• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if i have subs, it's bullshit that they go to the playoffs.

if there are no subs, it's bullshit that people get to play the cpu.

i can't win fellas!

Titans will not be making the playoffs by the time I get around to playing them :p

Nightz

Striker said:
Titans won't go anywhere. Highly doubtful Steelers do unless Fifty, Nightz, and myself severely drop the ball.
My ball's been dropped ever since the schedule was generated. :lol

Edit: We playing tonight or tomorrow? Doesn't matter to me but if tonight, I'd like to start soon.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You know how it would be fair? even if you leave town or can't play your game the cpu fills in. That solves the problem if you don't want any subs. This league is unbalanced doing it the way it is now.

I highly doubt the cpu Rams would be 2-0 right now.

Matrix

Ok so I see Bluemax is playing the cpu Rams or he's practicing... it doesn't say franchise on xbox.com. See how this is screwy FMT? Two others lost to Livewire.

I honestly would like to know how the subbing system is working.

edit- nm guess he was practicing, stupid xbox.com confuses me

Striker

My offense stinks.

Three more fumbles on the season to top it off, third on the season that ends in the redzone.

Nightz, I would've laughed my ass off if Sinorice Moss returned that punt. I meant to run away from it, but it magnetized me in. He normally goes down like a softie, and I accidentally burst into that last defender.

EDIT

Turns out I have six fumbles in three games. Ugh. Frank Summers, who has freaking two, has 91 CAR rating. :(

Nightz

GG Striker. The game was much closer than the score shows. It would have been completely different if you didn't have those untimely fumbles :(. Your defense always seems to give me trouble, but I like playing you.

John Abraham out one week with a broken jaw. :\

Striker

You had Brown miss a couple snaps, also Fallon.

I can't control with that CB group you got, because my WR's hardly got separation. Three drops don't help, but Quinn's inaccuracy was also bad. I think Rey dropped a pick or two.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Ok so I see Bluemax is playing the cpu Rams or he's practicing... it doesn't say franchise on xbox.com. See how this is screwy FMT? Two others lost to Livewire.

I honestly would like to know how the subbing system is working.

edit- nm guess he was practicing, stupid xbox.com confuses me

You awake soulja?

Nightz

Striker said:
Nightz, I would've laughed my ass off if Sinorice Moss returned that punt. I meant to run away from it, but it magnetized me in. He normally goes down like a softie, and I accidentally burst into that last defender.
:lol When he broke away from the first few defenders I was like

30xitxe.gif

Matrix

I got one eye open.

Matrix

Let's just play, I'll have a great excuse when I lose.

I don't know my schedule tomorrow night anyway.

Matrix

haha k coming on

Matrix

wtf is going on :lol

Rebooting, you send the invite.

Matrix

K, send invite when on

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man i hope i never have to play sick again. Shit was a blur and i still took it to OT but lost.

GG anyway. Not to take anything away from Bob. He was playing great manual D. That and turnovers killed me.

Matrix

GG Luke.

Not sure why I chose to play at 3 am, oh well that was a pathetic showing by me. Even with a better D I can't stop the Colts cause now I have two HB's to worry about :lol

Bjoern is actually starting to play worse, the league has figured him out!

I'm off to bed. Hopefully I give you a better game next time.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
GG Luke.

Not sure why I chose to play at 3 am, oh well that was a pathetic showing by me. Even with a better D I can't stop the Colts cause now I have two HB's to worry about :lol

Bjoern is actually starting to play worse, the league has figured him out!

I'm off to bed. Hopefully I give you a better game next time.

gg Matrix, Okoye was a non factor! 3 yards per carry!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
High school and college there and I still have family and friends there. Been in the citay the past seven years though.

LiveWire

Matrix said:
I highly doubt the cpu Rams would be 2-0 right now.

The Rams are no joke. I always had a tough time against storybook. They've continued to progress and I think the CPU Rams would at least be 1-1 if not 2-0.

They're strong in the trenches: the offensive line is great (plus Steven Jackson is a beast) and their D-line is stout against the run. Their LB core is great and led by the phenom Laurinaitis who is fucking everywhere on the field and probably is the best linebacker I've seen in this game covering TEs and slot WRs. The Rams only weakness that I see is at cornerback, and with proper scheming that disadvantage can be lessened or negated.

