• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Matrix said:
Ok how the fuck do you beat the chapter 5 boss anyone who has FF13? I'm not going into the anime circle jerk game thread for this game and I'm about to sell this shit if I can't pass this thing that keeps fucking spinning. If I can't beat a chapter 5 boss I have no hope for later on with this game.

Fuck you Aster Protoflorian or whatever your strange ass name is.

I don't think jpop games and I mix :\

Nice graphics though.

If you haven't been playing the game with the volume down and your own music playing then you're doing it wrong. This shit is so corny at times it's unbearable. Chapter 6 is especially bad with that skank skipping around and it's just cornfest all over. I have the game rented from GameFly, so I'll probably keep it for a few more days until Just Cause 2 hits.

LiveWire

Somnia said:
Live I'll be free tomorrow afternoon on for the most part...I'll be on AIM most of the day just shoot me a message.

Can we get a game in right around 5:30 or so Eastern? I'd like to get this in then hit the bars after...lemme know if that time works for you.

Birdman02

Lonestar said:
What the hell happened to GAF?

4JEY7.gif

Mrs. Birdman

Thanks, Lone. She's actually claiming this as her avatar now. I re-hosted it, so she could use it. Hope you don't mind.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn i was messin around but i guess we really are almost there:

bears-bucs (tonite i think)
skins-boys (prolly tonite)
browns-chargers (maybe tonite)
titans-jets (denog vs. cpu)
panthers-saints (dunno)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
For once I am not looking for a fast advance. I leave tonight and come back Monday. I have a crucial NFC battle with with DCX and his dastardly, devious 1-5-5 defense. I'd really hate it if a sub played for me, I'm willing to bribe DM/FMT to keep the scheduled week 3 advance date at Wednesday. Name your price!

LiveWire

Wellington said:
For once I am not looking for a fast advance. I leave tonight and come back Monday. I have a crucial NFC battle with with DCX and his dastardly, devious 1-5-5 defense. I'd really hate it if a sub played for me, I'm willing to bribe DM/FMT to keep the scheduled week 3 advance date at Wednesday. Name your price!

Don't worry man, I'm here for you. I'll sub. DCX when can you play? Also, check your PM, I have some Giants LBs I need to get rid of, I think they'll fit your new scheme. Sintim is definitely on the block. Looking for picks/players.

Mrbob

Dm when are you home tonight? I know you live in fantasy time zone aka the past aka the worst time zone aka the pacific time zone. Need to know when I can snub you for some more God of War 3 tonight.

Somnia

LiveWire said:
Can we get a game in right around 5:30 or so Eastern? I'd like to get this in then hit the bars after...lemme know if that time works for you.

Perfect for me...just AIM me when you get home.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Birdman02 said:
Thanks, Lone. She's actually claiming this as her avatar now. I re-hosted it, so she could use it. Hope you don't mind.

Heh, I didn't make it. It's on the last page of the topic for last weeks Lost Episode. Someone made a BUNCH of them.

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Dm when are you home tonight? I know you live in fantasy time zone aka the past aka the worst time zone aka the pacific time zone. Need to know when I can snub you for some more God of War 3 tonight.

DM's on the west coast? Why is he a Bucs fan then?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
DM's on the west coast? Why is he a Bucs fan then?
He was a lifelonger for them when they won the SB over the Raiders. Decided to stick with them so that he wouldn't be outed for his lifelong-ness. :D

Rorschach

Matrix said:
:lol

Speaking of Lighting, I got this PM from Konex....

PICT0194.jpg

This thread has been awesome these last two pages.

WHAT THE FUCK is up with this shitty design? This is what we were waiting for all this time? Fucking ugly and lol @ the google search. SMH. Guess we're not getting back post history?

Lonestar

Rorschach said:

This thread has been awesome these last two pages.

WHAT THE FUCK is up with this shitty design? This is what we were waiting for all this time? Fucking ugly and lol @ the google search. SMH. Guess we're not getting back post history?

Oh God, just noticed the google search. They have it "customized" to be a search engine for here. SMH.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
if we advance tonite then if you are the last game next week we can just advance whenever you're back. only time i've ever seen it "forcibly" advanced is when someone is not around/active and hasn't notified anyone...obviously not the case with you

also you can bring your 360 w/ you and play your game from the hotel/plane astro style

Oh God, just noticed the google search. They have it "customized" to be a search engine for here. SMH.
as i said in the thread about this new design i miss search bad. i guess some people were dum dums and didn't know about user cp but it still had a shitload of functionality in terms of searching post history, topics by username, etc. i would seriously go Gold again if they brought that functionality back for members

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
as i said in the thread about this new design i miss search bad. i guess some people were dum dums and didn't know about user cp but it still had a shitload of functionality in terms of searching post history, topics by username, etc. i would seriously go Gold again if they brought that functionality back for members
Searching by name was critical in sports threads for crow eating. :( Also, for narrowing your search. I don't want 5,000 posts about the Drew Brees! I want the last post I made about Drew Brees!

