• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

PBY

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Sounds good. When will you be able to sign in and start?
im game- anything that lets me get more practice is awesome

but I would think that starting a second thread would make it easier- just a thought

Mrbob

Honestly, I have no faith EA will fix the progression next season.

Can't wait to face the double cheeseback force between the Texans and Colts this season.

I'm also looking at some of the stats from the season 1 QBs which were drafted. The progression on those guys goes much higher than established QBs. League is broken with cheese players on offense without having the same number of cheese defenders but nothing we can do.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Honestly, I have no faith EA will fix the progression next season.

Can't wait to face the double cheeseback force between the Texans and Colts this season.

I'm also looking at some of the stats from the season 1 QBs which were drafted. The progression on those guys goes much higher than established QBs. League is broken with cheese players on offense without having the same number of cheese defenders but nothing we can do.
We are foolish to believe that EA/Tiburon would fix anything regarding the franchise, including progression, tiebreakers, the rookie class, stats, and scrimmages.

Why work on something that such a small percentage of the user base even knows exists?

Last season, week 1 had some ridiculous scores as well. Things are going to even themselves out on D over the course of the season.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
We are foolish to believe that EA/Tiburon would fix anything regarding the franchise, including progression, tiebreakers, the rookie class, stats, and scrimmages.

Why work on something that such a small percentage of the user base even knows exists?
eaopener19.jpg

The funny thing is, even I would enjoy those improvements meant to appeal to the masses, like better presentation, better in-game atmosphere, better menus, more animations, better graphics, etc. etc. I think Madden does a terrible job at presentation though. Even when they try to work something in to improve the atmosphere/presentation they do such a bad job that the game would be better without it (measurements, as one glaring example). So I wish I could point to tradeoffs and the like but all I really see is ineptitude and a team that leans very, very heavily on a solid core gameplay base. Reminds me a lot of Winning Eleven in the PS2 days although I know that analogy will only mean something to fifty.

Mrbob

No sports game has nailed it, but I'd love better on field stadium presentation. For example, if you are playing a road game in a hostile enviroment I want the stadium to be loud and crazy and potentially messing up my onfield game. When the Bears go to Lambeau Field, or when the Packers head south to Chicago, the crowds are wild in the game in accordance with big plays. You don't even get that effect at all in Madden.

Look at playoff games. The crowds are loud and noisy almost the entire time towards the road teams offense. This creates false starts, makes it tough to get the play off in time. Incorporate this into the game. At least in MLB The Show the crowd goes crazy in key situations, adds to the atmosphere.

Home field advantage means nothing in Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
No sports game has nailed it, but I'd love better on field stadium presentation. For example, if you are playing a road game in a hostile enviroment I want the stadium to be loud and crazy and potentially messing up my onfield game. When the Bears go to Lambeau Field, or when the Packers head south to Chicago, the crowds are wild in the game in accordance with big plays. You don't even get that effect at all in Madden.

Look at playoff games. The crowds are loud and noisy almost the entire time towards the road teams offense. This creates false starts, makes it tough to get the play off in time. Incorporate this into the game. At least in MLB The Show the crowd goes crazy in key situations, adds to the atmosphere.

Home field advantage means nothing in Madden.
No thanks.

They did this in NCAA a few years back and if the home team got off to a quick start you were basically fucked. Your guys had no composure, ran horrible routes, dropped easy passes, etc. Everyone already complains about the game not wanting them to win, with HFA incorporated we'd have ragequits every week.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To me it wouldn't really matter if it's incorporated into the gameplay or not. The atmosphere is just total garbage. I'd trust a decent developer to use discretion and subtlety when incorporating something like that into gameplay--Winning Eleven back in the day had tons of awesome little touches--but for EA if it's not something you can bulletpoint and have be blaringly loud and obnoxious it's not something that belongs in the game.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
No thanks.

They did this in NCAA a few years back and if the home team got off to a quick start you were basically fucked. Your guys had no composure, ran horrible routes, dropped easy passes, etc. Everyone already complains about the game not wanting them to win, with HFA incorporated we'd have ragequits every week.

There needs to be some sort of middle ground. Right now the on field presentation in Madden is one of the worst in all of sports gaming, if not the worst. I feel like I could be playing these games in an open, empty field and there would not be any difference.

Birdman02

DenogginizerOS said:
I created a league. Name is NeoGAF2. Password is DieBjoern. I started sending out invites. I turned injuries off so we could all play with our best all the time. If you aren't interested, that is fine. I just want to see what it is like to play some of you again with realistic teams.

I'll play. I'd prefer to take over my Niners, since the Jags have changed so much since season 1.

Birdman02 said:
I'll play. I'd prefer to take over my Niners, since the Jags have changed so much since season 1.

god vernon davis is such a beast in the update..... can't wait for madden '11 when VD and franklin get a gigantic boost.

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
god vernon davis is such a beast in the update..... can't wait for madden '11 when VD and franklin get a gigantic boost.