I won't fill in for them anymore if the league doesn't want me to, but I disagree with the comments about it being unfair for playoff purposes. It's the only solution when there's no owner around to play. Playing the CPU for free wins is worse, in my opinion, particularly if the CPU team is not an elite team. Now should we do like with the Broncos where everyone gets a turn? I don't think we should do that again. We should just stick with one sub for a team--everyone in the league should pick their preferred backup owner. If Zep doesn't want me as his backup for the Rams that's fine.

For me, I'd prefer sable to sub for the Redskins if I'm ever unable to play.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think it was fair because Zep is new to the league and it would be sort of crap to give him an 0-2 team. Plus he got flooded or whatever it's not like he was being a bum. I woulda killed the CPU Rams for the record. One Leinart wrong button press at the end of the game from beating the Livewire Rams so yeah.

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
I think it was fair because Zep is new to the league and it would be sort of crap to give him an 0-2 team. Plus he got flooded or whatever it's not like he was being a bum. I woulda killed the CPU Rams for the record. One Leinart wrong button press at the end of the game from beating the Livewire Rams so yeah.

Whatever you say son. You left the door open, and I slammed it shut. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Not so much left anything open as just through to the fully covered guy rather than the open guy I was staring down the whole time. That kind of loss is a lot easier to take though than just the random "Madden" loss like Fitz fumbling out of nowhere and for no discernible reason on a potential GW drive in my first game. I'm not one to call any loss "BS" though. Maybe there's a tough play at the end or a bunch of things happen or whatever but I don't have selective memory about it I know there are many breaks that go both ways throughout the course of a game, or even a season if you have one particularly tough game. People just tend to have super selective memory.

Kards Karma is coming back with a vengeance for game 3.

LiveWire said:
The Rams are no joke. I always had a tough time against storybook. They've continued to progress and I think the CPU Rams would at least be 1-1 if not 2-0.

I won't fill in for them anymore if the league doesn't want me to, but I disagree with the comments about it being unfair for playoff purposes. It's the only solution when there's no owner around to play. Playing the CPU for free wins is worse, in my opinion, particularly if the CPU team is not an elite team. Now should we do like with the Broncos where everyone gets a turn? I don't think we should do that again. We should just stick with one sub for a team--everyone in the league should pick their preferred backup owner. If Zep doesn't want me as his backup for the Rams that's fine.

For me, I'd prefer sable to sub for the Redskins if I'm ever unable to play.

Personally I don't care which way we go. That said, I kind of agree playing the cpu for a free win has just as much playoff implications as having a sub play. It's such a hard decision though that I can understand why FMT just said no backups unless its for a weekend or something.

I also like FMT's ruling cause at least it provides consistency. The main problem last year I think was that there wasn't any consistency, one week a team would play the cpu another week someone would play a sub. I know there was some team DCX had to play a sub for when everyone else got the CPU or the real owner or something like that. Then people get mad that they played a higher quality opponent than they were scheduled to play etc.

Also I completely agree with the Rams, the couple times i've played storybook have been tough ones. Also thanks for setting me as your sub if we do go that route
and thanks for getting rid of JC

Is there any real saints fans in the league
lifelong ones
?

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
Personally I don't care which way we go. That said, I kind of agree playing the cpu for a free win has just as much playoff implications as having a sub play. It's such a hard decision though that I can understand why FMT just said no backups unless its for a weekend or something.

I also like FMT's ruling cause at least it provides consistency. The main problem last year I think was that there wasn't any consistency, one week a team would play the cpu another week someone would play a sub. I know there was some team DCX had to play a sub for when everyone else got the CPU or the real owner or something like that. Then people get mad that they played a higher quality opponent than they were scheduled to play etc.

Also I completely agree with the Rams, the couple times i've played storybook have been tough ones. Also thanks for setting me as your sub if we do go that route
and thanks for getting rid of JC

Is there any real saints fans in the league
lifelong ones
?
The shitty Titians. I was supposed to play Airbrain, had it all set up. People before me played the CPU, people after me played the CPU and i got Birdman. I gave the Titans thier first win. It didn't decide my playoffs or anything but still, it could have.

DCX

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
I would rather play human regardless. Makes me feel like a big man.
The thing is this, no offense to anyone but i want to play the level of comp that is due to me. I know this is a league where really anyone can win anygame...but when i'm facing a 13-1 team i want to play a 13-1 talent, not a 3-10 talent, and vice versa.

DCX

Mrbob

Agree with DCX on this issue.

A division opponent this year has already played the CPU Titans. No way I'm playing someone like Rors in the CPU place when a division opponent already had a lay down game.