Lonestar said:
I thought it was going to be integrated into the site. I was told that there would be a search that was even better than the vb one. :| Look at how much of an afterthought it was. Just slapped on the code for site:neogaf.com/forum and didn't even bother to align it right.

I wonder if this is a perpetual beta like Madden's franchise site!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Searching by name was critical in sports threads for crow eating. :( Also, for narrowing your search. I don't want 5,000 posts about the Drew Brees! I want the last post I made about Drew Brees!
My favorite vain use was just searching for my username and finding threads where people would say lol astrolad should see this or where's astrolad? Those were usually very relevant to my interests. Without that I hardly venture outside of Madden and Boardgame GAF except for occasionaly hit and runs. Plus I can't make a post anywhere else without people saying astroladded so life is hard.

Since we're in peanut gallery mode on the layout, I've always found it funny the amount of talent you see in the graphic-design-type threads where people make ads, logos, etc. but then when a GAF redesign comes around these same people do something that would get nothing more than an "lol try again" in one of those threads. The "NeoGAF" lettering is just wow. (<3 anyone involved if you are reading -- I could never do it! <3)

damn what happened to gaf. its NEO

anyways, I can't see my franchise but I believe I am on a bye week correct? and I play LJ (again...) in week 4 I'm pretty sure.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Oh, if we advance tonight I am good to go from the advance to 5 AM tomorrow morning, DCX. :D
I played at 5 am before, thats ok with me. If we advance tonight, we are good as gold.

The only wildcard game is Saints VS Panthers. Q usually doesn't play till like 9ish and has a small window of like an hour or so. Sable is around the same time, so it could advance tonight..

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
denog i can play tonite too (insta-play as is my wont).

haven't seen denog post in a while tho, let me just do a quick sear....

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AstroLad said:
denog i can play tonite too (insta-play as is my wont).

haven't seen denog post in a while tho, let me just do a quick sear....
Hi Mr Astro!!! I would love to play you tonight if we advance. However, I am not a nite owl so the advance needs to come early.

Rorschach

I don't think this thing is advancing any time soon, guys. :|

AstroLad said:
My favorite vain use was just searching for my username and finding threads where people would say lol astrolad should see this or where's astrolad? Those were usually very relevant to my interests. Without that I hardly venture outside of Madden and Boardgame GAF except for occasionaly hit and runs. Plus I can't make a post anywhere else without people saying astroladded so life is hard.

Since we're in peanut gallery mode on the layout, I've always found it funny the amount of talent you see in the graphic-design-type threads where people make ads, logos, etc. but then when a GAF redesign comes around these same people do something that would get nothing more than an "lol try again" in one of those threads. The "NeoGAF" lettering is just wow. (<3 anyone involved if you are reading -- I could never do it! <3)
I imagine designers were scared away by the OP.

Lonestar

I'm hoping it's not advanced too soon. Need to get further along in GOW 3 and FFXIII, hopefully finish them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
I imagine designers were scared away by the OP.
Yeah those threads always get super heated and personal and result in multiple bannings.
I don't think this thing is advancing any time soon, guys. :|
Why not? I thought the only one we didn't know about was jags-saints and the rest were working it out. Not banking on it but not betting against it. Well unless you have insider info.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Yeah those threads always get super heated and personal and result in multiple bannings.

Why not? I thought the only one we didn't know about was jags-saints and the rest were working it out. Not banking on it but not betting against it. Well unless you have insider info.
Well, like you said we don't know about jags/saints. And you missed a game: Broncos/Raiders.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
When the search went down I loved the people who were like "google one's better anyway!" Clearly these people had never used GAF search properly.

And I love Googol!

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Well, like you said we don't know about jags/saints. And you missed a game: Broncos/Raiders.
Today, I'll be finishing a paper and studying for my 2 midterms all day/night/morning. The earliest I could play is tomorrow night at around 11:30/midnight(cst) after I get home. If the league can't wait then I'll sign out and you can play the cpu.

Edit: I wouldn't worry about the redesign, at least not yet, since most of it is just a placeholder until the designer gets out of work.

BigAT

Smokey said:
:lol Perfect Dark is a crazy trip down my childhood !

Did anybody else get it?

Yep, I picked it up. It's incredibly unsettling to see other companies' logos where I still remember there being the spinning N64 icon.

Rorschach

I saw the trailer for it and it looked pretty horrible. Funny how big the hit boxes are and that they actually show up during explosions and such.

Smokey

Be warned, it takes a second to retrain your reflexes how to play a game from this era.

Took me like 5 matches to start to get the hand of the controls.

I've been playing with the same group for a few games now and people just keep coming across old shit they remember and talkin about it. Haven't been called a nigga yet so that's good !

PBY

Banned
Smokey said:
Be warned, it takes a second to retrain your reflexes how to play a game from this era.

Took me like 5 matches to start to get the hand of the controls.

I've been playing with the same group for a few games now and people just keep coming across old shit they remember and talkin about it. Haven't been called a nigga yet so that's good !
i never played the original, liking this alot tho, even if it does feel a little dated and I get weird slowdown/lag in online matches

Top Bottom