Yeah, those two should be really fun to use next season
in my offline franchise :(

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
There needs to be some sort of middle ground.
:lol In Madden? There is never middle ground. They always go too far one way or the other. If you complain about one thing being over the top, they don't just tweak it, they go the complete opposite direction.

[edit]I'd be interested in another league if it advanced faster. If someone like Bob's in, then I'm not really interested.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
I'm picking a different team if Story wants the Falcons in league X he can have them. I don't which team i'll pick...ill let u know.

edit: where are the most current rosters located, i want to check teams out before i decide..

DCX
If you go online to play a game, it will update to the latest roster. You can save it. Actually, if you want, just join the league and look over the roster.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Rorschach said:
:lol In Madden? There is never middle ground. They always go too far one way or the other. If you complain about one thing being over the top, they don't just tweak it, they go the complete opposite direction.

[edit]I'd be interested in another league if it advanced faster. If someone like Bob's in, then I'm not really interested.
I will advance this thing faster than what we are doing. I would prefer we play all our games obviously, but I do want to move it along.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
No thanks.

It only worked in stadiums where teams actually had home field advantage. Plus it was totally awesome to mash the pump the crowd button up and have your friend next to you get pissed off when his controller rumbled like mad on every play.

Then everyone whined and the gradually nerfed HFA and the composure system to the point of it not existing.

I think NCAA does in game presentation a ton better than Madden. There are a few things I'd like them to do different but its largely nitpicky.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:

Smh, true madden elites not allowed! Ruin it for the rest of us!

Besides, you don't want me in so you can use the Bears and Jcut. You practically begged for him this past offseason. :lol

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
I will look into the password right now. I changed it to "believe"

Cool, I signed in to the other league (I'd actually rather play with the Colts end of the year rosters than what I've got right now!)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd join another league, but only with a charmin lead seahawks team!!

But really, only if it was a fantasy team league. It would bring that same joy of tinkering our current league has, but on an extreme scale, and without the lulbacks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So is this league dying off cause of Bjoern :lol I won't use him if it's that big a problem. Someone give me a decent back to use and I'll bench him. I don't want to be the cause of people not enjoying this league.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
So is this league dying off cause of Bjoern :lol I won't use him if it's that big a problem. Someone give me a decent back to use and I'll bench him. I don't want to be the cause of people not enjoying this league.

I don't think that's it at all. No one is quitting the main league - there's just another one with updated season rosters, that's all!

Smokey

Matrix said:

Oh quit being a baby.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
I don't think that's it at all. No one is quitting the main league - there's just another one with updated season rosters, that's all!
I'm just joining because I'd like to play more games instead of waiting for the crow/bob/air game of the week.

Also, I love the rosters for online Raiders. It ain't much, but they're fun to play with on defense. <3 Online Branch.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
I'm just joining because I'd like to play more games instead of waiting for the crow/bob/air game of the week.
Same. If Smokey gets the Texans, I'd like to have the Chargers.

Also, I might have to back out of this league once the MLB The Show season starts.

the show is weird. a lot of my games have been completely lag free and some others are shitty

its ok though, my RTTS dude is disgustingly good and I'm a starting CF for the triple A red sox farm team :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
Oh quit being a baby.

Bjoern is going to shit all over you. How's that?

Just looked at my stretch of games from week 6 on:
bucs twice in a row, falcons, packers, cowboys, eagles, skins, giants, falcons, chargers, raiders

jeez...

Nightz

Mine's pretty difficult too :(

Ravens, Steelers (the CPU will put up a good fight), Raiders, Chargers, Colts , Giants, Steelers, Bills, Cowboys, Ravens, and I end the year off against the stout Browns defense.

I predict a loss in all of these games.

Matrix

Damn Nightz am fucked :eek:

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Just looked at my stretch of games from week 6 on:
bucs twice in a row, falcons, packers, cowboys, eagles, skins, giants, falcons, chargers, raiders

jeez...
Check out my first five weeks: Chargers, Broncos, Bucs, Chargers, Broncos. :lol

I'll start 0-5!

Matrix

Smokey said:
I'll play

On a scale of ten for shit talking, probably a 4.

Well you creating a hit list with the handwriting of a 5 year old and calling me a baby, well that has to take the cake in shit talking.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
Nah, you'll actually run the ball instead of messing around like you did against smokey!

Shouldn't you be doing something productive, like making sure Reach works?

Matrix said:
Well you creating a hit list with the handwriting of a 5 year old and calling me a baby, well that has to take the cake in shit talking.

Calling you a baby wasn't shit talking, and I see you're taking the list lightly. We'll see when Bjoreen is locked up.

Matrix

Smokey said:

:eek:

Matrix

Smokey said:

Calling you a baby wasn't shit talking, and I see you're taking the list lightly. We'll see when Bjoreen is locked up.

Well your main reason for putting me on the list is hilarious and the fact I know you won't stop Bjoern does make me take the list lightly.

Your team hasn't even faced the run yet, thanks to Rors 3 attempts all game. I'll be more interested once I see you stopping people who try to run.

Top Bottom