If someone wants to play a human instead of a CPU, fine, let them. But don't force it upon someone nor should you be able to hand pick the human you play instead. Roll the dice if you want to do that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What if it's someone who's out but going to be back? Playing the CPU doesn't make sense and I'd feel like a pussy if I made the playoffs (with EA playoff system assistance) because of games where I beat the CPU. I thought LiveWire being the Rams was totally fair. Maybe he's better than Zep, and he's definitely better than the CPU, but I couldn't care less and I don't see it as unfair like maybe Rors or LJ taking over (no offense Live).

This is a league where we are made to play PEOPLE. If I wanted to shit all over the CPU constantly I'd just play franchise like all those basement shut-in weirdos who play 50 seasons. Honestly I'd rather play Rors than the CPU but that's just me I can see how people might have issue with having to do that.

Striker

AstroLad said:
What if it's someone who's out but going to be back? Playing the CPU doesn't make sense and I'd feel like a pussy if I made the playoffs (with EA playoff system assistance) because of games where I beat the CPU. I thought LiveWire being the Rams was totally fair. Maybe he's better than Zep, and he's definitely better than the CPU, but I couldn't care less and I don't see it as unfair like maybe Rors or LJ taking over (no offense Live).

This is a league where we are made to play PEOPLE. If I wanted to shit all over the CPU constantly I'd just play franchise like all those basement shut-in weirdos who play 50 seasons. Honestly I'd rather play Rors than the CPU but that's just me I can see how people might have issue with having to do that.
I'm in your boat. I'm in this league to play with folks here and have fun playing the game. If I lose, whatever. I lost to the Titans last season facing Rors. Not to get upset about your wins so much and learn to have fun, but that's too much for some, I guess.

Mrbob

Not at all, you are wrong about that.

It is about matchups. Why would I want to tip my hand against another player who I could possibly meet down the road in a meaningless game for them? I really don't care if I win or lose, but I do not want to give someone a free scouting report. My team is bad enough as it is against some of the other stacked teams out there.

DCX

DCX
Listen, i love playing in these league for all the reasons you guys do, at the same time i want to win. It's fun for me, but i want to be middle of the road to great, to elite. I want that, i strive for that.

I understand you need to play the best to be the best. If i play Rors, i'm going to lay his Raiders, not someone else team. I'm ok with 3rd party subs, or the CPU. It sucks if a division has to play 2 cpu games but it's an option like people said. If Astro wants to earn his balls, then that all good. It shouldn't be required or looked down upon if anyone else wants to play CPU.

DCX

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Not at all, you are wrong about that.

It is about matchups. Why would I want to tip my hand against another player who I could possibly meet down the road in a meaningless game for them? I really don't care if I win or lose, but I do not want to give someone a free scouting report. My team is bad enough as it is against some of the other stacked teams out there.

Free scouting report? Of what? TE Corner, TE Post, TE Go?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There's definitely no perfect solution, just some solutions that are more unfair than others. Like yes playing a rival who is into scouting is more unfair than many. Playing Rors subbing for [redacted] is more unfair. Playing the CPU when your rivals is similarly unfair. The tricky situation is when someone is out for a week or two. Clearly the league has come up with a bright-line solution for when a team is just orphaned. But in the temporary-absence situation, I think the ideal is playing someone of relatively similar skill level to the person being replaced and whose real team is not on your schedule, and everything else is steps away from that.

Mrbob

I think we are talking about two different things Astro. :lol I'm thinking more like the Titans where no one is there. I can understand a different situation if a player is gone for a week or two. At the same time, you shouldn't fault his opponent if he doesn't want to play a better player in their stead if they are gone for a couple weeks.

No offense intended for Crow, but the Broncos didn't deserve to be in the playoffs last year with all the time he couldn't play.

LiveWire said:
Free scouting report? Of what? TE Corner, TE Post, TE Go?

cutler-olsen.jpg

Mrbob

Checking out the league now...FMT is in danger of starting 0-3 with having to face the Saints next. Superbowl loss has affected him!

And I finished off my BEAST THE EAST tour by taking out the Eagles last night. Defeated the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles all in the past couple weeks between the end of last year and the start of this season.

I think the NFC South gonna be ultra competitive this year with the Falcons, Bucs, and Saints all going at it. Advantage: Freeballin'

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
denog looking good for tonight. call at 7 so probably going to leave around 8 should be home around 9-915. will post and hop on when i am

Top Bottom