeks and lost both times, I think it would be best to make him sweat a little and have him root for the Patriots.

I was under the impression that the only way Smokey gets in is by MTC, so I don't think its the same scenario. Correct me if i'm wrong, I just thought someone posted that when they did scenario breakdowns. I'm only saying if Lone doesn't want to play, Ram for a sub. Not saying take it away from Lone.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nightz said:

Except Ram pussied out and posted a "Don't Count on it" magic 8Ball image :p

Zep

Banned
Wait ...How about I rep kurt in his last game? All those <3 symbols over the years mean something!

rors is not a true Kurt lover :(

Smokey

All I know is I want to play.

I've got a test tomorrow and 2 on thursday plus a presentation so my window is about to be extremely limited.

Nightz

sableholic said:
I was under the impression that the only way Smokey gets in is by MTC, so I don't think its the same scenario. Correct me if i'm wrong, I just thought someone posted that when they did scenario breakdowns. I'm only saying if Lone doesn't want to play, Ram for a sub. Not saying take it away from Lone.
Right, Ram is at 10-6, Smokey is at 9-6. Smokey wins, he's in (according to MTC). A couple of weeks ago, Ram was at 10-4 and Smokey was at 8-6. If Ram had won one of his final two games he would be in already. He was in control but couldn't capitalize. I was just saying that if he subs for the Patriots, it's essentially giving him another chance to control his destiny...a chance that teams in the NFL don't get.

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Right, Ram is at 10-6, Smokey is at 9-6. Smokey wins, he's in (according to MTC). A couple of weeks ago, Ram was at 10-4 and Smokey was at 8-6. If Ram had won one of his final two games he would be in already. He was in control but couldn't capitalize. I was just saying that if he subs for the Patriots, it's essentially giving him another chance to control his destiny...a chance that teams in the NFL don't get.
Let's not go into "real NFL" because, in the real NFL, they have real tie breakers. Smokey has already gotten in before on EA's retarded tie breakers. Plus, Ram manned up and had a real sub in for his last game instead of outright playing the cpu like certain other players.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
Let's not go into "real NFL" because, in the real NFL, they have real tie breakers. Smokey has already gotten in before on EA's retarded tie breakers. Plus, Ram manned up and had a real sub in for his last game instead of outright playing the cpu like certain other players.
Like Ram at the beginning of this season. =P

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I'm sorry! It ended up not meaning anything! :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
You are forgiven, but as punishment, you must suffer the wrath of Fitzgerald!

orly?
Yeah remember that game in which about 30 players in the league volunteered to sub and he just went ahead and played the AI?

I think we should just forget subbing altogether next season. Look at the mess it created with the Broncos. Instead of playing Crow or FMT like everyone else, Bob gets to play the AI, and then Ram gets to play Livewire subbing in? That makes total sense. (In the end it doesn't matter because MTC would have kicked in.)

No subs unless MTC will kick in (which is this situation). Counter MTC with AIC! That is my official platform as I run for president of our league! No Aquaman! Vote Daredevil! Justice is blind!!

Edit: Wait it would have mattered because Bob lost his last game! Dammit Crow! (Shit AND it was an MTC tiebreaker, *DAMMIT* Crow!!)

Edit 2: Qualifier - The president of the league has no power, he just does.... exactly what all the rest of us do right now. :(

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Yeah remember that game in which about 30 players in the league volunteered to sub and he just went ahead and played the AI?

I think we should just forget subbing altogether next season. Look at the mess it created with the Broncos. Instead of playing Crow or FMT like everyone else, Bob gets to play the AI, and then Ram gets to play Livewire subbing in? That makes total sense. (In the end it doesn't matter because MTC would have kicked in.)

No subs unless MTC will kick in (which is this situation). Counter MTC with AIC! That is my official platform as I run for president of our league! No Aquaman! Vote Daredevil! Justice is blind!!

Edit: Wait it would have mattered because Bob lost his last game! Dammit Crow! (Shit AND it was an MTC tiebreaker, *DAMMIT* Crow!!)

Edit 2: Qualifier - The president of the league has no power, he just does.... exactly what all the rest of us do right now. :(

Agreed.

Subs are dead. If MTC is going to be a factor late in the season and a sub is required a player affected directly by the MTC should fill in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Aquaman fucked it over with his "Dont make me make a real decision!" attitude. His era is coming to an end!

Come along follow me as I lead through the darkness
As I provide just enough spark that we need to proceed
Carry on, give me hope, give me strength
Come with me and I won't steer you wrong
Put your faith and your trust as I guide us through the fog
To the light at the end of the tunnel
We gonna fight, we gonna charge, we gonna stomp, we gonna march
Through the swamp, we gonna mosh through the marsh
Take us right through the doors (c'mon)

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
You mean The LeRon James Method™?

I actually go out of my way to not throw it to LeRon! And when I do I try to only do it on designed screens.

I could probably throw it to LeRon in the flats for 50+ yards a game easily but I respect you guys too much to do that.

Nightz

Smokey said:
Whoever I play it needs to be tonight the earlier the better really.

Lonestar said:

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
I actually go out of my way to not throw it to LeRon! And when I do I try to only do it on designed screens.

I could probably throw it to LeRon in the flats for 50+ yards a game easily but I respect you guys too much to do that.
Statline for our game, LeBron - 6 catches, 56 yards total 15 yard long.

Et tu, Bluemax!

So I needed to win out and Bob needed to lose to both Rors and Crow's Broncos for me to get in and avoid MTC, but Bob got the freebie AI game yet all other games for the Broncos had subs.

How much did you suck off DM for that one Bob?

Smokey

Well I watch Lost too so I guess the time frame should matchup. With regards to subs..I dunno really. I just know that it sucks having the Broncos in my division and this season was basically a community run team for 3/4 of the season, and is in the playoffs with a bye week to go with it. Now Crow probably would've made it anyway no doubt, but it's still annoying to see that the original owner of the team played less games with his own team than the rest of the league..yet he gets a 1st round bye and will no doubt be around for the playoffs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
Well I watch Lost too so I guess the time frame should matchup. With regards to subs..I dunno really. I just know that it sucks having the Broncos in my division and this season was basically a community run team for 3/4 of the season, and is in the playoffs with a bye week to go with it. Now Crow probably would've made it anyway no doubt, but it's still annoying to see that the original owner of the team played less games with his own team than the rest of the league..yet he gets a 1st round bye and will no doubt be around for the playoffs.
I think the only solution to this is that you, me, and Rors get to run two teams next season if we want to.

Smokey

Wellington said:
I think the only solution to this is that you, me, and Rors get to run two teams next season if we want to.

I wouldn't have time for it (if you're being serious). Being in this league, running the 2k league, and in the MLB league, plus school...yeah..my time is stretched thin already as it is. I figured once the "sub" program started it might escalate into what it is now, but to me either the player can play or he can't and if he can't then the opponent should play the CPU. It's not the opponent's fault if somebody isn't available nor is it their fault that the CPU can be easily beaten.

I think that is what we need to stick to.

Top Bottom